Who was the first artist you got into? (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
So who was the first artist you got into as person, not only music. And also how old were you?

I actually didn't care about artist when i was young, all i did was listen music from here and there without even knowing who was behind it. I still don't know any members of Coldplay nor Pendulum despite loving music from those two bands.

But first artist I got into was jrock/jpop artist GACKT. I was probably 16 or 17 at the time, this was bit before I got into kpop, when i had visual kei phase or tried to have one xd My visual kei phase didn't rly bear fruit other than Gackt, so I'd read and watch every interview i could find in English, watch lives of him, even go to Sweden with my friend to see him live that being not only my first time abroad, but also first time seeing artist live. Even when i got into kpop- and lot more artist, idk kpop just does that to you more than any other genre, I still was fan of Gackt many years. In someways i still am, but I don't rly follow him in same way as before. And ofc i still have photo album on my computer full of his pics :D

 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Hilary Duff. lol. There was one more, but Hilary Duff had the bigger impression on me.
I liked Hilary Duff at one point too, I remember being obsessed by "Come Clean". I actually loved the white sweater she has in the mv and I still have similar one, I'm not sure how i still remember that from the mv. :jisoosmh: But i can't remember anything else from her than that one song.
 
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Arashi was the first group where I crazy over. I wasn't really into music when I was young unless they were from Disney. I got into when I was like in 5th grade. I remember being crazy in love with MatsuJun cuz of Hana Yori Dango. Till this day they remain my #1 Japanese group. I think Arashi the longest group I have been a fan of. I can't believe that they are going to be on hiatus. :pandasad:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,414
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
In the way i am now? None. Until SNSD.
Sure i liked some but i did not say know their birthdays or even the year they were born ect. And there are always those you just like.
Now listing artists most predate all on the site and many predate me.
Most were movie stars and recording artists.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Arashi was the first group where I crazy over. I wasn't really into music when I was young unless they were from Disney. I got into when I was like in 5th grade. I remember being crazy in love with MatsuJun cuz of Hana Yori Dango. Till this day they remain my #1 Japanese group. I think Arashi the longest group I have been a fan of. I can't believe that they are going to be on hiatus. :pandasad:
Arashi has had rly long run, I never got into their music, but while being more into Japanese music and Gackt i saw them once a while. I hope that they have comeback eventually as a group though i'm sure the members will keep doing their own stuff meanwhile ^^
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
In KPOP it was SHINee in 2010.

In general I guess it would be Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato back when they started on Disney.

First rock band I really followed is probably Fall Out Boy
 

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,799
Reactions Received
6,351
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,202
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
Stevie Ray Vaughan when I was a wee tyke, not sure how old but this would have been the early 90s so I was probably somewhere in the 3-7 year old range. I'm pretty sure it was after he'd already passed away (he died in a helicopter crash in Wisconsin in 1990).

Here's my fave SRV song, 'Life By The Drop', which was written by a musician friend of his about their friendship.
 
Joined
5 March 2019
Messages
2,571
Reactions Received
7,514
Location
beomgyu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
ATINY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread