Why Are WJSN's Sales Growing So Fast? (1 Viewer)

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,828
Reactions Received
28,463
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
Agreed. But, I mean don't the popular members already have their own group where their specific fans can spend their money on? I think they were called Rocket Girls. Again, I don't see why C-fans would support a group who basically don't house any Chinese members. Does WJSN even promote in China without their C-members? How many times have they been to China this year to promote? Do they go on talk shows there?
I just think we should not underestimate the chinese market, there are literally more humans there than usa + europe combined, they have already promoted there before, so i think they have a sizable fanbase already and with their recent growth in korea, i think that can explain their spike in sales.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Lovelyz is at 40 and fromis is at 30
maybe folks are just randomly buying more albums in general and a rising tide lifts all boats.. yet the top groups seem to flatten.
Yeah Lovelyz and Fromis have seen spikes in sales.
MMM, GF and RV seemed untouchable at one point. Now, we suddenly got all these contenders. Reminds me of 2nd gen :')
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,425
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I just think we should not underestimate the chinese market, there are literally more humans there than usa + europe combined, they have already promoted there before, so i think they have a sizable fanbase already and with their recent growth in korea, i think that can explain their spike in sales.
Send gugudan to china then They and We Me are not catching this trend.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I just think we should not underestimate the chinese market, there are literally more humans there than usa + europe combined, they have already promoted there before, so i think they have a sizable fanbase already and with their recent growth in korea, i think that can explain their spike in sales.
I'm overall hoping WJSN tailing GF's numbers will shock wake that cheap ass SouMu CEO. It's time he spent some MONEY.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Do I know why? Not at all. Although I'm really curious to see how it would look like if C-line returned for promotions.

That being said, I'm super happy coz I've been going through their discography and it's SO SOLID omg- their mystical, fantasy concept is great and they have good music and visuals, so maybe their fandom is growing steadily? The fanchants during their music show performances were LOUD.
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,828
Reactions Received
28,463
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
Also we have to factor in fans who only appreciate younger groups and moved on to supporting younger groups.
Send gugudan to china then They and We Me are not catching this trend.
Its hard to penetrate the chinese market though, its either a hit or miss.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,425
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Yeah Lovelyz and Fromis have seen spikes in sales.
MMM, GF and RV seemed untouchable at one point. Now, we suddenly got all these contenders. Reminds me of 2nd gen :')
it also could be that the price is right.
Buying fansign album for smaller groups you have a good chance to see.
I saw Cherry bullet with 3 the guy next to me bought 4 50 60 bucks for a fun night.
The 100 and change i spend on the lovelyz albums was some of the best money i have ever spent.

maybe the upper tier has kind priced them selves out, and they have to go international to blow past that 100k
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I don't follow WJSN so I don't really know. Maybe it's because they've got 3 Chinese members? I know Mei Qi and Xuan Yi are in Rocket Girls and I think Cheng Xiao is pretty popular there? Maybe that could be one factor that helps their albums sale go up, but I could be wrong. :welp:
 
Joined
6 September 2018
Messages
1,873
Reactions Received
6,954
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
They consistently make good music and top their previous eras.
They venture into new concepts and explore new ideas
They put effort and quality into their albums (not only the songs but the build of their albums are amazing, I have a few)
They have members promoting in different countries
They have many members so they can appeal to many different people
Their Chinese company is huge
They have different vers of albums
Fan service is huge for this group
Physicals sales in general have been increasing for ggs
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread