- Joined
- 31 December 2022
- Messages
- 67,031
- Reactions Received
- 98,791
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 348,717
- Ship
- Wreck
First of all, every new group that is created is unique. They have different members compared to the previous ones, which is usually a mixture of idols taken from the old group and new ones. They have different concepts, visions, producers and so on.
To me the 2 major reaons though why the IOI groups failed:
1. the companies they debuted in
2. the individual popularity of the members taken from the previous group
I think for the company point there is not much to discuss, its HYBE & Starship vs Pledis, Jellyfish, Fantagio & again Starship. By now Pledis got gobbled up by HYBE and Starship also seems to be at a very different point compared to where they have been, when they debuted WJSN.
As for the members. When you look at IVE and LSFM, they have the #1 (Wonyoung) and #2 (Sakura) ranked members from IZ*One in their groups, well at least that was the final ranking in pd48, but I assume Sakura was also second most popular at the end of IZ*One? Please correct me if its wrong, as ofc the popularity at the end is most important, not the ranking from the show.
Compared to IOI, their center and superstar member Somi did not join any group. I'm not sure who was second most popular, but it has to be Chungha I assume? Also went solo..
So I guess my point is, had Somi stayed in JYP and debuted with Itzy or whatever group they had in mind for her, the 2 conditions would also have been met: Good company + very high indiviual popularity. There would never have been any discussion of all post IOI groups failing and its also one of the greatest tragedies in Kpop imo.. please let Somi out of the dungeon
To me the 2 major reaons though why the IOI groups failed:
1. the companies they debuted in
2. the individual popularity of the members taken from the previous group
I think for the company point there is not much to discuss, its HYBE & Starship vs Pledis, Jellyfish, Fantagio & again Starship. By now Pledis got gobbled up by HYBE and Starship also seems to be at a very different point compared to where they have been, when they debuted WJSN.
As for the members. When you look at IVE and LSFM, they have the #1 (Wonyoung) and #2 (Sakura) ranked members from IZ*One in their groups, well at least that was the final ranking in pd48, but I assume Sakura was also second most popular at the end of IZ*One? Please correct me if its wrong, as ofc the popularity at the end is most important, not the ranking from the show.
Compared to IOI, their center and superstar member Somi did not join any group. I'm not sure who was second most popular, but it has to be Chungha I assume? Also went solo..
So I guess my point is, had Somi stayed in JYP and debuted with Itzy or whatever group they had in mind for her, the 2 conditions would also have been met: Good company + very high indiviual popularity. There would never have been any discussion of all post IOI groups failing and its also one of the greatest tragedies in Kpop imo.. please let Somi out of the dungeon