Why do people think I’m awkward for being autistic and half-Mexican? (1 Viewer)

Joined
25 September 2022
Messages
43
Reactions Received
19
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Neurodivergent
I honestly thought when I was younger I looked less autistic and Mexican but now I’m older and autistic and everyone on this board is looking at me weird for having autism and thinks I’m a weirdo for admitting to flapping my hands and getting overstimulated heavily, it’s like they think I’m crazy and that I couldn’t do that and they think autism is a weird disability to have, I get ignored a lot for flapping my hands, I work out every day for 24 days and eat healthy despite my autism, but oh my gosh some people on this site can be ableist towards autistic guys who are Mexican like me, my brother is in a Spanish class but I couldn’t learn Spanish when I studied it in Mexico, I’m now learning Vietnamese and my goal to study abroad in Vietnam, but idk if that’s an attainable goal, but it’s my main goal in life.

Basically I like this place sometimes but the people can sometimes be ableist if you don’t act neurotypical or say something out of line, like for example, I talked about flapping my hands and everyone disliked it.

Like my mom’s family is from Mexico, I tried to visit and everyone thought autism was a disease, it fucking sucked sometimes lol, I am wondering if I will get the same experience if I achieve my goal and go to Vietnam, idk.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
it happens. Just have to ignore the haters.
 

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
what
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
literally the same response i had
im just confused as to why this person keeps acusing us of being ableist for not interacting...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread