Why Kpop is so boring in 2019 ? (1 Viewer)

Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
  • Love
Reactions: kuro

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
you're a tasteful hoe
you're not a lose case like i thought
I'm a very tasteful hoe
people can deny my spamming powers or aesthetic abilities all they want (and even though it's superior), they can NEVER deny my taste
:maheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: MochiFace
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Soloists saved the day : Bom, Chen, Chungha, Sunmi, Eric Nam, Donghan

We had some pretty solid debuts : Everglow, Cherry Bullet, Oneus, BVDNT

And a few good comebacks : Mamamoo, Gfriend, Apink, The Boyz and N.flying
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eclipse
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
Soloists saved the day : Bom, Chen, Chungha, Sunmi, Eric Nam, Donghan

We had some pretty solid debuts : Everglow, Cherry Bullet, Oneus, BVDNT

And a few good comebacks : Mamamoo, Gfriend, Apink, The Boyz and N.flying
honestly the debut were better than the comeback

but it must be because we don't have anything to base our expectation compare to group who are already active
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Comebacks this year have just been a hit or miss for me.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I hate how boring kpop is this year tbh cause i hate western music and kpop is turning into western music..

company need to realise alot people went to kpop cause it was different not cause of the language

if they turn into western music and we end up liking it we will all end up going back to western music cause why listen to kpop when you dont understand it when there is millions of English songs what sound the same
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I can't say it has been particularly high, but then I ended up liking just around 10 songs last year and more of half of those come from BP's and Seungri's albums so.. I'm just lot less into kpop these days.

I liked Twice's Fancy more than most of their releases, but it's not bop for me like Yes or Yes was.

Kill this Love album wasn't as good as Square Up album, Kill this Love wasn't as strong as D4. In other hand although it's not music release, Coachella did bring lot of excitement for me, probably more than anything in kpop last year xd Overall it's alright album, there is stuff I listen even if BP has lot of better songs too.

I feel bit weird about BTS latest release. It wasn't as complicated and standout as Fake Love or Idol. But I didn't like Fake Love or Idol as songs. But I ended up loving Boy with Luv, it's really simple song, but also easy to like for me.

Overall I'd say it has been alright so far, kpop just in general is boring to me these days, but this year isn't especially boring. I have to see how it ends up being though.
 
Joined
11 May 2019
Messages
449
Reactions Received
1,505
Location
EXO planet~
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I liked a lot of 2019 songs.. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions <3
I mean we got... Miroh, KTL, Gogobebe, Bloom Bloom, Voice, You, Sunrise, Bon Bon Chocolat, Gotta Go, Fancy, Twit, Eung Eung (%%), Rooftop, Violeta, Bomb Bomb, Want, I'm So Hot, Thrilla Killa, Home, etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen
Joined
3 April 2019
Messages
12
Reactions Received
18
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Think so too but NCT 127 is coming and that's more than enough for me. :llama_tea:

 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,662
Reactions Received
93,475
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,317
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Four seasons ftw, it is really hanging around.
i also like %%, Hakuna Matata, Sunrise, Bol4's album.
Violetta is whatever OTR is going for and i like it as the classy grove it is.
But you are correct song of the year is up for grabs, in that a song the public really grabs onto has yet to drop.

Personally i have had a great time going to concerts and watching IZ*one.
Getting to know Fromis_9 and dreamnote.
Solid CB's from my bias groups.
And great songs from Taeyeon.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
The groups that I stan have all released great music this year in my opinion, whereas last year I didn't really like the majority of comebacks from my faves so for me 2019 has been really good compared to 2018.

llama_twerk
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I agree with the songs released from the groups you mentioned, but I disagree that it has been a bad year for songs thus far. I can't, when a whole "WANT" album from Taemin exists of this year as well as ASTRO'S "All Light" album - both great works that I play over and over
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread