Why "On" underperform ? (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
#1 song and bsides in the top 20's are considered underperforming now

It isn't the biggest hit or the most public friendly, but it's still a hit
 

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
#1 song and bsides in the top 20's are considered underperforming now

It isn't the biggest hit or the most public friendly, but it's still a hit
There's also that lol.:pepelook:
 
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The song did well. The truth is that while BTS is very popular and respected for bringing visibility and face (reputation) to South Korea, they aren’t an artist like IU. Their songs on the charts and streaming can be surpassed by another domestically popular artist, a song that catches on or by a public friendly girl group. They aren’t like a BigBang or IU who built up a domestic fan base and public favor first, thus making every title song a record breaking one on the domestic charts. Boy with Luv has amazing longevity staying in the Top 40 for months. Even if ON (which again did EXTREMELY well) isn’t chart breaking as long as it had a winning initial charting and high-level longevity it will be fine.
 
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The promotion style. I think the majority of people thought black swan was the title track. So with big hit waiting so long to release on, I think everyone thought the comeback already happened. Or at least their casual fans did. Big hit fucked up big time. I personally think black swan would have done way better and I’m still confused why it wasn’t the title track...
I was confused as well, but I think prereleases tracks can be done very well. Just make it clear what it is and give enough space to hype up the title track.
 
  • Like
Reactions: amourpinks
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I know nothing of this sort of thing so I honestly couldn't tell you. For me personally I didn't like On and preferred Black Swan over it, I feel like that's how quite a few others were but I can't speak for everyone.
Damn I Really liked ON apparently Im in the minority lol. But BigHit should have just released one music video, the fist one.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Damn I Really liked ON apparently Im in the minority lol. But BigHit should have just released one music video, the fist one.
I actually liked it better than BWL and Black Swan
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenGirlCrush

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread