COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Appreciation Winter is the cruelest month/Winter been robbed I Tell You true/How Winter been mistreated by the world n fate - a true life story of Winter of Aespa! (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
So i been struck by the Winter blues-but you want to know: How has Winter been mistreated?(ok i admit iv misled the good people out there who came in expecting something else)

Well it's simple rlly, out of the 4 Aespa members- Winter has the cruelest, most robbed fate in the world: when you search for #winter on twitter, instagram or tiktok (idk, i dont hv enuf room for the app on my phone) the percentage of false negative is higher than for #karina or #ningning or #giselle; isnt tat cruel for fate to rob the cutest member of her potential seekers?
PSX_20201206_072600.jpg

In order to find Winter in all her glory, i need to search for "#Winter+ #aespa" in order to find all Winter's full glory n cuteness.
PSX_20201206_072647.jpg

Isnt fate just too too unkind to our precious Winter? But i implore you, pls adore n let out Winter bless you smh, always search "#Winter+#Aespa" so tat the results will always bring u the true Winter, child-spirit n goddess of cuteness that warms your soul. Let her overcome the cruel world n its fate in store for her despite the robbed nature of Winter.

Stan Winter, everybody. This has been a Winter Faerie's Tale brought to you by KS' Korean Faerie's Tales.

(Yes, i know that only NingNing out of Winter, Giselle n Karina has the most unique searches tat return results of highest percentage, but tat dint work for my thread title, n besides i only stan Winter-srry, Karina, Giselle n NingNing)
@My
(even the fandom name is a cruel trick of the gods [SM Ent] to be overcome by persistence n diligence against perverse nature of our cruel lirds of destiny)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
when i search for winter i don't want pictures of snow, google !! :chickill: fix this

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
when i search for winter i don't want pictures of snow, google !! :chickill: fix this
It cant be fixed by them, but youtube has Minjeong cutie among top results for Winter, so its not 100% terrible-just not ideal for their names LOL-Winter, Karina, Giselle r beautiful names, just not searchable by google without "+Aespa", only NingNing alone gets ur not-terrible search results. But i think hardly any one in the fandom/gp will search more for NingNing than Karina, Winter n Giselle. Sigh. 4 stage names n almost all r terrible.y did so many yrs get wasted b4 debuting them? Why, SM, why?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
It cant be fixed by them, but youtube has Minjeong cutie among top results for Winter, so its not 100% terrible-just not ideal for their names LOL-Winter, Karina, Giselle r beautiful names, just not searchable by google without "+Aespa", only NingNing alone gets ur not-terrible search results. But i think hardly any one in the fandom/gp will search more for NingNing than Karina, Winter n Giselle. Sigh. 4 stage names n almost all r terrible.y did so many yrs get wasted b4 debuting them? Why, SM, why?
i'm kidding :haylul: i know they can't fix it, unfortunately. as gorgeous as their names are, i kind of wish they had more distinctive names in their languages so it would be easier to get search results. for instance, if you search taeyeon you get pictures of her. it's a good name because it's not too common

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
It's as bad as searching for MAMAMOO's "Solar".

All you get are pictures of solar panels!
:jisoosmh:

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
i'm kidding :haylul: i know they can't fix it, unfortunately. as gorgeous as their names are, i kind of wish they had more distinctive names in their languages so it would be easier to get search results. for instance, if you search taeyeon you get pictures of her. it's a good name because it's not too common
I think its just the year/time we're in, SM musta specifically wanted western friendly stage names different from their korean/asian names(except NingNing for Chinese/overseas Chinese market maybe), but their interns r terrible at English so finding unique, distinct names was beyond SM; if only they had recourse to English speaking idols (ahem-Tiffany, Amber, Krystal or shocker even a best-selling New York Times YA Novelist/Author) who could have suggested/advised them on better distinctive unique Western-sounding names but they blew it there by not offering them sth valuable enuf to make them stay with SM, if there ever even was any such thing. (I hope Wendy n Rose n Jennie dont go through the same forlorn paths of their English-speaking/Western-origin predecessors, they deserve even more from the trailblazing done by those before them). Krystal hopefully takes the world by storm with her acting n her charms n uniqueness, watever she decides to do going forward, i hope.

Tl:dr SM shoulda asked Wendy for her suggestions/advise on better unique distinctive names insteada Karina, Giselle n Winter(unless Wendy reveals she IS partially or fully responsible for the names, then srry-they shdnt hv asked Wendy in tat case, kinda doubt it tho)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Try ,,Winter kpop.

lol i once found searching for secret with out the kpop added could get to some strange places.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
It's as bad as searching for MAMAMOO's "Solar".

All you get are pictures of solar panels!
:jisoosmh:
But solar panels are great n awesome. Stan Solar panels n stream Sunlight, for vitamin D.

Try ,,Winter kpop.

lol i once found searching for secret with out the kpop added could get to some strange places.
Its like you dint even read/get my point-i showed you the results when winter by itself was googled, n when combined with aespa-the results are dramatically different. As stated by geegell n onlycalb in the posts above u, the aespa stage names arent as uniquely searchable as taeyeon or jisoo even. Nayeon n a few others. Jessica, Tiffany, Amber, Krystal, Jennie, Rosé, Lisa n Wendy get a pass from me as those are their birth-names or as close as it gets to it.

Im venting cos it puts Winter at such a hurdle/obstacle to her seekers to muddle through. If in 2009 i had googled or searched youtube for SNSD or fan translations or SONEs or Soshi? I might stanned my ults 9 yrs earlier, i lost precious time becos SM came up with Girls' Generation becos SNSD was too foreign by their thinking n from past experience they dint expect Soshi to strike a chord worldwidecso quickly, even SHINee or SuJu or EXO, didnt break through to the consciousness of the global market as much as SNSD so quickly. IMO.

Aespa may not hv SM expectations of the same but Karina Giselle n Winter's stage names arent a good start, to me. Its just a difference of opinion n experience ig. Newer ifans get it i think. You see thru pink-tinted glasses n think differently. Tats ok.

Stan Winter n stream Black Mamba.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
But solar panels are great n awesome. Stan Solar panels n stream Sunlight, for vitamin D.

Its like you dint even read/get my point-i showed you the results when winter by itself was googled, n when combined with aespa-the results are dramatically different. As stated by geegell n onlycalb in the posts above u, the aespa stage names arent as uniquely searchable as taeyeon or jisoo even. Nayeon n a few others. Jessica, Tiffany, Amber, Krystal, Jennie, Rosé, Lisa n Wendy get a pass from me as those are their birth-names or as close as it gets to it.

Im venting cos it puts Winter at such a hurdle/obstacle to her seekers to muddle through. If in 2009 i had googled or searched youtube for SNSD or fan translations or SONEs or Soshi? I might stanned my ults 9 yrs earlier, i lost precious time becos SM came up with Girls' Generation becos SNSD was too foreign by their thinking n from past experience they dint expect Soshi to strike a chord worldwidecso quickly, even SHINee or SuJu or EXO, didnt break through to the consciousness of the global market as much as SNSD so quickly. IMO.

Aespa may not hv SM expectations of the same but Karina Giselle n Winter's stage names arent a good start, to me. Its just a difference of opinion n experience ig. Newer ifans get it i think. You see thru pink-tinted glasses n think differently. Tats ok.

Stan Winter n stream Black Mamba.
I just modify the vast majority of my kpop searches with kpop until google knows that say IZONE from me does not want some dumb apple product :)

If an i fan has not learned that... then i pity the fool :)
1607218439257.png

Kpop is not in english ya gotta be flexable.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
This May>>>>>>>>>>>

This one

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I just modify the vast majority of my kpop searches with kpop until google knows that say IZONE from me does not want some dumb apple product :)

If an i fan has not learned that... then i pity the fool :)
1607218439257.png

Kpop is not in english ya gotta be flexable.
I gots the same issue with googling SONE, it autocorrectsearches SONY which where i am is more likely a search than Soshi's fandom.

As you say its my problem but SM's naming things doesnt help them any LOL.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I gots the same issue with googling SONE, it autocorrectsearches SONY which where i am is more likely a search than Soshi's fandom.

As you say its my problem but SM's naming things doesnt help them any LOL.
searching on phones has got to be much harder.
my browsers do not auto correct :)

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
This May>>>>>>>>>>>

This one
I feels for ya, darlin' but is tat her birth name or close to it? N wat group is she in/from?

searching on phones has got to be much harder.
my browsers do not auto correct :)
Nah, its google search itself autocorrectsearching-it gives the option of searching for SONE instead but i think it'd be the same even on com here, cos SONY is big exporter of electronics to the whole S.E.A. region, maybe only Samsung phones surpasses them now but not home electronics. SONY products r seen everywhere regionally hereabouts.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Cherry bullett May aka Hirokawa Mao

Born: November 16, 2004 (age 16 years), Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Nationality: Japanese
Music group: Cherry Bullet (Since 2019)
So clise to her birth surname/first name Mao. I stand my ground n feel vindicated for my whole thread, changing birth/first name is different from making up a entirely new unrelated stage name. SM coulda done better by Winter, i still feel-as well as Karina, Giselle n NingNing(the last is slightly or more than slightly better than the other 3 tho imo) LOL

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
So clise to her birth surname/first name Mao. I stand my ground n feel vindicated for my whole thread, changing birth/first name is different from making up a entirely new unrelated stage name. SM coulda done better by Winter, i still feel-as well as Karina, Giselle n NingNing(the last is slightly or more than slightly better than the other 3 tho imo) LOL
There is no doubt that winter is an odd choice for a stage name, pretty sure we all hit on that when it dropped.
Like are they naming them seasons?

May is actually worse May kpop gets ya birthdays..... or some soloist.
Winter Kpop does get the right girl.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Giselle looks good for her age

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
There is no doubt that winter is an odd choice for a stage name, pretty sure we all hit on that when it dropped.
Like are they naming them seasons?

May is actually worse May kpop gets ya birthdays..... or some soloist.
Winter Kpop does get the right girl.
Seasons it woulda been Summer as more unique kpop stage name, ig maybe Minjeong preferred Winter ifvshe had any say in it or SM just unilaterally decided for the whole group, idk.

Srry, darlinBlue but May n whole Cherry Bullet get so little international/kfan love tat i think the name was insignificant factor to their continued existance/belonging in the group/disbandment when it comes, they just got lost too much in the shuffle after their debut Alas. Too many rookie ggs n others debuting ard the same time/yr/half-decade for them to thrive-they mighta done better 5-10 yrs earlier but the the member woulda been under 10 yrs old, just the (bad) luck of the draw for them (so far, but hard to see their fortunes changing or going on hiatus/disbandment in the next 4/5 yrs or sooner.) I wiish there was room enif in kpop for them n other ggs to thrive tho. Its justva cruel world smh.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Too bad two of them both couldnt hv stage names-Shindong and LeeDong, but the second sounds vaguely too close to Yadong, maybe tats why.

I confused myself by thinking of D&E(Suju) n D.O.(EXO) were related smh, or tat it was Suju D&O ,while searching for Donghae's surname just now LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread