Would you say there actually is a good company in kpop? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I mean maybe Konnect (Kang Daniel´s company) and AOMG (Jay Park), but I´m a dumb baby at that. I haven´t done my research right and wherever I go I see people hating on every possible company. Obviously there are companies that screwed their idols over TS Entertainement (BAP), MBK entertainement (SPEED), Pledis Entertainement (NU´EST).

What do you think?
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
I think Source Music generally does a pretty good job of handling Gfriend, there are some things i'd improve upon but nothing I can think that just makes me wanna say bad company
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
Nope. As someone who wants to major in business, there's almost no such thing as a "good" entertainment company. They just want money. Let's be real.
some companies are just more upfront about being sketchy :wimwim:
they're not running a charity, and even charities have scandals about fraud or money laundering
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Nope. As someone who wants to major in business, there's almost no such thing as a "good" entertainment company. They just want money. Let's be real.
doesn´t everyone ... want money eventually? :D

tbh, I want money too :D.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Mangoey
Joined
6 February 2021
Messages
1,117
Reactions Received
1,890
Location
In your dreams
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multifan
Gender
Female
The big 3 stans, especially YG and SM get shitted on, JYP as well due to the shitty management,( why got7 left). Bighit is kinda shitty in their own way, Cube is ok but still kinda shitty because of what they did to Elkie and CLC, but companies like Pnation, AOMG, are really good at treating their idols well
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I'd say the companies that are run by current idols are probably decent. Especially the ones that only manage one group or one idol.
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
some companies are just more upfront about being sketchy :wimwim:
they're not running a charity, and even charities have scandals about fraud or money laundering
yeah, like I understand what Mayday is saying, but tbh, making money is their purpose so all companies want money. it´s not like idols don´t want to be paid either. the question is ... which company can actually do their job well and considerable. which company takes care of their idols, even those who are not famous. Which company is good at marketing, educating their idols and promoting them right.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
some companies are just more upfront about being sketchy :wimwim:
they're not running a charity, and even charities have scandals about fraud or money laundering
Yup. And there are different degrees of sketch. Like SM is no TS but that doesn't mean SM is perfect- they're farrrr from it.


doesn´t everyone ... want money eventually? :D

tbh, I want money too :D.
Ofc everyone wants money, I want to major in business. :haylul:

My only point is that these companies don't care about the person. They care about the profit they get from them.
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
yeah, like I understand what Mayday is saying, but tbh, making money is their purpose so all companies want money. it´s not like idols don´t want to be paid either. the question is ... which company can actually do their job well and considerable. which company takes care of their idols, even those who are not famous. Which company is good at marketing, educating their idols and promoting them right.
treatment of staff was more what I was talking about, everyone forgets about them until they mess up :wimwim:
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don't think so or at least I don't think about the companies as being good r ather the people inside of them there are many good people in many companies I'm sure
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,423
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
yeah, like I understand what Mayday is saying, but tbh, making money is their purpose so all companies want money. it´s not like idols don´t want to be paid either. the question is ... which company can actually do their job well and considerable. which company takes care of their idols, even those who are not famous. Which company is good at marketing, educating their idols and promoting them right.
I look at re sign rates.
SM gets hammered for a few thing but in the last decade or so the only folks who did not go 10 years plus.
Left the company. Now those folks leaving are what some point to as bad, but each case ( maybe even Jessica) the kids left for more money not the bs harsh treatment issues ppl bring up.

JYJ found a way to break the contract and get better money especially out of Japan.
The exo boys went to China. cuz like what is SM really goanna do, they will win in court in Korea and the kids in china ......
the other snsd girls wanted a different path but they still made 10 years.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
yeah, like I understand what Mayday is saying, but tbh, making money is their purpose so all companies want money. it´s not like idols don´t want to be paid either. the question is ... which company can actually do their job well and considerable. which company takes care of their idols, even those who are not famous. Which company is good at marketing, educating their idols and promoting them right.
I agreed that everyone wants to make money. It's about doing it ethically, which is what I was saying companies don't do. They're so focused on the money that they ignore ethnics. Nearly all compaies do this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread