News Yena's MV to 'Hate Rodrigo' was removed from youtube (2 Viewers)

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,597
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,428
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
understandable tbh, things like that should have been discussed before the release and while the song was kinda fun i wouldn't want to see a title with my name next to the word "hate" either. liv is soon promoting a new single too so poor timing as well
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Moguri
Joined
7 July 2022
Messages
6,154
Reactions Received
4,718
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
17,379
Fandom
PlryWnxyMYBlink
Gender
Male
Pronouns
🇰🇷-🇺🇸 PWMB
Dang. I was only joking in that previous thread but this actually occurred-- Olivia Rodrigo's team catching wind of Yena's MV.
I don't know why I thought it would never happen even if I did not say that since YouTube has become a social media site for companies.

Yes, Yena's label Should have titled it something else after using different lyrics, and not an actual person's name. So, it's their fault.
[ Keep in mind, I have not seen the trailer or the full MV so I don't know if she says those words in them. ]
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Moguri

shadow

.
.
Joined
10 April 2023
Messages
24,012
Reactions Received
19,103
Location
uran
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
97,644
Fandom
uwanator
Ship
Ngl when I found out that they were gonna have that as the song title I knew that things weren’t gonna end well. I haven’t seen the MV nor listened to the song but just seeing the song title itself was enough for me to know that something like that would be the result.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Moguri

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,162
Reactions Received
46,822
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,737
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm not a Yena stan, and now THANK GOD I'm not (even if I myself don't give a hoot about Olivia), because the song title alone was enough to irk me - I can only imagine how I'd feel if she'd used the name of a singer I do stan! How would she like it if somebody made her a diss track and called it Hate Choi or something?

And I know it isn't completely Yena's fault bc it was her company screwing themselves over as per usual, but I'm sorry - that video deserved to be taken down, or at the very least, Yuehua should've discussed this with Olivia's team first!
 

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,082
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,408
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm not a Yena stan, and now THANK GOD I'm not (even if I myself don't give a hoot about Olivia), because the song title alone was enough to irk me - I can only imagine how I'd feel if she'd used the name of a singer I do stan! How would she like it if somebody made her a diss track and called it Hate Choi or something?

And I know it isn't completely Yena's fault bc it was her company screwing themselves over as per usual, but I'm sorry - that video deserved to be taken down, or at the very least, Yuehua should've discussed this with Olivia's team first!
I understand how it can seem that way but it’s not a diss song though. It’s about Yena being jealous of Olivia because she’s that cool… as confirmed in an interview before the release. This issue is that they used Olivia’s image in the MV without her permission. Completely Yena’s company’s fault, but was likely not meant with malicious intentions
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sakura_Drop

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,162
Reactions Received
46,822
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,737
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I understand how it can seem that way but it’s not a diss song though. It’s about Yena being jealous of Olivia because she’s that cool… as confirmed in an interview before the release. This issue is that they used Olivia’s image in the MV without her permission. Completely Yena’s company’s fault, but was likely not meant with malicious intentions
Ohhh I see. lol just goes to show you shouldn't judge a song by its title.
 

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,082
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,408
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
Ohhh I see. lol just goes to show you shouldn't judge a song by its title.
It definitely appears one way just by the title alone so it make sense the conclusion made. I just happened to see the interview and looked at the english translation of the lyrics so I figured I would share that information too. Thanks for being understanding
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread