News YG Investors Have Lost 170 Million (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,622
Reactions Received
93,433
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
A lot of insiders are saying artists and actors are trying to get out of their contracts.

The only sure thing they have rn is Blackpink and touring money.
iKon is out of the equation, I think Winner is getting close to enlistment, and Korea is pissed off at every non-Taeyang member of Big Bang
bp was getting some spill over from the folks i talked to in Korea also.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
its good they are not in Korea.
Now's a good time to start working on Japanese content.
They have a Dome Tour but no original jreleases :nayeonisdone:
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
The only people I feel bad for are innocent employees and talent acts
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
that’s what the company deserves.
I just hope everyone will leave this sinking ship
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
at this point is it safe to assume that YG has lost its big three status?
Eh that's a hard question to answer considering people don't know how to define the Big 3 like do groups that go towards it need to be getting hits? As most of the current Big 3 acts have stopped getting hits the majority of the time but if you can go towards it with just album sales then YG still has decent total album sales.

Then there's the possibility of basing it on total income which has additional factors to it like Big Hit makes so much with just BTS because they don't have to spend any of their money on anything else until they got TXT.

So what actually goes into making a company Big 3 status?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and yeji

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Eh that's a hard question to answer considering people don't know how to define the Big 3 like do groups that go towards it need to be getting hits? As most of the current Big 3 acts have stopped getting hits the majority of the time but if you can go towards it with just album sales then YG still has decent total album sales.

Then there's the possibility of basing it on total income which has additional factors to it like Big Hit makes so much with just BTS because they don't have to spend any of their money on anything else until they got TXT.

So what actually goes into making a company Big 3 status?
I can't say for sure, but I think it would be something like reputation, brand power, and consistency. Their reputation was never the best, but with Burning Sun, BI's following scandal, and both of the Yang brothers stepping down, I'd say it's pretty much obliterated now.

And that's reflected in the drastic decrease in stocks.

As for their acts, Big Bang is over. iKon will continue as six, but I'd say that after losing their leader and composer, they're quite shaky. I don't know how well Lee Hi did on her recent comeback, but the rest of their artists, save Blackpink and Winner are too underpromoted and unknown. Plus, if what MonCherry has said about their actors and artists currently trying to get out of their contracts, then we don't even know exactly how many people they'll still have under their agency after all of this is over.

Going a bit off track, I wouldn't call BigHit a big 3 company as they're still relatively new and haven't proven their consistency yet. YG isn't really in the same boat, but I don't think they've had consistency for a while now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
I can't say for sure, but I think it would be something like reputation, brand power, and consistency. Their reputation was never the best, but with Burning Sun, BI's following scandal, and both of the Yang brothers stepping down, I'd say it's pretty much obliterated now.

And that's reflected in the drastic decrease in stocks.

As for their acts, Big Bang is over. iKon will continue as six, but I'd say that after losing their leader and composer, they're quite shaky. I don't know how well Lee Hi did on her recent comeback, but the rest of their artists, save Blackpink and Winner are too underpromoted and unknown. Plus, if what MonCherry has said about their actors and artists currently trying to get out of their contracts, then we don't even know exactly how many people they'll still have under their agency after all of this is over.

Going a bit off track, I wouldn't call BigHit a big 3 company as they're still relatively new and haven't proven their consistency yet. YG isn't really in the same boat, but I don't think they've had consistency for a while now.
If we are talking about digitals are YG really that bad off in comparison to the others? Let's say they have Blackpink, JYP have Twice since Itzy have only had 1 comeback so we can't measure their consistency and SM have Red Velvet and EXO.

Then add in the soloists YG has Lee Hi, SM has Taeyeon and JYP has Baek Yerin, none of them are solid with every act by far if we're looking at digitals but then they start showing strength in their album sales to compensate which brings in ones like NCT, Got7 and Winner.

I do agree on YGs public image being in tatters at the moment and that alone may show damage severe enough to reduce it to a Big 2 with SM and JYP as well that while TXT do well physically, digitally the company is carried by BTS.

However I would want to point out that Lee His song with B.I in no less is 10th on Melons daily chart despite all the mess that is going on with YG so as far as damage to their artists themselves go there isn't anything showing yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
If we are talking about digitals are YG really that bad off in comparison to the others? Let's say they have Blackpink, JYP have Twice since Itzy have only had 1 comeback so we can't measure their consistency and SM have Red Velvet and EXO.

Then add in the soloists YG has Lee Hi, SM has Taeyeon and JYP has Baek Yerin, none of them are solid with every act by far if we're looking at digitals but then they start showing strength in their album sales to compensate which brings in ones like NCT, Got7 and Winner.

I do agree on YGs public image being in tatters at the moment and that alone may show damage severe enough to reduce it to a Big 2 with SM and JYP as well that while TXT do well physically, digitally the company is carried by BTS.

However I would want to point out that Lee His song with B.I in no less is 10th on Melons daily chart despite all the mess that is going on with YG so as far as damage to their artists themselves go there isn't anything showing yet.
Yeah, I was mostly going off of public image and reputation as I don't follow sales and charting at all. So, I'll have to take your word for it.

I'm glad to hear that Lee Hi still did well despite everything that has happened and hopefully she and the rest of their artists can pull through and maybe successfully move to a different company if they wish.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread