News YG states it's difficult to confirm anything on Big Bangs renewals (3 Viewers)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
soooooo :jisoosmh:
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
So yg landed them a gig before even knowing who is in BB?:zoomeyes:
I'm guessing contract renewals weren't going well so the coachella performance was a way butter them up into resigning or YG was too confident about them resigning and decided to give them the performance.
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm guessing contract renewals weren't going well so the coachella performance was a way butter them up into resigning or YG was too confident about them resigning and decided to give them the performance.
I want to make a crack on YG trying to put a baby ban on Taeyang.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm guessing contract renewals weren't going well so the coachella performance was a way butter them up into resigning or YG was too confident about them resigning and decided to give them the performance.
I heard that the discussion is with GD, TOP and Daesung so apparently Taeyang has renewed then. So maybe they are confident they will get enough members to call it a Big Bang at least.. :jisoosmh: But yea it does sound like they are trying to use Coachella as encouragement.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
I heard that the discussion is with GD, TOP and Daesung so apparently Taeyang has renewed then. So maybe they are confident they will get enough members to call it a Big Bang at least.. :jisoosmh: But yea it does sound like they are trying to use Coachella as encouragement.
Maybe in name but I feel they would need either G-Dragon or T.O.P to resign as well otherwise they'll just have their vocalists but neither of their rappers which could end up with some of their songs sounding odd.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
So they are confirmed for Cochella, but contracts are ????

Yup, that sounds like great planning.
Exacly my thoughts, like how can they schedule a concert in April not knowing if the remaining members will renew? So it's one of two options: The members are sure all will stay in YG (I follow Taeyang and he posted about Coachella) or this will be BB's last concert as 4 (?), Which reminds me a lot what happened with 2ne1, by the time they performed in Mama 2015 Minzy already had decided to not renew her contact with YG.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I heard that the discussion is with GD, TOP and Daesung so apparently Taeyang has renewed then. So maybe they are confident they will get enough members to call it a Big Bang at least.. :jisoosmh: But yea it does sound like they are trying to use Coachella as encouragement.
Honestly, Taeyang doesn't have any reason to leave, like he does very good on his own, the same goes for Daesung. On the other hand I'm not sure if TOP will renew since he might not be in conditions emotionally or mentally to comeback and even GD, people turned his military service into a circus, I guess he would like to say goodbye to the idol life once and for all.
 
Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Honestly, Taeyang doesn't have any reason to leave, like he does very good on his own, the same goes for Daesung. On the other hand I'm not sure if TOP will renew since he might not be in conditions emotionally or mentally to comeback and even GD, people turn his military service into a circus, I guess he would like to say goodbye to the idol life once and for all.
It probably comes up to what they want to do, i'd imagine yg wanting to sign them all again. But seeing TOP posting on insta about Coachella and GD starting activities with Nike collab as soon as he was out of army.. i feel like they would rather do sth with music than lay low ^^
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I would like them to resign... but... I think YG just keeps killing himself over and over... announcing for Coachella and then being like "oh yea, we don't have them on contract yet!". I'd just burn YG at this point. Get Winner, iKON and the other good artists outta there...
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
It probably comes up to what they want to do, i'd imagine yg wanting to sign them all again. But seeing TOP posting on insta about Coachella and GD starting activities with Nike collab as soon as he was out of army.. i feel like they would rather do sth with music than lay low ^^
I think they’re just negotiating over the final details of their contracts, like YG said before, they want to have more control over their artists businesses after Seungri and Daesung’s scandals and I can imagine that being a point of contention especially for GD and all of his fashion ventures.
 

HopeOnTheStreet

⚜ Hopin' around ⚜
.
Joined
12 July 2019
Messages
577
Reactions Received
2,804
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I'm almost sure they will sign, they might make a separate label for themselves to have more control. TOP posted Coachella on his ig, they aren't going anywhere. Making a new company with connections ain't that easy even if you are GD.
This announcement can also be used to get them some hype so when they sign, it will be a big thing.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
They need to mediaplay them as the victims more.
They tried it with the whole "they'll lose the rights to their stage names" bit but it didn't get the reactions they were expecting.

I feel that we'll be seeing a lot more articles stating what BB has to lose by leaving so they gain public sympathy and don't look like sleazeballs
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
They need to mediaplay them as the victims more.
They tried it with the whole "they'll lose the rights to their stage names" bit but it didn't get the reactions they were expecting.

I feel that we'll be seeing a lot more articles stating what BB has to lose by leaving so they gain public sympathy and don't look like sleazeballs
Depends where it's coming from, could be YG mediaplaying hoping they see it to push them in YGs direction since it seems like YG is getting desperate for them to resign with the Coachella performance
 
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
:facepalm:
....................................................................................................................................................................

Let this be known. YGE needs G-Dragon, T.O.P., Taeyang and Daesung. If they leave tomorrow those four could still be booked for Coachella. Honestly I think they will all resign but YG just looks foolish announcing or booking Coachella before finalising the contracts.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread