Your favourite song of the decade? (1 Viewer)

Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I'll choose 2, one BG and one GG coz it's hard to decide :yolk:

For girl groups, it's Rough by GFriend (2016). It just takes me on such an emotional ride, unlike any song. It doesn't sound overly sad like a ballad would, it's upbeat but also very nostalgic, makes you yearn for days gone by and the passion in the vocal delivery coupled with that instrumental really sets that mood perfectly. And when the guitar solo comes in, it's like the icing on the cake. Of course, having GFriend with that choreo helps too.




And for boy groups, it had to be The Chaser by Infinite (2012). Unlike Rough, which lets the instrumental come in and take over between verses, this one is basically a non stop romp from start to finish. The momentum never lets up, and even towards the end, it feels like the song is constantly building up. The only release you get is by hitting that replay button mercilessly again and again. It even makes me think of something cyberpunky- neon colored landscapes and bikes racing past you like in Akira lol. Either way, this is Sweetune's masterpiece.

Yes for The Chaser.
 
Joined
5 March 2019
Messages
2,571
Reactions Received
7,514
Location
beomgyu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
ATINY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
this is sooo hard!!! There are so many!

Female: Lion Gidle

Male: Honestly either SuperM Jopping or Ateez Say My Name!
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I'll go with this one

ISTG this song kills me just by seeing the thumbnail...

To answer OP...
I have no clue :haylul: If you'd asked me like a year earlier I'd have said 24K - Only You or BAP - One Shot currently it's
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
ISTG this song kills me just by seeing the thumbnail...

To answer OP...
I have no clue :haylul: If you'd asked me like a year earlier I'd have said 24K - Only You or BAP - One Shot currently it's
C'mon we all know your real SOTY :lisalaugh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: RainbowDevil
Joined
15 October 2019
Messages
22
Reactions Received
45
Location
Saturn
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
OH this is difficult. Kpop changed so much this decade--I feel as though 2015 SM stepped up the game with some fantastic releases that set the tone for art direction, so everything before then and everything after are night and day. Ugh, I'll go with my completely subjective picks, so I won't ramble about why:

SOLO ARTIST:

Runner up: All Sunmi tracks/anything Anda did
BG:

Runner up: "This Love" by Shinhwa
GG (DEADASS TIE):

This whole comeback album, bruh:

Runner up: "Hip" by Mamamoo and "Boom Boom" by Momoland

I have reasons for all my choices and I'm clearly very indecisive.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread