I tend to think about this alot, warning labels are there for that purpose, it removes liability off of the thread maker and those that participate. Much like trigger warnings and other things.
It's not actively advertising to younger users but it is easily accessible, however its not our responsibility to protect those who choose to actively go into such threads when theres is a warning. Being that especially this thread is a specific type of thread even if it does appear to the public you have to specifically enter it of you own accord (give or take a few accidently clicks)
and considering the lowest age for official users are 13 (I know some may lie) but the time your 10 especially if you've grown up with technology you have the ability to choose to enter something that specifically says its for 18+ plus, that's an individual choice on their part.
However this also has an anonymous form base, in which some people under then 18 may seek advise so they will actively enter (everyone doesn't magically know everything at 18, some are also in sexual stituations before 18 as legal age of sexual consent is different for many countries)
In fact we have adult users olderthan 18+ that are also uncomfortable with such content.
I'm somewhat 50/50, everything so far is done appropriately in terms of warnings label and rules, but it's so easily assesible to those younger it does make me feel off...
The only way to deal with this is to have age lock, but it would require alot of changes to forum codes, I would think to get those put onto threads and would require ages to be known to staff to a degree.
while I agree with you that legally it is not our responsibility. I feel like we could all chip in to make the Internet a bit of a safer space. A parent might expect such topics on various forums, but why kpop? Why can´t a child discuss music safely? Why do we always have to have sex related topics?
As a parent you can block certain sites, you can watch your child´s activity, you can do a lot. Sure, the best way is to talk about safety on the Internet, but imagine having a daughter who is 14 (and Peachy_Tae is 14) telling you she hangs out with people on a kpop forum, as a parent you might roll your eyes but you want to be tolerant and allow your child to at least express her love for her interests. Why not? it is not anything dangerous! just kpop! and look at those 20+ men being innocent as lilies, not even being able to date.
but the forum is public. who will make sure, who is reading those threads? who will make sure, she will not be getting disgusting anons about "you wanna know what it feels like?" etc.
I´m a teacher. In my class, last years, some kids were talking anal sex, big words, little actions. One kid was so scared to go to school, she just locked herself for the whole week, started cutting herself and just completely broke down, because she could not get that picture out of her head. She was 12! The girl who sent her a text about "you know what if a man sticks his penis into your ass" just to make fun of her was called into the principal´s office. That little "bully" realised what she had done and broke in tears, shaking. I had to hold her! They were all so devastated. Two broken girls, two broken families.
I´m not gonna sit here and say nothing. I don´t want to be a part of the problem. I don´t want to say "sex is everywhere, so let´s allow it on a public forum too"! if some of you are .... well, live with it because I will never forget the shaking child in my arms.
Sex should be discussed safely, when people are ready and you never know whenever that is.
And if you are gonna talk about "well,we have Sex Ed" yes, we do and but the syllabus is done in a way to make sure that it is safe for children at different stages.