Artists you thought were overrated but now love (1 Viewer)

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Were there any artists you thought were overrated at first but then grew to love?

For me, when I first heard Red Velvet's titles (namely, Russian Roulette), I thought the group was overrated. A lot of their notable title tracks were 'Red,' which was not my style at the time. When I finally listened to RV's albums, I started to like them, and they were solidified as one of my favorite groups by the time Peek-a-Boo came out. Also, their Red side is amazing now.

Another one is Bewhy. I knew he was a great rapper but his rap seemed to be stagnating and I didn't understand *all* of the praise. Most of his music didn't particularly impress me either. However, this year my opinion on him did a 180—he released a fantastic album where he produced nearly all the tracks alone (whereas before I thought his producing was alright). I was really blown away. He's definitely one of my favorite K-rappers now.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yes BewhY king released the best album

I lowkey felt that loco was overrated. I never cared too much about his releases but than came Movie Shoot with Dabin and it really got to me. His ep Hello really is what got me really obsessed. It‘s so good
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,425
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
None. I really really do not change my mind on kpop. Mostly because if i think they are not worth my time they get none of my time :)

I do like some WG after just not really feeling nobody.
That is about as close as it gets for me i guess.
 

Yolks

✦ Hwang Hyunjin ✦
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
4,311
Reactions Received
20,315
Location
sin & moon ☽
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
TXT sorta? When BigHit first announced them, my thoughts were that they were probably going to be overrated and have clout just because of BTS, but now I really love them & their first album. All of the members are so precious too :sanapray:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: mirella and Pigeon

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
TXT sorta? When BigHit first announced them, my thoughts were that they were probably going to be overrated and have clout just because of BTS, but now I really love them & their first album. All of the members are so precious too :sanapray:
Oh wow that must have been pretty unexpected :sanapray:

I haven't gotten into TXT but I'll follow their future releases and maybe they'll surprise me, especially if their music gets edgy later on :irenecrazy:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Yolks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread