Rumor Baskin Robbins under fire for sexualizing child model Ella Gross in recent CF (1 Viewer)

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
A recent CF done by Ella Gross for Baskin Robbins has recently been gaining some negative attention. Neitzensare accusing BR for "sexualizing" the 10 year old star, as the camera zooms in on her mouth as she eats the icecream. Hours after the release, the advertisements were quickly taken down by Baskin Robbins, although uploads are available online. However, the uproar didn't end there; as BR didn't actually appear to sexualize Ella in any way, many were quick to shut these speculations down immediately. However, despite their efforts, this didn't stop people from sexualizing Gross. In addition to the already massive comment section filled with sexual comments, a large portion of these comments received high amounts of likes, some up to 3000. (As these are quite vulgar, I will put them in a spoiler for you to view at your own risk.)
33838

33839

33840

Baskin Robbins released an official statement shortly after the controversy arrived, as those people who made the pedophilic comments blamed Baskin Robbins for making the CF sexual to begin with. Contrary to the accusations that aspects of the CF (such as the clothes and the scenes) were purposely sexualized, the company stated that both Gross's parents and the company had come to an agreement on how Ella was to be portrayed in the video.


“We believe we put on Gross a typical amount of makeup for a child model and clothes from one of the child-wear brands that Gross was modeling for...But we removed the image after accepting customers' opinions." - The Korea Times

Many were not content with this statement, as rather than apologizing, it simply "justified" their actions. Despite the large number of pedophiles, the public stood up for Ella and Baskin Robbins on social media platforms.
33845

33846


Gross's mother went to IG to speak up about the issue, expressing her concerns in a lengthy. but honest paragraph.




Ella's company, The Black Label has not spoken up about this. Though a week has passed, many neitzens are still enraged. What are your opinions? What do you think of the whole situation?


​

I couldn't find any thread about this anywhere, so if anyone knows one, please report this.
​
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 June 2019
Messages
127
Reactions Received
453
Location
Magic Shop
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
People are so disgusting. Honestly I saw the ad and thought it was cute and was not suggestive at all, she was just having fun! It sucks that it had to be removed because of people like this sexualising it
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
People are so disgusting. Honestly I saw the ad and thought it was cute and was not suggestive at all, she was just having fun! It sucks that it had to be removed because of people like this sexualising it
Yeah, when I first read about it, I expected it to actually appear sexualized. But even if this CF was done on a 25 year old, there's nothing sexual about this at all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ontheblueside
Joined
22 June 2019
Messages
127
Reactions Received
453
Location
Magic Shop
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah, when I first read about it, I expected it to actually appear sexualized. But even if this CF was done on a 25 year old, there's nothing sexual about this at all.
Exactly!! She's just eating ice cream-
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday
Joined
25 April 2019
Messages
6,439
Reactions Received
3,087
Location
Temple of the Cult of Yoshinori
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,833
It is sad and unfortunate but it seems children should not be in ice cream-related CFs due to the sexual connotations of eating ice cream.
What a world we live in.

Referencing my own post:

Because I have sexualized ice cream before right on this forum.



I grew up with a mother who told me to eat bananas a certain way in public. I am not joking. My mom also thinks it's vulgar for women to be seen drinking straight out of long-neck bottles.

The comments under the spoiler 🤢🤮
 
Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
What weirds me out is how these people thought those comments were okay. I mean sure internet is anonymous, but like ur not even trying to hide your pervessions u are just flaunting them out like it's completely normal and even like ur proud like..
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It is sad and unfortunate but it seems children should not be in ice cream-related CFs due to the sexual connotations of eating ice cream.
What a world we live in.

Referencing my own post:

Because I have sexualized ice cream before right on this forum.



I grew up with a mother who told me to eat bananas a certain way in public. I am not joking. My mom also thinks it's vulgar for women to be seen drinking straight out of long-neck bottles.

The comments under the spoiler 🤢🤮
That's the issue with the culture of openly sexualizing things. It ruins it for others. A girl can't even eat icecream in front of a camera because of society's negative connotations.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Poetry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread