📚📖BOOK SUGGESTION THREAD📖📚 (4 Viewers)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Here to suggest the False Prince Series and the Bartimaeus trilogy. They're both fantasy.
@yall
Imma double suggest the False Prince!!! Main character is EVERYTHING
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
@yall
Imma double suggest the False Prince!!! Main character is EVERYTHING
RIGHT?
I love him, he's actually one of the best main characters I've ever read about >->
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
RIGHT?
I love him, he's actually one of the best main characters I've ever read about >->
He’s so amazingly written! The plot twist to! Totally believable and made sense with him, I love :pandahappy:
 

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
He’s so amazingly written! The plot twist to! Totally believable and made sense with him, I love :pandahappy:
Lol all these posts just made me pick up The False Prince. Hoping it's as good as you guys are saying😜

Edit: The False Prince by The Ascendance Trilogy? Cause there are other books with that name too😂
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Lol all these posts just made me pick up The False Prince. Hoping it's as good as you guys are saying😜

Edit: The False Prince by The Ascendance Trilogy? Cause there are other books with that name too😂
Yes, Ascendance Trilogy!
 

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yes, Ascendance Trilogy!
Ok thanks hun! Already purchased it. Can't wait to get home to read it. I really like the description on Goodreads
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and Jimimis

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Just finished Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (yes in less than a day but who cares XD). I don't think I've ever been so moved by a book. I honestly can't describe what an amazing book it is and how profoundly I felt everything the author tries to convey to us. Everyone should read it at least once in their life. Such an amazing book.

Starting The Cruel Prince atm
 

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Aww, thank you! :D



I read it when I was younger, but I had to put it down because it hit me too hard T_T Later on, I found out my mom got rid of it along with a bunch of other stuff, so I never got to finish it.
Aww you should finish it at some point. Even tho it's a sad book it's still such a great one
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Ok thanks hun! Already purchased it. Can't wait to get home to read it. I really like the description on Goodreads
when you finish reading it, let me know what you think!! :pandahappy:
 

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
when you finish reading it, let me know what you think!! :pandahappy:
I still haven't read much of it tbh cause I've been extremely busy with work but hopefully during the weekend I will! Will let you know as soon as I'm finished!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jimimis and Mangoey
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,174
Reactions Received
53,016
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
175,082
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Finished reading Epileptic graphic novel

Now I want to know what happens next :maheart:



It's very touching in some parts anyway, I think I may read Persepolis next.
Persepolis is so good, read it long time ago. Can't remember now if I watched the movie made from the graphic novel.

Epileptic sounds interesting. Oh n now I realize it's translated into English as by David B. (Safari look up confused me by showing me: L'Ascension du haut mal ("The Rise of the High Evil"), published in English as Epileptic, is an autobiographicalgraphic novel by David Beauchard ) which I know as by David B.

I'll try to check it out but I don't go to comics shop/shops selling graphic novels much now, so may take awhile.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jimimis and jasque

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Persepolis is so good, read it long time ago. Can't remember now if I watched the movie made from the graphic novel.

Epileptic sounds interesting. Oh n now I realize it's translated into English as by David B. (Safari look up confused me by showing me: L'Ascension du haut mal ("The Rise of the High Evil"), published in English as Epileptic, is an autobiographicalgraphic novel by David Beauchard ) which I know as by David B.

I'll try to check it out but I don't go to comics shop/shops selling graphic novels much now, so may take awhile.
Yeah, epilepsy in french is called High Evil, but i think its not an acceptable way of calling it in english.

Its a very good book, and David B. helped Persepolis author by suggesting doing an autobiography.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,174
Reactions Received
53,016
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
175,082
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Yeah, epilepsy in french is called High Evil, but i think its not an acceptable way of calling it in english.

Its a very good book, and David B. helped Persepolis author by suggesting doing an autobiography.
Didn't know that David B. suggested her to create her autobiography (Persepolis) ; I remember parts of the graphic novel but forgot if she wrote abt how she decided to create the graphic novel. Ten or so years ago (whenever I first read it) i loved it cos it was so different from the superhero/marvel/DC comics I was used to.

Dunno where my copy is/are (2 parter, I think-not collected into one Edition.)

Maybe I should dig for it n read it again soon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jimimis and jasque

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Has anyone here read The Old Man and the Sea or Hills like White Elephants by Ernest Hemingway? They're soo good. I love how he's able to convey so much with so little.
i loved the old man and the sea, I read it all in one sitting. I haven't read the other one yet, but it's on my reading list!
 
  • Love
Reactions: username1

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
when you finish reading it, let me know what you think!! :pandahappy:
Sooo it took me some weeks but I finally finished all 3 books! I loved the first book, not so much the other two, with the third being my least favorite. Still, it was a good series overall. I just loved Sage!
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Sooo it took me some weeks but I finally finished all 3 books! I loved the first book, not so much the other two, with the third being my least favorite. Still, it was a good series overall. I just loved Sage!
First book was definitely the best one, but I liked the third one second best lol. Sage is such a great character!!!! He’s so smart :pandahappy: It’s so fun to see him do stuff
 

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
First book was definitely the best one, but I liked the third one second best lol. Sage is such a great character!!!! He’s so smart :pandahappy: It’s so fun to see him do stuff
That is so damn true. I just love his whole sarcastic humor etc. He's amazing!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread