Comeback BTS (방탄소년단) - 작은 것들을 위한 시 (Boy With Luv) feat. Halsey (1 Viewer)

Ringwanderung

ad astra per aspera
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
2,391
Reactions Received
12,538
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
This is the best title track they have released since DNA. I like the song but I just hate how much editing they did to all of their voices, it seems that's been happening more and more in their songs and it drives me insane. I love their real voices, or even the very small editing that's done in the past but not this overdone stuff. But idk maybe that's just me.

Anyways I like the song, just wish they would've done some things very differently.
lol looks like everyone agrees with this, because i do too :P

LOVING THE CHILL VIBE <3 not my favorite title track, but it’s pretty good to me! :pandalove:
 
Last edited:

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I have beeen so busy that I completely forgot this was being released today!

It's not what I was expecting at all. It's so light and cute. I love it! :pandalove:
I was wondering how the rap parts would fit in because the song is just so light but they made it work. It went in well with the song.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Okay I'm really confused. I went to Apple Music to check out the album and Halsey sings the first chorus LOL. Why did they edit out her part in the MV? Were BigHit really scared that Armys will thrash Halsey or something?
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Okay I'm really confused. I went to Apple Music to check out the album and Halsey sings the first chorus LOL. Why did they edit out her part in the MV? Were BigHit really scared that Armys will thrash Halsey or something?
Yeah you’re right! I knew something sounded off on Apple Music. I like that they actually have her singing, I wonder why they took it out??
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah you’re right! I knew something sounded off on Apple Music. I like that they actually have her singing, I wonder why they took it out??
The song was quite literally made for Halsey's vocal tone so her voice goes great with the track. I honestly have no idea why they'd edit her out of the official MV. Pretty stupid move imo. Maybe it really is the army thing.
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
The song was quite literally made for Halsey's vocal tone so her voice goes great with the track. I honestly have no idea why they'd edit her out of the official MV. Pretty stupid move imo. Maybe it really is the army thing.
Honestly it very well could be. But maybe they’ll make a comment about it and explain why if it’s not that. It just seems weird asking someone to feature on a song and only giving them a few words to sing for the official MV but give them a chorus for the digital song?
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Honestly it very well could be. But maybe they’ll make a comment about it and explain why if it’s not that. It just seems weird asking someone to feature on a song and only giving them a few words to sing for the official MV but give them a chorus for the digital song?
Yeah I can't really figure out the motive behind it lol. If you listen to the song, digitally, you can hear her doing numerous background vocals for the song as well, which also seems to be drowned out in the MV. Strange to say the least.
 

GoldenBunny

RM's Bonsai Nanny
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
635
Reactions Received
2,191
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
The album overall is really excellent - the lyrics, sound, and emotion are gorgeous and it flows really smoothly. Adore the sentiment - it really is for ARMY, and fantastic production.

As always, the title is at the bottom of the list for me; it's supremely listenable and pleasant, but they do Fiddle with the voices a lot more than the other songs. But I say this and this system works for them really well - they do a gp song as a title, and their brilliance shines in the bsides. :pepeheart:
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
First to third time listening feels:

1st thought
*laughs at people who thought it would be the HalseyxRMxJungkook ft Jimin* HA! no one here that I know...just people on a different non-k-pop website, hurhurhur...
But really, though this collab with Halsey was (IMO) primarily to reach radioplay, it has just about as much English as usual and Halsey's presence is actually miniscule in the song. The song is Korean, it's still mostly K-Pop, and Halsey's background vocals are cute. So ha.

2nd thought
This is my thought whenever a group/artist sings in a higher key. Can they do it live? We know some members of the vocal live struggle live, and I just wonder if they can maintain it.

3rd thought
*Around second listen*
You know what, I actually like the song. I don't particular think much of the video, if I'm honest, but they're visuals (*stares at Tae*) are on point as usual. I gotta admit that I didn't like the dancing around J-Hope's rap part. Actually, and J-Hope is more or less my bias, but I liked his part least in the entire song ;~;. RM and Suga brought it, though lyric-wise, I preferred RM's part. LOL at the way the rest of the guys looked when he said he was a litle stuck-up (@3:15).

4th thought
And this is a side-note thought, since I live in the South and they'll probably only play this song if it maintains Top 40. I wonder how long radio stations will play this song, that is obviously still so very Korean.

*Gets ready for work*
 

GoldenBunny

RM's Bonsai Nanny
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
635
Reactions Received
2,191
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
The song was quite literally made for Halsey's vocal tone so her voice goes great with the track. I honestly have no idea why they'd edit her out of the official MV. Pretty stupid move imo. Maybe it really is the army thing.
Actually the majority of ARMY on Twt and Reddit are saying the same thing - they like her voice here and are surprised how little it is in the MV. Halsey has gotten tons of support on Twitter.

I actually think it's to have a performance version versus a radio version, which is very smart. They'll need to be able to carry it when doing it in stage!
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Actually the majority of ARMY on Twt and Reddit are saying the same thing - they like her voice here and are surprised how little it is in the MV. Halsey has gotten tons of support on Twitter.

I actually think it's to have a performance version versus a radio version, which is very smart. They'll need to be able to carry it when doing it in stage!
I do hope they'll perform it with Halsey live though, one day :(
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Actually the majority of ARMY on Twt and Reddit are saying the same thing - they like her voice here and are surprised how little it is in the MV. Halsey has gotten tons of support on Twitter.

I actually think it's to have a performance version versus a radio version, which is very smart. They'll need to be able to carry it when doing it in stage!
Speaking of which, Halsey's Korean pronunciation is so good :pandaamazed::pandaamazed::pandaamazed:
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
Sound like something TXT would release
I also kinda agree with this. I wrote something pertaining to the...cutesy vibe? of the video/dance, but erased it. I don't mesh BTS well with "cute", so that is something I didn't like.
 

GoldenBunny

RM's Bonsai Nanny
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
635
Reactions Received
2,191
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I was thinking maybe on BBMA?
pretty sure they will when they tour in like America or somewhere
I hope so! *come through first night at MetLife, Halsey!* :sanapray:

I hope so in the BBMAs - I wonder if they'll announce that they're performing this week? (if they are!)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread