Can Somebody Please Tell Me What "Organic Success" Is? (2 Viewers)

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I did Marketing for 4 years in college and never came across this term :nayeonisdone:
How does anyone get to a site without the help of Google :O
It's basically unpaid advertising :sanapray: in your example, organic success means basically doing something without external help
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I think it refers to success that wasn't achieved overnight a.k.a gradual rise

For example a lot of people would call big 3 groups success ''unorganic'',meanwhile groups like bts and ateez would be ''organic''
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't BTS and Ateez selling over 30K with their debut albums?
That's pretty successful for a debut xD
 

Sory

I see that I'm Icy
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
6,873
Reactions Received
17,910
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
To me it means success obtained naturally and not because of intensive promotion or obsessive fans.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I know, I wasn't being serious lol.
Organic success often times is no success tbh :umjicry:

I mean you could make a case for BTS, but it's rare for nugus to become organically successful. Maybe if Momoland were able to sustain their hype and actually build a fandom :susPepe:
Organic success in Kpop is non existent.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
To be blunt: an non-realistic ideal held by salty-ass Twitter Armys to drag BP

The funny part is BTS didn't have "organic growth" either :nayeonisdone:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
It's basically unpaid advertising :sanapray: in your example, organic success means basically doing something without external help
Everyone has external help in the entertainment industry :sanapray:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Organic success in Kpop is non existent.
I mean going from low-mid tier to the top is still success, you have to start somewhere. Often times some groups sell well right from debut due to the right strategies by the company.
It's just that nugus lack any resources to mount any meaningful competition. You're not gonna see NeonPunch achieve organic success but if Cherry Bullet eventually becomes successful, I'd still call it organic.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I mean going from low-mid tier to the top is still success, you have to start somewhere. Often times some groups sell well right from debut due to the right strategies by the company.
It's just that nugus lack any resources to mount any meaningful competition. You're not gonna see NeonPunch achieve organic success but if Cherry Bullet eventually becomes successful, I'd still call it organic.
If Cherry Bullet becomes successful, it'll be because of their predecessors and their company's connections.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I did some very brief research and it's groups who rose gradually and were more reliant on their music rather than variety shows, the popularity of one member or viral moments.

I don't understand why it's better to be 'organic' though... Why does it matter?
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
To be blunt: an non-realistic ideal held by salty-ass Twitter Armys to drag BP

The funny part is BTS didn't have "organic growth" either :nayeonisdone:
It's just non existent. You need connections and promotion to thrive in the entertainment industry. There's literally no shame in achieving success thanks to smart marketing and strategic decision making.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
If Cherry Bullet becomes successful, it'll be because of their predecessors and their company's connections.
Hardly any AOA fan is stanning them rn though, and I mean it's a company's job to use it's connections to promote their artists.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I did some very brief research and it's groups who rose gradually and were more reliant on their music rather than variety shows, the popularity of one member or viral moments.

I don't understand why it's better to be 'organic' though... Why does it matter?
You can count with one hand how many idol group gets recognized for their music.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Everyone has external help in the entertainment industry :sanapray:
Maybe in kpop we can go for the groups coming from small companies? :nekosweat: those companies who can't support too much advertising, fancy MVs or to cover scandals:wimwim:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I did some very brief research and it's groups who rose gradually and were more reliant on their music rather than variety shows, the popularity of one member or viral moments.

I don't understand why it's better to be 'organic' though... Why does it matter?
It doesn't make any group better or worse, stans just use it to put others down and feel better about their choices. Or to downplay other's achievements when they have no argument lol.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
You can count with one hand how many idol group gets recognized for their music.
I don't think you can even count because I don't think there are any.

Even groups that self produce rely on variety and various shows to promote themselves... Music Shows exist for a reason :jisoosmh:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Hardly any AOA fan is stanning them rn though, and I mean it's a company's job to use it's connections to promote their artists.
If Cherry Bullet get famous, it'll be due to a viral song or member. There's no way they'll organically grow with their hard-work into becoming successful. The Kpop industry is just not structured that way for that to ever happen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid and yeji

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I don't think you can even count because I don't think there are any.

Even groups that self produce rely on variety and various shows to promote themselves... Music Shows exist for a reason :jisoosmh:
Well there is Big Bang.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I know, I wasn't being serious lol.
Organic success often times is no success tbh :umjicry:

I mean you could make a case for BTS, but it's rare for nugus to become organically successful. Maybe if Momoland were able to sustain their hype and actually build a fandom :susPepe:
Honestly, if you think about it, no success is "organic", since BTS had their company supporting them and training them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread