COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Official Cards Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't do cards, but it sounds like a very good idea.

Taehyun

☾ abbacchio simp ⛧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☆ MOA ♡
an idea to bring the card game to the next level and help the forum to gain more quality content;

how about giving people an option to gain more than just 1 card a day?
how would that create more quality content? simple

give people 2 cards a day by cracking up the requirements like for example;
if you manage to create 3 threads about 3 subjects that have never been posted before you get 2 instead of 1
and if you do the above + all of your 20 posts contain at least 50 or something words, you can earn yourself 3 cards a day

sounds difficult? not really
people CAN use the search function and on xenforo it is easy enough, not a difficult search system
and by using the search function you can easily find out if something has been asked or talked about yet

this will increase activity perhaps even more, gives people even more of a rewarding feeling, fills the forum with less duplicate threads aka making it less random messy type of vibe around here that @Drew_B and others are not super fan of and i say they make sense...
and people actually then get rewarded for real good hard effort even though it is not really that hard at all but at least people then have a reason to put more effort into their posting which a lot do not do for their tasks, including myself SOMETIMES because i was like wtf imma slack too as a lot of others do too most of the time by posting not much at all and still getting rewarded for spammy like content sometimes

and these ideas is just to add... so like people can still earn 1 card a day by doing the default
but if they wanna level up more quickly , make them work for it
and it also benefits the forums , gaining more quality content at the same time, hopefully anyways

DOES THIS IDEA SUCK OR NOT?
let me know folks
@Abeamus @Reo @Yukibana @Yili @Vikki @bulletproof @OnlyCalB @Lovely_Cornchips @Peachy_Tae @karina @uwuWinter @brekker @catqirljooe @mysteric @Mangoey @Taehyun @eclipsoul @Panda @DarlingBlue @kinnie @Caramel_Mochi917 @Tickita @Xeulgi @Ozymandias @lexus @marublade @NASA @RainbowDevil
i think the thread idea should be based on effort and the content rather than if somebody has posted something like it before, because someone could post an interesting well thought out, lots of effort put in thread even if something related has already been posted

Taehyun

☾ abbacchio simp ⛧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☆ MOA ♡
it's a good idea and would def bring out higher quality content (although i'm lazy so i'd leave it to yall)

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
i personally love the random threads because it helps me getting to know everyone here better and it's fun to read others' opinions on things and stories so i don't care about there being not enough kpop threads. i think it could be a good idea, but way too difficult for the cards team i mean imagine counting words in a thread and then having to check how many cards a person already got this day :jisoosmh: also the "topics not talked about already" thing seems to be covered at the moment because all threads which are about literally the same thing are being merged

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I don't think anyone would get 2 cards given the number of topics that have been posted about in threads. I mean to top it off the mods and admins and everyone would have to somehow keep track of all the threads that have been made and their subject matters spanning years. That seems like way too much work on their end not just ours.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
i think the thread idea should be based on effort and the content rather than if somebody has posted something like it before, because someone could post an interesting well thought out, lots of effort put in thread even if something related has already been posted
yeah but the thing is..... people right now are already doing that too
there are people putting in a lot of effort into thread and people putting in fkin low effort
and they all get the same amount of cards rewarded
this is why i came up with my idea
people getting rewarded with more for putting in more effort
now people get the same reward no matter what you do

do i make sense?

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
i personally love the random threads because it helps me getting to know everyone here better and it's fun to read others' opinions on things and stories so i don't care about there being not enough kpop threads. i think it could be a good idea, but way too difficult for the cards team i mean imagine counting words in a thread and then having to check how many cards a person already got this day :jisoosmh: also the "topics not talked about already" thing seems to be covered at the moment because all threads which are about literally the same thing are being merged
^^ All of this ^^

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
@Lovely_Cornchips @eclipsoul
i hear you
but like
there are people putting in a lot of effort into thread and people putting in fkin low effort

do i make sense?

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
an idea to bring the card game to the next level and help the forum to gain more quality content;

if you manage to create 3 threads about 3 subjects that have never been posted before you get 2 instead of 1
and if you do the above + all of your 20 posts contain at least 50 or something words, you can earn yourself 3 cards a day

people CAN use the search function and on xenforo it is easy enough, not a difficult search system
and by using the search function you can easily find out if something has been asked or talked about yet

this will increase activity perhaps even more, gives people even more of a rewarding feeling, fills the forum with less duplicate threads aka making it less random messy type of vibe around here that @Drew_B and others are not super fan of and i say they make sense...
and people actually then get rewarded for real good hard effort even though it is not really that hard at all but at least people then have a reason to put more effort into their posting which a lot do not do for their tasks, including myself SOMETIMES because i was like wtf imma slack too as a lot of others do too most of the time by posting not much at all and still getting rewarded for spammy like content sometimes

and these ideas is just to add... so like people can still earn 1 card a day by doing the default
and it also benefits the forums , gaining more quality content at the same time, hopefully anyways

let me know folks
@Abeamus @Reo @Yukibana @Yili @Vikki @bulletproof @OnlyCalB @Lovely_Cornchips @Peachy_Tae @karina @uwuWinter @brekker @catqirljooe @mysteric @Mangoey @Taehyun @eclipsoul @Panda @DarlingBlue @kinnie @Caramel_Mochi917 @Tickita @Xeulgi @Ozymandias @lexus @marublade @NASA @RainbowDevil
I think maybe 3 cards is too much to earn per day but maybe I'm too much of a hardaxx. Should only be able to get one extra card per day max because 3 a day is just a bit too much. In the end, I just would only want it to be added if it's not too much work for t he Card Team since they'd be checking your threads for originality and for word count.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck

do i make sense?
I don't think it's fair tbh. You can only come up with so many thread ideas to run into the ground and then it basically just becomes first come first serve not who is putting in more effort. Users who can't be here when 0:00 KST hits exactly would be at a HUGE disadvantage and then the threads people make have nothing to do with effort. A lot of times its an effort just to come up with 3 thread ideas. Not everyone is super creative (this isn't meant to be offensive but it's true)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
WELL WE CAN SCRAP THE WORD COUNT IDEA XD
how about just the thread idea , get an extra card if you post 3 things that never been posted before
@eclipsoul doesnt take away the fact peopel can still post random shit and get 1 card for it each day

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
It's a nice idea in theory, but it's way too difficult to keep track of imo since they will need to be manually checked by cards team members.
The cards team already seems to be drowning in card requests every day so adding all these new requirements + the possibility of an extra card every day might be a bit much. I think they need to figure out a way to somewhat automate the system before they add new requirements.

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don't think it's fair tbh. You can only come up with so many thread ideas to run into the ground and then it basically just becomes first come first serve not who is putting in more effort. Users who can't be here when 0:00 KST hits exactly would be at a HUGE disadvantage and then the threads people make have nothing to do with effort. A lot of times its an effort just to come up with 3 thread ideas. Not everyone is super creative (this isn't meant to be offensive but it's true)
I didn't even think about the disadvantage of the timing yeah. It would not be advantageous for those who are busy when the new card is available at midnight, they might have job or school and so they have to wait later for their card

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I didn't even think about the disadvantage of the timing yeah. It would not be advantageous for those who are busy when the new card is available at midnight, they might have job or school and so they have to wait later for their card
And it's the same for time zones as well making it so some people can't be on at that time.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
again
i do understand where you coming from BUT
there truly is an endless possiblity of what people can talk about
kpop or non kpop related
so i don't think its THAT unfair as you think it is
i mean for example

if i post; blackpink, why are they called blackpink
and another afterwards posts; shinee, why are they called shinee

its the same yet it is not the same
the shinee thing has never been posted before for example
so like
you can go on and on with that
no need to fear people run out of shit to post honestly

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
@eclipsoul doesnt take away the fact peopel can still post random shit and get 1 card for it each day
given that it is already difficult for some people (including me ngl) to come up with threads, with more rules regarding the creativity of the topics we will still end up with random sh*t sooner or later :wimwim:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck

let me know folks

EDIT
staff can easily check the words requirements with a website , all you have to do is copy paste
but if that is too much work which i can understand , then make it instead of 50 words just ''20 posts that contain at least 7 full sentences'' or something i dont know lol
I think that'd be too demanding as the cards team would not only have to check the posts are right but also the threads themselves and as for Drews earlier thread well there isn't really something to be done about the Kpop section since it's always been a problem that the Kpop section here can be not that engaging at times as most of the content ends up being news or appreciation threads while we'd need threads that invoke actual discussion which Kpop related ones don't come naturally to most people so they end up doing those in the lounge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread