I already talked about this on a different forum so I'll copy and paste it here
I, in no way hate Mark or anything like that, I barely even care that much to dislike him. With that being said, I don't see the point of having that emotional goodbye and having such a sad moment that only helped NCT DREAM grow as a team, just to add him back? I don't get it. The members went through a lot and got much closer as 6 members they were figuring out their musical style and doing very well at it. Some of their music after him was their best (besides Hello Future, soty!) Their styles and voices have matured as well so they no longer go together as much as they used to when they were younger. Also, it's concerning for Mark's health. He had one less job to do but now it has even MORE to do (with the addition of SuperM). SM really didn't have to do that. I understand if he wanted to go back or something like that but I highly doubt Mark is in SM's office begging to have an even more packed schedule than he already does. SM's reliance on Mark has not been of benefit to anyone especially not Mark. Also, Sungchan or Shotaro would have been just fine for NCT DREAM. If they NEEDED 7 members one of them could have debuted in NCT DREAM. It would also add a newer more interesting dynamic for DREAM as a group and their musical style.
I will strongly disagree with this because the whole reason Mark graduated was because of the graduation concept in which case the entire 2000 line should've graduated in 2019, even before they made them fixed. But they didn't. It wasn't just Mark graduating, ALL of them were supposed to graduate the year they turned 19 in international age. Just Mark graduating if they didn't scrap the graduation concept would've been really unfair. And Shotaro and Sungchan both debuted when they were already 19 international age so would've been "too old" if adding younger members and keeping Dream's original concept was happening. Adding Yangyang would've been fine tho.
They also referenced Mark and the 7 members throughout the Ridin' era track vids, and gained much more popularity when Mark was added back, with both views and sales
NCT Dream already only comes back once a year (now twice only with album and then repack), took 5 years to get their first full album, only had single albums for their debut and first comeback, so they're not even active. Mark is being more overworked in 127, and Haechan is in both Dream and 127 too, so in the same situation (so only getting rid of Mark wouldn't make sense) and SuperM aren't even active
127 and Dream coming back with Limitless and MFAL at the same time was overworking them, but again Haechan was in the same situation, so why only Mark?
Not adding Mark to SuperM would've made more sense as he's in the same situation as Haechan otherwise, who isn't being removed from Dream
I would rather have Mark in Dream than 127 bc they honestly need his rap skills more (their rapline without Mark is much weaker than 127's without Mark very honestly) and NCT Dream are closer and funnier as a group imo. They're also the most popular subunit in Korea, when NCT is a kpop group and won a daesaeng even before the full group NCT did, and have the best music in my biased opinion
But Mark has been my ult for as long as I have one, and I like all 7 members to ult level, more than my biases of most other groups, and they're my fave group member wise
