Disbanded K-Pop Groups That Make Me S(M)AD Part 2 (1 Viewer)

Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
1,233
Reactions Received
3,641
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Part 1

This a list of groups who have disband but they disbanded in an unsavory way to me.

5. History (2013 - 2017)


Loen didn't promote this group and decided that ui popularity would just transfer over to them. But they had bops and interesting choreography.
Yet no promotions and just was like oh Kyungil is enlisting we are just gonna disband them. :kijoongstare:

4. Boyfriend (2011 -2019)


Boyfriend is the definition of the forgotten middle child. Boyfriend was rarely mentioned as a part of Starship.
They were the first boy group that Starship had and they didn't promote them well. Sistar was always their first priority.
Then when Monsta X debuted it seems like starship was like Monsta X is already doing well lets send boyfriend to Japan for 2 years.
Let's not even talk about how hard it is for boyfriend to gain fans. its hard look up. Basically Starship fucked up. :kijoongstare:

3. Tahiti (2012 - 2018)


You ever gotten into a kpop group too late. That was me with Tahiti. I mean remember hasta luego but i didn't release it was them until their last comeback. I regret not stan them they had such good songs and vocals but i don't even know people who knew them.
Their company really wasn't promoting them well enough because they really could have been something. :bigcatcry:

2. Speed (2013 - 2015/2016?)


Another group who was known for their choreography but had no recognition until after they disbanded/disappeared. They never official disbanded either. They just don't exist anymore.
You think since one of the member Taewoon was Zico's brother they would be a big threat.
They really could have been but mbk never promoted them like they should. Everything that speed released in 2014 was all done by the members writing, composing, producing, choreography. Then we get 1 song in 2015 and they disappeared and wondering what happen. I mean Sejun was on The Unit but also had no screen time.
Most of the members have moved on but like seriously nothing. Save DIA and Hangyul, Dohyon, and Kijoong. :kijoongstare:

1. f(x) (2009 - 2016/2019?)


f(x) could have been sm most profitable group if they actually put the work in. But f(x) got the bare minimum. I mean its not like f(x) had sm best female vocal, and best dancers, great variety stars. I know f(x) was really only meant for Sulli. But like even for Sulli they could have tried harder for her too. Like any group fans under sm got treated way better than f(x). We never got multiple versions of music videos or dance practices video.
Honestly the best thing for f(x) was to leave sm. But seriously I could go on who badly f(x) was handle under sm. :chickill:

I have more but these are the ones I would like to highlight

Are you surprised by my list?
Do you agree with some of my points?
should I do a part 3?


​
 
Last edited:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
History would have probably been really, really popular among boy groups if they wouldn’t have disbanded.
:bigcatcry:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,656
Reactions Received
93,465
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,972
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Fx is such an outlier in sm's handling. Maybe sm was trying to test how much they had to do music to keep a group popular.
I always thought it was more Krystal driven than Suili.

fx
Tara---- lets not start.
Secret - just wow
Pristin -
After school / Orange caramel.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
some of those make me mad and sad too
 
Joined
12 June 2019
Messages
193
Reactions Received
460
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
14
Part 1

This a list of groups who have disband but they disbanded in an unsavory way to me.

5. History (2013 - 2017)


Loen didn't promote this group and decided that ui popularity would just transfer over to them. But they had bops and interesting choreography.
Yet no promotions and just was like oh Kyungil is enlisting we are just gonna disband them. :kijoongstare:

4. Boyfriend (2011 -2019)


Boyfriend is the definition of the forgotten middle child. Boyfriend was rarely mentioned as a part of Starship.
They were the first boy group that Starship had and they didn't promote them well. Sistar was always their first priority.
Then when Monsta X debuted it seems like starship was like Monsta X is already doing well lets send boyfriend to Japan for 2 years.
Let's not even talk about how hard it is for boyfriend to gain fans. its hard look up. Basically Starship fucked up. :kijoongstare:

3. Tahiti (2012 - 2018)


You ever gotten into a kpop group too late. That was me with Tahiti. I mean remember hasta luego but i didn't release it was them until their last comeback. I regret not stan them they had such good songs and vocals but i don't even know people who knew them.
Their company really wasn't promoting them well enough because they really could have been something. :bigcatcry:

2. Speed (2013 - 2015/2016?)


Another group who was known for their choreography but had no recognition until after they disbanded/disappeared. They never official disbanded either. They just don't exist anymore.
You think since one of the member Taewoon was Zico's brother they would be a big threat.
They really could have been but mbk never promoted them like they should. Everything that speed released in 2014 was all done by the members writing, composing, producing, choreography. Then we get 1 song in 2015 and they disappeared and wondering what happen. I mean Sejun was on The Unit but also had no screen time.
Most of the members have moved on but like seriously nothing. Save DIA and Hangyul, Dohyon, and Kijoong. :kijoongstare:

1. f(x) (2009 - 2016/2019?)


f(x) could have been sm most profitable group if they actually put the work in. But f(x) got the bare minimum. I mean its not like f(x) had sm best female vocal, and best dancers, great variety stars. I know f(x) was really only meant for Sulli. But like even for Sulli they could have tried harder for her too. Like any group fans under sm got treated way better than f(x). We never got multiple versions of music videos or dance practices video.
Honestly the best thing for f(x) was to leave sm. But seriously I could go on who badly f(x) was handle under sm. :chickill:

I have more but these are the ones I would like to highlight

Are you surprised by my list?
Do you agree with some of my points?
should I do a part 3?


​
YESSS this entire list
I've been with SPEED since they were part of Co-Ed School.

I remember when f(x) was like winning an award or awards in Japan. Should've done more with the group. I wanted to see a more feminine image of Amber because she had expressed wanting to show that sort of side of herself. I also wanted to see more of Amber singing IN f(x).

Fx is such an outlier in sm's handling. Maybe sm was trying to test how much they had to do music to keep a group popular.
I always thought it was more Krystal driven than Suili.

fx
Tara---- lets not start.
Secret - just wow
Pristin -
After school / Orange caramel.
Is T(he) S(ueing) Entertaiment company done with putting Secret through legal battles?

Whew T-ara......

Pristin....when I just started liking them too.

After School/Orange Caramel

=========================================

Now my list:

Swi.T - YG's first girl group

2NE1 - YG's most iconic girl group imo

Miss A - JYP's girl group. I don't like how it ended as like a Suzy and friends kind of thing.

C-Clown - I don't remember why this group disbanded but man : /

CAMILA - is a recent disbandment. I think its cause the group was independent and the leader was pretty much a one woman staff team.

Scarlet - They only had 2 songs before they disbanded. "Do better" and "Hip Song" and it bothers me how much airtime "Hip song" got after they disbanded. "Hip Song" was a remake of an old Korean song but I kept hearing the song being played in Korean tv shows for some reason after their disbandment.

 
Last edited:
Joined
12 June 2019
Messages
193
Reactions Received
460
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
14
[EDITED: Sorry my laptop battery needs to be replaced badly. It's been 3 years with the "battery is weak needs replacement" notification and every time I get enough money to replace it, it ends up having to get spent somewhere. ]
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Janus was the first group song I ever heard :pandasad:
I liked it but I thought Kpop was weird so I never looked into them more. For years, I thought their name was Janus, not Boyfriend lol.

I went back and listened to their whole discography after they disbanded and I regret not stanning

Miss A
Wonder Girls
2ne1
T-ara
SeeYa/The SeeYa
Pristin

It's amazing how difficult it is for these companies to manage successful girl groups or how none of the Big 3 could successful manage multiple active ggs at the same time when they could with bgs
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm sad about SPEED they were such good dance group, lot of creative choreos. Wasn't rly fan though, i mostly found about them when they had already disbanded :yolk:



I actually have heard of Tahiti before, they were in radio show with some other more nugu groups and I used to be fan of one of those nugus can't remember so watched it. But i didn't know they had that long of career, I didn't hear about them after that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and potato

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
You like to rub salt in the wound isn't it ? :pepecry1::pepecry1::pepecry1:

MBLAQ I miss them ! I discover kpop through them...

Their most known song is this is war



And BAP... :pepecry1::pepecry1::pepecry1::pepecry1:



You can have talent, good songs and disband or not have enough success...
Life is sad huh ? :bigcatcry:
:umjicry: :umjicry: :umjicry: MBLAQ my boys ...

who was is bias?
 
  • Love
Reactions: whatever
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
624
Reactions Received
851
Location
In La La Land
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
161
Gender
Other
:umjicry: :umjicry: :umjicry: MBLAQ my boys ...

who was is bias?
A fellow A+ :bigcatcry::bigcatcry::bigcatcry:
I didn't really have a bias. I appreciate everyone :
Melodramatic Lee Joon
Shy Thunder talking about his sister
Mature and new Beethoven-like Seungho
Crazy Mir (everytime I saw his name I thought about
42862
: it's a dishwashing liquid in my country lol)
G.O. and his RnB Voice
 
  • Love
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
A fellow A+ :bigcatcry::bigcatcry::bigcatcry:
I didn't really have a bias. I appreciate everyone :
Melodramatic Lee Joon
Shy Thunder talking about his sister
Mature and new Beethoven-like Seungho
Crazy Mir (everytime I saw his name I thought about
42862
: it's a dishwashing liquid in my country lol)
G.O. and his RnB Voice
:sanapray: yes a fellow a+. it‘s so rare to find some these days.
 
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
624
Reactions Received
851
Location
In La La Land
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
161
Gender
Other
:sanapray: yes a fellow a+. it‘s so rare to find some these days.
We're an endangered species :bigcatcry: :bigcatcry: :bigcatcry:

So who was your bias in MBLAQ and how did you discover them ?

I discover them through one of Rain's drama (Fugitive Plan B) : I thought the ost was good and I search the artists singing it...and I discover as the same time Kpop lol
Here !!!!





There was also another artist called ORAN-G (really great) singing that ost but sadly never heard of them after :pepecry2:
Here !!!

 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
624
Reactions Received
851
Location
In La La Land
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
161
Gender
Other
There's also MATILDA who's disbanded. Didn't know them and don't follow them that much but I remember Haena when she was in King of Masked singer....She has a really amazing voice ( gives me goosebumps when I heard her)...I hope she won't quit and will somehow make it through in the music industry...





 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
We're an endangered species :bigcatcry: :bigcatcry: :bigcatcry:

So who was your bias in MBLAQ and how did you discover them ?

I discover them through one of Rain's drama (Fugitive Plan B) : I thought the ost was good and I search the artists singing it...and I discover as the same time Kpop lol
Here !!!!





There was also another artist called ORAN-G (really great) singing that ost but sadly never heard of them after :pepecry2:
Here !!!

My bias always has been Thunder :sanapray: Though Joon was my „first idol love“ and I still always cry when the bullet hits him in This is war lol

I found them randomly when I got into kpop at the same time with Beast. They still are one of my favorites
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread