COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do you believe in past lives? (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yeah, I feel like that has a lot to do with religion, since it's haram to think otherwise.
Maybe. But even if I wasn't religious, I would think of it from the science perspective so I still wouldn't believe it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Honestly I think there’s no way to really know. I prefer not to think about it. My mindset is that we should live our lives as if they were our one shot and see what happens next.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I wouldn't say its haram, just kufar (Or is it Kufr ? O.o)
Haram (unlawfulness) and Kufr (disbelief) are different things !!
Eh, yeah. Though, going against what God tells you is unlawful.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
That's just shirk and kufar, it's wrong but not unlawful, because it's not said anywhere in the Sharia book that disbelieving is unlawful...
Hmm, wouldn't disbelieving be considered shirk as well, since you are "doubting" God?

By the way, are you Muslim?

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
And shirk is haram.
It's quite literally the only unforgivable sin.
But it's only can only be attributed to a Muslim, so a Muslim committing shirk is haram, but for non Muslims it's not! It's simply a sin for them, they dont go by the Shariah so nothing they do personally is Haram for them, the Shariah is a book of law Muslims should follow, we shouldn't force it on non Muslims..
In the Sharia, only a Muslim is legally responsible for committing Shirk..

When a Non muslim commits shirk they are, sinning.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
But it's only can only be attributed to a Muslim, so a Muslim committing shirk is haram, but for non Muslims it's not! It's simply a sin for them, they dont go by the Shariah so nothing they do personally is Haram for them, the Shariah is a book of law Muslims should follow, we shouldn't force it on non Muslims..
In the Sharia, only a Muslim is legally responsible for committing Shirk..

When a Non muslim commits shirk they are, sinning.
Yeah, I'm aware that they're sinning. But the reason that I made my original statement was that religious aspects can contribute to whether or not people believe in past lives, and as Chlorine and I are both Muslim, it applies to both of us, which is why I made the statement.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah, I'm aware that they're sinning. But the reason that I made my original statement was that religious aspects can contribute to whether or not people believe in past lives, and as Chlorine and I are both Muslim, it applies to both of us, which is why I made the statement.
If that's the case I'm sorry for butting in, I thought you spoke generally

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
If that's the case I'm sorry for butting in, I thought you spoke generally
Nah, I was speaking specifically to her. It's fine though~

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I don't believe in reincarnation or past lives, and I also don't believe in any afterlife. I think our entire existence consists only of our one life here on Earth.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Nah I've thought too much about this over the years and nope.

The reality is- life is scary. Just the sense of being alive, existing, knowing who you are and experiencing each day, all of that goes away after death. We are reduced to nothing, and the world goes on. And that thought is scary af. Being NOTHING. Like damn :nekosweat:

There is so much we still don't or can't know now, think of how much more we didn't know in ancient times. And so, to convince themselves, give themselves hope, humans started coming up with ideas or concepts to appease the masses. Like life has a purpose or destiny. When it's all random. Or a life well lived leads us to heaven and sinning to hell, coz if everyone did whatever they wanted without consequences, there would be anarchy. And religion is a powerful tool to keep people in check, more than law.

Once I'm dead, I'm dead. Life leaves my body and I'm just matter that gets decomposed.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
If anyone believes it I am interested to see how they understand it and think about it, but to me i do not get it
My family believe in past lives. Do I? probably not. An interesting plot device for fiction, nonetheless.

But to your question. In the western sense, my family believes something along the lines that People are reborn because they need to learn various lessons. Their idea of Rebirth/Reincarnation is particularly devoid of Hinduism or Buddism or any Dharmic spiritual idea in that they don't believe that Karma determines how one is reborn. Although, they do believe that Karma exists, but rather that people experience the noxious effects of Karma within this lifetime, not the next. The idea of Reincarnation is nice for some people, because it gives one a chance to redeem themself, whereas in other religious systems if one is a POS (Piece of Sh*t) in this lifetime, their soul isn't necessarily condemned to eternal punishment, but has countless chances to be better in other lifetimes and eventually become perfected and merge with the all if their belief goes that far. As an aside, it should be noted that my family trends towards syncretism (attempts at blending religious traditions) so its really not a big deal for them to believe in Jesus and reincarnation and a myriad of other things...

Edit: Since everyone is talking about afterlife in conjunction with past lives, I may as well give my thoughts. It has never been conceivable for to believe that when you die thats it; I have always had a belief in some form of afterlife, but not a traditional belief. Many believe in an afterlife that mirrors the current one we are living, but without the current problems and distortions of life.

There is a scene in BTVS (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) after Buffy is brought back where she describes heaven: "Nothing had form, but I was still me. I knew that everyone I loved was okay. I was warm and I was loved. I was finished." This seems like something similar to my perception of an afterlife. Perhaps, my idea of paradise would mirror an Eastern Orthodox in that Heaven/Hell are states of being where those who love/loved God feel safe and secure and happy at the presence of the divine, whereas those who don't feel uncomfortable or depressed at the love of the divine. Dostoevsky said: What is Hell? I maintain that hell is the inability to love." Take all these random bits I have provided and jumble them into a jigsaw puzzle and you'll get my idea of an afterlife. I'll leave the OP and others to determine what that might be.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Not really, because my religion says so, although to me the concept of heaven and hell is as surreal as reincarnation.

But I lowkey prefer another lifes, I don't think even the most miserable life is worse than hell.

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well I want to believe in that we all get reincarnated cause I don't want to think that once we die it's over. So yes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread