Do you get along with extended family? (2 Viewers)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
They live so far away, last time I saw them was 18 years ago - awkward silence, zero interest on any part. I do have 4 cousins, I know their names but I don´t even know their ages. I know three of them are parents. I know one of my cousins has a daughter who is 6 and I always buy her expensive clothes just because. My father usually goes and visits his nephew, but we have spoken like two sentences in our whole lives. He has never even said thank you. My other cousin has two children and another one one son I believe.

My grandparents are mostly dead apart from my 89 years old grandfather - proud, strict man of few words. I feared him as a child and I don´t think he wanted it to be different.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to actually have a big, lovely family, but nagh, why worrying. I just hope they live their lives well and think about them like once a year :). Hope they get hiccups.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and Ahsoka
Joined
28 May 2021
Messages
1,060
Reactions Received
1,081
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they/them
some of them but we dont interact as often anymore
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Ahsoka

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,132
Reactions Received
46,804
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,886
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yes, very well. My aunt and uncle (two separate people, not a couple) on my mom's side always like to know what's up in my world (so do the ones on Dad's side), and my dad's side is always open for visiting, especially his brother and sister-in-law. (we don't visit my mom's side hardly ever bc a) my uncle lives in a small apartment, and b) my aunt is 72 and not doing so hot)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Ahsoka
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I don't talk to my paternal extended family for reasons that shouldn't be brought up. The only maternal extended family that I have any meaningful interactions with are my nephew, niece, and great niece. It should be noted that the age range of my niece and nephew to me is very close, so its more of a sibling relationship: my niece is a year old and my nephew is six years younger... My great niece is like almost seven and as most children that age, she is totally annoying. So, it amuses me to piss her off. :lisalaugh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Ahsoka
Joined
28 May 2021
Messages
107
Reactions Received
92
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yep. My mom has 7 brothers and also 4 of them are very close to my age with one being my age and we were raised like siblings. And I also get along with all my cousins. I also am also super close with my stepdad side of the family. I basically grew up with them, so despite us not being blood-related they are like my blood family. I don't get to see my grandparent often cuz they all lived in different countries.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Ahsoka
Joined
31 July 2019
Messages
276
Reactions Received
449
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
436
Fandom
SONNY CHUUS
Gender
Female
My dad's side I was treated badly.

The oldest would take me outside away from my parents. And start hitting me I was a little kid...

Some of the cousin's they we're nice to me. So I was once close to them. But then we stopped going to Sydney.

Mum's side is alright. I talk to them. But I don't really feel close with them. Though I grew up with them. I don't feel like I'm really here.

But when I'm with strangers I start opening myself up.

I wish I auditioned and took my turn. So I didn't have to converse with both side's of extended. I wish I didn't stop myself from auditioning so I can be friends and open up to someone. Who will help me and I with them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
with some of them yeah, with others... not so much
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread