- Joined
- 5 November 2018
- Messages
- 23,134
- Reactions Received
- 38,822
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 19,488
- Fandom
- Answer is Queen
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- She/Her
- Ship
^ As the title says
I personally prefer series for a few reasons:
1. A standalone can at times end really abruptly or squish too much together in one single book.
2. With series you in a way grow more connected to the characters and become more invested in them and the story.
3. Romance, most standalone’s that have romance I’m always meh with it because it all happens in such a short amount of time and I don’t really like it.
I think some standalone’s can have great pacing, characters and romance in it but over the years I’ve just noticed that I definitely prefer series (although now that I’m thinking about it most of my favorite books are standalone’s…)
I personally prefer series for a few reasons:
1. A standalone can at times end really abruptly or squish too much together in one single book.
2. With series you in a way grow more connected to the characters and become more invested in them and the story.
3. Romance, most standalone’s that have romance I’m always meh with it because it all happens in such a short amount of time and I don’t really like it.
I think some standalone’s can have great pacing, characters and romance in it but over the years I’ve just noticed that I definitely prefer series (although now that I’m thinking about it most of my favorite books are standalone’s…)