COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do you prefer old kpop or the latest releases? (1 Viewer)

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Old

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I miss music from 3rd gen groups, so older

silverrising

🌞 6SIXZER0SIX6 🌚
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
cassiexo-elf
Pronouns
she/her
older, both because of nostalgia and because i just like the sound of older songs better in general. i especially have a soft spot for the overly autotuned songs from the early 2010s and the punk/rock influences kpop had in the late 90's... they just hit different :junweary:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Taeganger~
Pronouns
Her / She / Bunny
older, both because of nostalgia and because i just like the sound of older songs better in general. i especially have a soft spot for the overly autotuned songs from the early 2010s and the punk/rock influences kpop had in the late 90's... they just hit different :junweary:
:taemsip: I'm totally with you on that

Reactions Received
Website
www.wattpad.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𝑨𝑹𝑴𝒀
Pronouns
✰ 𝑯𝒆/𝑯𝒊𝒎 ✰
Fr I think Kpop had lost its meaning and now everything is just now boring and not as exciting as it used to be

The newer releases are not as exciting but I do still enjoy them. Also most people miss the golden era aka 2018-2019

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Taeganger~
Pronouns
Her / She / Bunny
Fr I think Kpop had lost its meaning and now everything is just now boring and not as exciting as it used to be

The newer releases are not as exciting but I do still enjoy them. Also most people miss the golden era aka 2018-2019
It seems to be the same similar stuff now, though if you look hard enough like i did i found so many solo releases from korean artists that were SO GOOD. Like proper old kpop sound and I love it - you've just gotta look for it now which is a lil infuriating but makes it more worth it

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yeah but i guess it also depends on when you got into kpop?

idk i prefer older ones because thats what i began with if that makes any sense? And don't get me wrong i LOVE some of the newer stuff, and releases from 2015 to 2020, but the old songs just- idk what it is i just prefer them... but yes some of the 'classics' are a bit questionable haha
Yes, nostalgia can play a role for sure

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💜
Pronouns
she/her
Older music bc newer music too noisy sometimes

centen

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Neverland
Pronouns
she/her
It varies! Some of the second gen songs have aged really well to me, and I still really like them, like BESTie's Love Options. But some of the excessive processing that was common on a lot of that gen's songs don't sound as nice to me now, and the songs just sound like a relic of their time.

And I've really enjoyed some releases this year, and some of them I feel are plagued by the trend to make things catchy for a TikTok dance challenge without regard to the rest of the song, and those are less my style. :fingerpoke:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
i prefer the old kpop (like the golden era with 2nd gen idols) but i also like songs from the newer generations

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
taeyeon♡
Ship
Wreck
old kpop I don't think I'm as big of a kpop fan as I was in hs, I think I naturally grew out of it
but some songs and artists I still really like and get excited for:pepeheart:

litc

Breathing Because You Are
Reactions Received
Listening to Hakmin's angelic voice in Paradise
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck
I feel like the latest stuff has kinda lost the kpop spark, if that makes sense?
Old kpop just hits me with nostalgia. But maybe i just prefer old cause im a dinosaur and i got into it ten years ago lol
I like a lot of the 2021-2023 4th gen bgs more than the older 4th gen bgs if that means anything

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Its mostly the same i still like my legacy acts.
Still do not like anything yg related. (caveat akmu since they dont drink the teddy kool aid.
there are a hand full of songs from random groups i like each year.

I am MUch Much Much less likely to stan a new group now if that means anything.

Since teh majority of the popular song are picked be teens or sub teens it is much harder for me to connect with much of it just like rap.

western music is worse at least kpop will pull in from more styles of music .

the point is there is good music but sifting thru the kpop world is much easier than the rest of it.

Find my fun happy music and try not to rip the head off the folks pushing the C horse girl label.

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
Abit of both

new ones I can get keen about
but oldies have that charm

LowkeyLoki

✨SPARKLE✨
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Once
Pronouns
she/her
Depends on the song, really. There are times when I miss old KPOP but I like the direction some of these artists are going with their songs for the most part. Gone are the days of very cute music which I'm sad about but more groups are maturing so it's okay

:thumbsupcat:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread