Do you think Rock is dead? (1 Viewer)

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Tbh, it is imo.

At least as a mainstream thing.

What was the latest rock band that was very famous worldwide, that didnt consist of old geezers with messy long hair?

Even if you say like, idk, Linkin Park, it was quite some years ago.

And even then, if you ask some critic like @la_mort_pour_vous they'll say it's not rock but something like soft melodic emo core mainstream music for the masses or something, and not "real" rock music.

 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The age of real rock is pretty much extinct main stream. I notice things labeled rock that isn't remotely rock.

Both Korn and Tool made 2019 releases. From what I hear Tool is doing really well... Even Ramstein had a release(sp)

But what do we see from the younger generation that even comes close.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and jasque

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,509
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Rock is something my dad tried to get me into as a youth.
I didn't bite, but I also didn't mind some rock bands.
If you mean by the 'generation gap' is dying for the younger people getting exposed to it.

I would say yes it is dead.

My friend listens to the old head bands of years ago.
But he is like the only one I know that does where I live.

Everyone at least in my part of the world, listens to euro dance music or rap or metal.

which reminds me. Rock will always be alive in heavy metal music to some extent.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread