Favourite girl group debut of 2019? [so far] (1 Viewer)

Favourite GG debut of 2019?


  • Total voters
    24

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Out of all the girl groups that have debuted so far in 2019 which group has impressed you the most so far?

Cherry Bullet:






ITZY:





Everglow:





Bvndit:





BIGGEST SURPRISE!!!
I am just going to mention my favourite debut right off of the bat. EVERGLOW have been my favourite debut of the year (and Bon Bon Chocolat is one of my favourite songs of 2019 right now) from all of the girl groups that have so far debuted. Unlike ITZY and Bvndit who I was anticipating, I knew nothing about Everglow before their debut. I only checked out BBC out of curiosity and I was instantly hooked onto the song and MV from the very first listen! At first I thought "oh god a fast paced annoying song". But once that bass dropped. Damn..... It was a one way ticket to loving these girls from that point on. From there I checked out the rest of the mini and the other 2 songs on the album were also very good b sides and songs that you won't be bored listening to. Because even though there's only 3 songs, all 3 songs are quite diverse from one another. Especially the difference between BBC and D+1.
Plus they have Aisha who's height is something ridiculous like 5'10"!!

If it wasn't for Everglow then ITZY would've been my favourite debut of the year so far. I was anticipating them as they were the next girl group of JYP and initially I was heavily disappointment after my first listen of Dalla Dalla. However after a few more listens the song started to draw me in more and before I knew it I was hooked onto DD.

As for my biggest disappointment though. That has to go to Bvndit. After their debut was announced my anticipating for them was huge as they were coming from the same agency as Chungha who is one of my favourite soloists. So I was excited to see what the company could do with a girl group. And it started promising as I loved the teaser images. But then the debut song dropped and it left me with a lot of bitter disappointment. Because it wasn't terrible, nor was it amazing. It was just average imo and nothing more than that. And that left me regretting putting too much anticipating into their debut. Which tbh was most likely unfair of me....


 

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
πŸŒΌπ”£π”©π”¬π”³π”’π”― π”€π”žπ”―π”‘π”’π”«
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Nananana
λ‚˜ λ‚˜ λ‚˜ λ‚˜λ‚˜ λ‚˜ λ‚˜ λ‚˜ λ‚˜λ‚˜ λ‚˜λ‚˜λ‚˜ λ‚˜λ‚˜λ‚˜
Bon bon chocolat
λ‚˜ λ‚˜ λ‚˜ λ‚˜λ‚˜ λ‚˜ λ‚˜ λ‚˜ λ‚˜λ‚˜ λ‚˜λ‚˜λ‚˜ λ‚˜λ‚˜λ‚˜
Nananana
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Debut song
Itzy>>Everglow<<<Cherry Bullet<<<<BVNDIT
As a group
Cherry Bullet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Itzy=Everglow
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
My favorite was either BVNDIT or Everglow. Tbh after listening to Hocus Pocus a couple of times, I do think the song is a little average. But I think BVNDIT have a lot of potential, and I really like their vibe. And the b-side My Error is really good. Bon Bon Chocolat was also a really good song and I also like the other two songs on the EP. Both of these groups kinda hit me out of nowhere and where a complete surprise for me so I'm really anticipating what they bring out in the future. I haven't really decided which I like more yet.
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Everglow. I really like Bon Bon Chocolat.
 

perhapz

ab imo pectore
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
6,070
Reactions Received
31,387
Location
🏰 & πŸ€
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I love three of the four already. I'd list them like this: Everglow > ITZY > BVNDIT > Cherry Bullet.

EVERGLOW has to be the one that surprised me. I even didn't like Bon Bon Chocolat that much at first, but it grew so much in me and now it's one of my favorite 2019 songs (Moon is still the best EVERGLOW song btw).

ITZY got me from the first listen but I kinda grew a little bored of Dalla Dalla (I just think I listened to it too much, it's still a great song). The b-side is also good.

About BVNDIT, I wasn't expecting much at all from them, but Hocus Pocus really got me, I really really love it. The b-side is ok tho.

Now Cherry Bullet is my biggest letdown I think. I didn't have much expectations for them, and their songs didn't impress me that much tbh, it seems more music from the same kind of concept, idk. For example, DreamNote has a similar colorful/happy style and I like their comeback (Hakuna Matata/Dream:us) way more than I like Cherry Bullet's debut (Q&A).
 
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
151
Reactions Received
409
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Nothing interesting
Too much auto tune
Too much auto tune
Wtf

No one made the cut for me yet this year
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,700
Reactions Received
93,505
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,153
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Cherry bullet only, i did not like the others.
Itzys - fans almost pushed me to term em but i am just interested enough to see what they bring next.
Everglow - i do not like the pd48 2 (shoot even Yena might not be) enough to put up with the song.
Bvdvit - was doa for not including Haeun.

I clearly am not a fan of the music type they are selling. because i did not make it thru anyone but cherry bullet's song before i had had more than enough.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
best Cherrybullet

worst Everglow, their song is not listenable it's like the worst noise mashup.... wtf was that song to measure my tolerance level ??? :taeminface:
 

Ahsoka

⚑️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,392
Reactions Received
151,404
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Of those options Itzy has been my favorite, but my personal favorites are Hot Place with TMI and ZGirls with What You Waiting For.
 

Ahsoka

⚑️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,392
Reactions Received
151,404
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Of those options Itzy has been my favorite, but my personal favorites are Hot Place with TMI and ZGirls with What You Waiting For.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread