COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Gfriend post letters on Weverse (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Korean

Japanese

Korean

Japanese

Korean

Japanese

Korean

Japanese

Korean

Japanese

Korean

Japanese

@Buddy

Last edited:

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
looks like it's really over then. mago was by far my favourite title track from them, never imagined it could be their last but i wish the members all the best in the future. i'll miss playing superstar gfriend too omg :yolk:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yep it's over :sadcat:

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Am I reading too much into Sowon's message?

"We're going to end our official GFRIEND, but we're not done. As always, it's hard for me to tell you everything."

That sentence makes me have hope that perhaps they wish to continue together but right now they can't release information.
:sanapray:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Am I reading too much into Sowon's message?

"We're going to end our official GFRIEND, but we're not done. As always, it's hard for me to tell you everything."

That sentence makes me have hope that perhaps they wish to continue together but right now they can't release information.
:sanapray:
It does seem like they could have something up their sleeve but at the same time I remember T-ara dropping hints at getting back together after they left MBK and then one day they stopped and started sounding like they were done which with Hybes position as a company and how corrupt Kpop can be it's probably best to not look into it unless they are actually able to pull something off.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Yeah, i think ill hv to hope tat Kim Sojung, Jung Yerin, Jung Eunbi, Choi Yuna, Hwang Eunbi and Kim Yewon can hv a second start after May 22nd. Maybe they'll all use their own names after this or new stage names. Wondering if Yerin can keep using her own name after this, Hmmm? :dubuthink: or if she'll use a stage name instead. I foresee confusion for Eunbi, Yuna and Yewon if they dont come up with new stage names tho. 2x Eunbi has a lot of same name idols/stars i think, as do Yuna n Yewon.:umwhat::umjicry:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifan
Yeah, i think ill hv to hope tat Kim Sojung, Jung Yerin, Jung Eunbi, Choi Yuna, Hwang Eunbi and Kim Yewon can hv a second start after May 22nd. Maybe they'll all use their own names after this or new stage names. Wondering if Yerin can keep using her own name after this, Hmmm? :dubuthink: or if she'll use a stage name instead. I foresee confusion for Eunbi, Yuna and Yewon if they dont come up with new stage names tho. 2x Eunbi has a lot of same name idols/stars i think, as do Yuna n Yewon.:umwhat::umjicry:
Idk, based off on their letters, It doesn't seem like that would happen. I think overall they will be ok

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Gfriend may be over but it's not the end of us :reallysadcat:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
You can't trademark someones name but they might be able to trademark Yerin on its own so she'd have to either use her whole name as her stage name or come up with something else entirely if they went down they route.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
You can't trademark someones name but they might be able to trademark Yerin on its own so she'd have to either use her whole name as her stage name or come up with something else entirely if they went down they route.
Tats wat i was thinking of as i read that Ha:tfelt was Yeeun in Wonder Girls, but maybe to avoid confusion with Yeeun in CLC? Like Yeeun doesnt violate any copyrights JYP holds for Yeeun, rite?

So maybe Yerin might just use a stage name to enforce her rights or sth for her post SouMu work/releases if any. Wonder if her nickname in Niyam Niyam, Yenni/Yennie is also trademarked by SouMu/herself? Jessica Jung used her own name, but like you said she added Jung which wasnt used by her in SNSD, same for Tiffany Young, but Seohyun n Sooyoung used substantially same names except Sooyoung used Choi Sooyoung, whereas Seohyun pointedly DID NOT use Seo Joohyun, so im loast at this point.

Tldr: i rambled on n got lost, losing the point i was tryin to make, srry.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Tats wat i was thinking of as i read that Ha:tfelt was Yeeun in Wonder Girls, but maybe to avoid confusion with Yeeun in CLC? Like Yeeun doesnt violate any copyrights JYP holds for Yeeun, rite?

So maybe Yerin might just use a stage name to enforce her rights or sth for her post SouMu work/releases if any. Wonder if her nickname in Niyam Niyam, Yenni/Yennie is also trademarked by SouMu/herself? Jessica Jung used her own name, but like you said she added Jung which wasnt used by her in SNSD, same for Tiffany Young, but Seohyun n Sooyoung used substantially same names except Sooyoung used Choi Sooyoung, whereas Seohyun pointedly DID NOT use Seo Joohyun, so im loast at this point.

Tldr: i rambled on n got lost, losing the point i was tryin to make, srry.
I got no idea if JYP owns Yeeun as a stage name but it is correct that she changed her stage name to Ha:tfelt but another reason for that might be if she didn't want to use her family name as part of her stage name.

Yerin could go by Jung Yerin if she wanted to but it does come back around to what she'd be comfortable having as a stage name although the benefit to using your real name is that you can't lose the rights to the name so that makes it harder to end up powerless when it comes to rights.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I got no idea if JYP owns Yeeun as a stage name but it is correct that she changed her stage name to Ha:tfelt but another reason for that might be if she didn't want to use her family name as part of her stage name.

Yerin could go by Jung Yerin if she wanted to but it does come back around to what she'd be comfortable having as a stage name although the benefit to using your real name is that you can't lose the rights to the name so that makes it harder to end up powerless when it comes to rights.
Few idols go by full name tho, as every wikipedia article seems to cite monomym as common stage name. Exception as above Jessica Jung n Tiffany Young. Not sure abt Krystal tbh. Amber goes by Amber Liu but Luna kept her stage name?

Ig we'll see in 3 more days(2 in korea), unless its not yet settled by Yerin n whoever she's gonna/hv already signed with. Idc i just want her to be happy n busy n super famous/successful, tho mostly its rare-can only think of Suzy n maybe Nana n maybe Naeun in future/currently who r the exceptions. There may be others im unaware of. :sanapray: :pandahappy::pandaamazed::pandalove:

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I'm hoping Sowon isn't joking when she said it isn't over. It may be false hope but I really don't want them to disband. It feels too soon. I mean it's not even 7 years.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Well these read as if they are totally disbanded and will not come back.

Its really sad.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Gfriend also posted Japanese letters which I added to the OP under the Korean ones if anyone wants to read them

@Buddy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread