OH NO PLEASE DON'T. IF JAEBUM HAS TO SING WHO'S YOUR MAMA? AT EVERY SINGLE MUSIC SHOW, I FEEL LIKE I'LL FLIP. I have never listened to JYP's solo songs of my own volition, not unless I'm playing Superstar JYP because I'm forced to listen to it. There's just something about his songs that makes them really old-fashioned :( Yeah, it's one those of cases where I feel sad that they're more popular internationally than domestically. It's weird, but it just seems wrong that your own country can't seem to appreciate you, no matter what you do. But sometimes I wonder whether it's a race thing since three members aren't Korean.
I agree with Ko Ko Bop. Both The Eve and Going Crazy are better. Ko Ko Bop just seem like a huge step up after EXO released Lotto, which was drastic and definitely one of my most hated EXO songs :( I only liked KKB after maybe ten listens because that breakdown needs a whole getting used to. And I get what you mean. I think most non-fans only revel at calling GOT7's music as generic/bad/trash just because other non-fans call it so. It's the same old rhetoric they like to use because GOT7 is an easy target with their non-public friendly title tracks. I mean, almost all groups have released meh title tracks at some point, but they like to point fingers at GOT7 as "THAT" group that only makes shitty songs.
I'd cry, probably, a lot. Well.. he's old-fashioned since he's kind of old, he's been in this game since 1992 and his iconic plastic pants debuted the year we were born, lmao. I searched him up on YouTube and I found
this video which was uploaded on your birthday.. guess this is karma for dissing JYP, lol jk!
It might be true.. though I don't think 2PM had that issue with Nichkhun, he seems to be really liked by the Koreans and I heard he has one of the best Korean fluencies among the foreigners. I just think that GOT7's concept and songs aren't as well received by Koreans than 2PM songs, because Stray Kids suffer from same issue as GOT7 and I'd say their songs are even less public friendly.
Definitely, but I guess Ko Ko Bop fit well for the concept they wanted to go for, it's hard to imagine like what kind of concept they could have done with other b-sides. And I don't like Lotto either, but you know, we can always rely on quality b-sides because I believe EXO only has like 2-3 b-sides I don't like and I can be quite critical of songs but not as much as some people. LOL. And yeah.. they'd jump on the train if they released something like If You Do again, I guess. :/