COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

I feel like a horrible ARMY (1 Viewer)

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
BTS is on a well deserved break right now, and I'm grateful for that, but now I'm realizing things I do that make me feel like a horrible ARMY at times.
the biggest one I do that I feel so bag and guilty about is defending myself and my ARMY status from people.

don't get me wrong, I am so proud to be an ARMY, and that's why when people ask about things I like, I say kpop instantly.
I name groups like TWICE, Loona, GFRIEND, soloists like Sunmi and Chungha, and then I get to BTS.
before when I talked about kpop, people just nodded with me, but when I mention BTS, the convo goes one of two ways.

they start going "OMG I LIKE BTS TOO!" and then we fangirl like crazy.
or they give me this disgusted look, like wow, I didn't expect you to jump on the bandwagon

if they give me that look, I instantly have to say something like, "oh I started following them 2015, don't worry, I didn't do it for hype." and then their face clears and they nod their head, laughing with me. and I've done that wayyyy more than fangirling. so everytime when I defend myself, why do I feel like I'm putting down all these new fans that are so amazing just to earn the approval of someone I want to be a friend with?

(stole @Hallybell 's taglist)
@blurryface @MsJimin @BlueBerryKookie @Pigeon @lexus @Buttercup @HopeOnTheStreet @ReadMyFanfic2 @Darjeeling @Darkyoda47 @Wingfrost @Soleski @Salalalala @deadstar @LastResort318 @KookievsCookie @Tpse @Jungkook @GoldenBunny @Foxia @Chlorine @mirella[/USER ]@CallMeCat [USER=20]@bulletproof @PetitBonheur @potato @Panda

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
:chickill:Those losers aren’t worth worrying over who needs an anti’s approval

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I know but they're such cool people I want to be friends with :pepecry1:
I don't know what to do
‘Cool people’ and ‘losers who won’t accept what you like’ are contradicting!!!!!!!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
so I shouldn't be friends with them? there are so little ARMYs here...I'm in like in the middle of nowhere
1 non judgy kpop friend is better than a billion judgy ones >:(

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
This is actually sad. If they really wanna be friends with you why is it matter who you stan? Says nothing about your person. You can be a cute kpop fan online, but a terrible person in real life and vica versa.
I feel like a lot of nonarmys dont wanna admit that we have nice and respecful fans as well. I know that they only see that toxic side, but the fandom is so big, 10-15k likes on a toxic comment is nothing, when a funny video reach 100k easly.
I dont know what should you do. I never defend the toxic fans, but I like to point out that not everyone is super crazy here.
and If they cant accept that you like a group or belong in a fandom they dislike idk about what kind of friends they are gonna be, there are bigger problems in a friendship

idk if I understand the situation clearly here :nekosweat:

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
This is actually sad. If they really wanna be friends with you why is it matter who you stan? Says nothing about your person. You can be a cute kpop fan online, but a terrible person in real life and vica versa.
I feel like a lot of nonarmys dont wanna admit that we have nice and respecful fans as well. I know that they only see that toxic side, but the fandom is so big, 10-15k likes on a toxic comment is nothing, when a funny video reach 100k easly.
I dont know what should you do. I never defend the toxic fans, but I like to point out that not everyone is super crazy here.
and If they cant accept that you like a group or belong in a fandom they dislike idk about what kind of friends they are gonna be, there are bigger problems in a friendship

idk if I understand the situation clearly here :nekosweat:
if I didn't say that I became ARMY in 2015, they'd probably have shamed me for just becoming ARMY for clout or hype or whatever and we wouldn't have ended up friends :((

so idk what to do now

HopeOnTheStreet

⚜ Hopin' around ⚜
Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's something that's happening whenever a group is becoming mainstream. I feel bad for new armys because some people are labelling them bandwagon stans.
Even if I would identify clearly a bandwagon stan(which I don't really care though) I wouldn't tell them they jumped on a bandwagon. It's so rude to assume things especially if you don't know the person.
If someone would tell me I jumped on a bandwagon then I guess that friendship started quite bad. If you already judge without even knowing me then I'm already questioning that friendship.

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It's something that's happening whenever a group is becoming mainstream. I feel bad for new armys because some people are labelling them bandwagon stans.
Even if I would identify clearly a bandwagon stan(which I don't really care though) I wouldn't tell them they jumped on a bandwagon. It's so rude to assume things especially if you don't know the person.
If someone would tell me I jumped on a bandwagon then I guess that friendship started quite bad. If you already judge without even knowing me then I'm already questioning that friendship.
that's actually a good piece of advice, they were judging me before knowing me. maybe I shouldn't be friends with them.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
if I didn't say that I became ARMY in 2015, they'd probably have shamed me for just becoming ARMY for clout or hype or whatever and we wouldn't have ended up friends :((

so idk what to do now
hm then they would dislike me I think :nekosweat:
which is so very weird and a bit stupid
stanning a group (or when you started to stan them) says nothing about your character, they should not judge you/other fans because of this

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
hm then they would dislike me I think :nekosweat:
which is so very weird and a bit stupid
stanning a group (or when you started to stan them) says nothing about your character, they should not judge you/other fans because of this
you're right. I'm going to stop defending myself, and if someone wouldn't be friends with me if I didn't tell them I stanned BTS before, they're not a good friend for me

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
you're right. I'm going to stop defending myself, and if someone wouldn't be friends with me if I didn't tell them I stanned BTS before, they're not a good friend for me
I still find this very sad tbh. You're amazing, people should only care about that. :pepeheart:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
That’s why at the beginning I didn’t want to tell that I am an ARMY but now I don’t care about people wrong assumptions based on nothing but their prejudice. Someone asked me once if I am a success stan and I answer : yes a success stan who is here since 2013 and even though I was there since like 2018 ? This person never talked to me about BTS again whereas we sometimes discuss about Kpop together.

And the fact that ARMYs are labeled as the worst fandom is just stupid. I belong to several fandoms since 8 years and they have all acted toxic at some point. At least with ARMYs and Blinks the toxicity is not hidden because I am not going to say names but I know fandoms who pretend to be chill and you find out later that it’s the toxic part of this fandom who claim that.

One of my friends even stopped to talk to me because : « at some point ARMYs attacks against my group are too much ». And when I told her that her fandom is not acting better with BTS she denied it.

On AKP I made a thread to say that I am an ARMY and after that some people was less friendly with me than before. Suddenly I was not part of their fandom but a person who likes theirs faves at best.

Sorry if I sound rude but I needed to say it for so long now.

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
That’s why at the beginning I didn’t want to tell that I am an ARMY but now I don’t care about people wrong assumptions based on nothing but their prejudice. Someone asked me once if I am a success stan and I answer : yes a success stan who is here since 2013 and even though I was there since like 2018 ? This person never talked to me about BTS again whereas we sometimes discuss about Kpop together.

And the fact that ARMYs are labeled as the worst fandom is just stupid. I belong to several fandoms since 8 years and they have all acted toxic at some point. At least with ARMYs and Blinks the toxicity is not hidden because I am not going to say names but I know fandoms who pretend to be chill and you find out later that it’s the toxic part of this fandom who claim that.

One of my friends even stopped to talk to me because : « at some point ARMYs attacks against my group are too much ». And when I told her that her fandom is not acting better with BTS she denied it.

On AKP I made a thread to say that I am an ARMY and after that some people was less friendly with me than before. Suddenly I was not part of their fandom but a person who likes theirs faves at best.

Sorry if I sound rude but I needed to say it for so long now.
some people are stupid af, it's ok, you can vent, I get you. I'm sorry you've experience all this discrimination because of the groups you stan.

Jungkook

√ The original cookie √
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
If someone is giving you flack for liking something you enjoy
Regardless of their reasons
They probably aren't a good friend
:nekosweat:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread