I have a controversial question 🤔🤔 (1 Viewer)

Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Since I go to a catholic school, I always hear god has a plan for us. Yesterday we were learning about freewill, but if god already knows our future & chose it, we don’t have freewill. God decides if you go to heaven or hell before you’re even born. Wdym
You know if you start questioning the churches meanings it's going to lead you on the path out. All it takes is questioning one of these cracks and the rest of the cookie starts to crumble.

It's same as God is a loving God, yet God is vengeful as heck.

Religion is an oxymoron.
 
Joined
19 October 2018
Messages
1,452
Reactions Received
6,534
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
You know if you start questioning the churches meanings it's going to lead you on the path out. All it takes is questioning one of these cracks and the rest of the cookie starts to crumble.

It's same as God is a loving God, yet God is vengeful as heck.

Religion is an oxymoron.
Yee I’m not actually catholic, I just attend a Catholic school. I always found a lot of errors in it. It doesn’t need make sense Adam & eve are the 1st humans because there is no way they could be. The Bible has ignored the evolution of humans & wouldn’t Adam & eve’s kids have to have kids with eve if there weren’t any other people ?
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
Religion isn't exactly known for making sense and people usually are just told to have faith and not question it since when you start questioning things it falls apart
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
The way I view it:

I used to be confused as well.
God knows our future. However, we chose it. He does have the power to control our future, and in many ways, He does. However, He doesn't for certain things because at the end of the day, we have to be responsible for our actions. He will do things to help us along the way (or not), but at the end of the day, it's us who makes the decision. It's Him who makes the decision go a certain way.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I've actually thought about this question a lot. It all depends on your belief.

I've heard that God knows our future in the current path that we are taking but he gives us the freewill to change the path that we are on. I've also heard that God already has everything decided for us and our conception of freewill is not actually true.
There are so many beliefs and thoughts within the same religion. If you go to a Protestant Church, you will hear completely different teachings based on the same belief, that's how different it can be. They're are many more contrasts in beliefs in religions which are all dismissed. But we have to remember, religion itself was created by humans and humans are flawed which is pretty much my theory as to why there are so many opposing beliefs in the same religion.

Just to clarify, I'm not Christian myself but I've studied Islam at school where predestination and freewill is a major topic so I know quite a bit about it.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,623
Reactions Received
93,446
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Since I go to a catholic school, I always hear god has a plan for us. Yesterday we were learning about freewill, but if god already knows our future & chose it, we don’t have freewill. God decides if you go to heaven or hell before you’re even born. Wdym
There is a plan but freewill can jack it up. That is the point. People have to make good choices and are accountable for those made both by commission and omission.
Since people are human and thus fallen they will jack it up. That is Jesus roll in most versions of Christianity. Where religions differ is the amount of actual effort needed to repent what can be repented of ect.
The happy bunny love version go with perma saved after once choosing.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I've actually thought about this question a lot. It all depends on your belief.

I've heard that God knows our future in the current path that we are taking but he gives us the freewill to change the path that we are on. I've also heard that God already has everything decided for us and our conception of freewill is not actually true.
There are so many beliefs and thoughts within the same religion. If you go to a Protestant Church, you will hear completely different teachings based on the same belief, that's how different it can be. They're are many more contrasts in beliefs in religions which are all dismissed. But we have to remember, religion itself was created by humans and humans are flawed which is pretty much my theory as to why there are so many opposing beliefs in the same religion.

Just to clarify, I'm not Christian myself but I've studied Islam at school where predestination and freewill is a major topic so I know quite a bit about it.
Yeah, as I'm Muslim, the first sentence is actually what I'm trying to say.
Are you Muslim or did you just study Islam?
 
Joined
22 September 2019
Messages
168
Reactions Received
349
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
you are right to some extent , we are tied to our destiny or fate , everyone has their own , as for me being a Muslim this doesn't bother me

first imma give you a brief definition of freewill
what do you want you can do , for example , i want to rule the world , i can try and probably ill succeed hahahahahahahahaha
freewill is whats in your capacity , whatever in your capacity you are able to do it , exactly like how you had the freewill to post an interesting question , you have the freewil to kill , rob ,help . no one can force you

as for heaven and hell , thats complicated cuz no one know but God
we muslims pray 5 times a day , but will that make us go to heaven? , NO , god will choose , you just gotta work with the reasons , a verse in the Holy Quran goes like "IT IS YOU WE WORSHIP AND YOU WE ASK FOR HELP"

i hope this clears you controversy , if u didnt understand ill be happy to provide you with help
 
Last edited:

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
I've kinda always viewed as there's a path that is set out for us regardless but we have choice to follow it or not.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
honestly anything coming out from the bible or relgion should be taken to seriously. Alot of things (at least in the bible) should be taken metaphorically.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Yeah, as I'm Muslim, the first sentence is actually what I'm trying to say.
Are you Muslim or did you just study Islam?
I just study it ^^ I study Christianity too but we've learned more about Islam so far so I know more about it.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I myself am not religious, but the way I see it is...

God has a plan for everybody and is guiding you on that path, but that doesn't mean you have to follow that one. God wishes you to follow it, God shows you the way if only you let him, but it is up to you to listen to him and walk the "right" path.
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
God has a plan foe us probably means he has heaven and hell ready,but humans are free to choose which one they will go to,that is what i learnt through religious lessons.

That being said i left it for other reasons.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
God knows our future. However, we chose it. He does have the power to control our future, and in many ways, He does. However, He doesn't for certain things because at the end of the day, we have to be responsible for our actions. He will do things to help us along the way (or not), but at the end of the day, it's us who makes the decision. It's Him who makes the decision go a certain way.
^this. Plus the concept of free will (within Abrahamic systems) probably explains why bad things happen to, but... thats not the point.

There are some denominations that don't believe in predestination, but rather that God knows if you will go to heaven, because God knows everything including your decisions and their result.
There's even denominations who view hell not as a separation from god or a literal burning, but rather you having to endure God's love as someone who didn't accept God in life. Thus, since you theoretically don't love God, him loving you would be torture... So lots of diverging opinions


Direct Quote from Catechism of the Catholic Church: "God predestines no one to go to hell. For this, a willful turning away from god is necessary, and persistence in it until the end. In the Eucharistic liturgy and in the daily prayers of her faithful, the church implores the mercy of God, who does not want any to perish but all to come to repentance." Catechism 1037.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread