I feel like Kpop should only be for Koreans or asians. Western has diverse people so if you wanted to, you could possibly become a singer. Kpop is different, Korea’s majority is Koreans. It gives Koreans or Asians a huge chance to become an idol. America is hard to make it in, but if Americans started becoming Kpop trainees it’d be wack. Sorry if this is insensitive but purely white people have a better chance making it in America then asians. I feel like Kpop & western music evens it out more. Kpop gives asians a better chance then Americans. Western music gives black & white people a better chance.
American music isn't even diverse though?
I will NEVER see someone like Wendy performing on stage with someone like John Legend at the VMAs or anywhere
Because American music doesn't give any chances or opportunities for people like Wendy, Krystal, Amber, etc to make it. It's so infuriating.
I will NEVER see a girl group like the Pussycat Dolls where I'll see Caucasian, African Descent, Latina, Asian, etc in one group. Why? Because American music doesn't make groups like that. It barely makes groups NOW.
And I think that's part of the appeal of why Americans wanna train for K-pop (regardless of ethnicity/race). That and you can actually APPLY to go to a record company. These days you can't just send in a recording to a Record company in the U.S anymore it literally doesn't work that way. You have to try to do Soundcloud, Myspace, Facebook, YouTube, etc try to release and get as many fans through any means so a record company even NOTICES you then HOPEFULLY they'll sign you IF that even happens.
EDITED:
Edited so I can include this video. Because I literally have to go watch MAMA an ASIAN MUSIC SHOW to see a stage where Asians can sing with someone that's non-Asian-in this case-a Black man.
If I sound irritated/pissed/mad. It's because I am. I don't see any reason why Asians can't be more included into the American music industry. AND I'm mad because U.S dares to claim and brag how diverse it is in general, despite lots of evidence saying otherwise.
So if America can't be that industry. Then I can't see why K-pop can't? Let K-pop be the one to just stomp all over U.S industry and show what diversity AND talent actually is.