i made a bunch of kpop stans mad on ig lmao (3 Viewers)

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah the colorism in South Asia is extremely bad. "Whiter is better" is a movement that has not slowed down at all in that part of the world. Actually, I believe it has even picked up xD. The amount of fairness cream ads I see when I go to India is crazy.
Disgusting. I haven't been to Asia since 2007, and it hasn't seemed to change at all. Maybe if native South Asians focused less on hating each other and more on problems inside their own country, they'd be better by now. It also hurts being called beautiful and treated highly just because of my skin, and not who I am. If I was tan, they'd hate me. But you probably hurt a lot more than I do, being treated badly because of your color. Don't worry though, us with logic find you and us equal 💙
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Disgusting. I haven't been to Asia since 2007, and it hasn't seemed to change at all. Maybe if native South Asians focused less on hating each other and more on problems inside their own country, they'd be better by now. It also hurts being called beautiful and treated highly just because of my skin, and not who I am. If I was tan, they'd hate me. But you probably hurt a lot more than I do, being treated badly because of your color. Don't worry though, us with logic find you and us equal 💙
Ah nah it's not as bad for me since I'm a guy. Darker skinned girls have it way worse :(
But thanks sis! <3
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Shes not even light though. She's still tan. Very tan. And you know what? She's just as beautiful.
The part of India that I come from has quite tanned skin so I assumed she was considered light. And of course, everyone is beautiful, tanned or light skinned <3
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday and TaShye

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I feel like Kpop should only be for Koreans or asians. Western has diverse people so if you wanted to, you could possibly become a singer. Kpop is different, Korea’s majority is Koreans. It gives Koreans or Asians a huge chance to become an idol. America is hard to make it in, but if Americans started becoming Kpop trainees it’d be wack. Sorry if this is insensitive but purely white people have a better chance making it in America then asians. I feel like Kpop & western music evens it out more. Kpop gives asians a better chance then Americans. Western music gives black & white people a better chance.
Well that it's western as in USA and maybe couple other countries though. If you go to smaller European countries the majority will be that ethnically from that country just like in Korea. That doesn't mean that there isn't any asian or black artist or actors in these countries, though it's still rare. None is also saying these people shouldn't strive to become artist or actor cause of their ethnicity or cause they are immigrants. Though I guess one difference would be that Korea doesn't offer nationality based on place of birth (or after residence)- you have to have korean parent, still many kpop artists actually haven't citizenship they have working visas I believe.

Though if we compare with Japan, it already has quite few white or black people working as artists there though they haven't gotten that big. For example swedish guy YOHIO who is doing visual kei type of music both in japanese and English. And MONKEY MAJIK is two canadian (white) brothers. Japan is more like Germany I guess, it's place where people immigrate to become artists cause it offers opportunities when Korea is quite like my country, it would be no sense to immigrate to Finland to become artist here, but if you have already immigrated cause of another reason and you can sing (and preferably know some finnish) why not give it a try ^^;
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread