ICY's Huge Under-performance After Dalla Dalla ~ (4 Viewers)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Coming from the biggest girl group song of 2019, you'd expect the next single to do well but ICY is plummeting down the charts, fast. Yesterday, they fell four more places on Melon's daily. Hopefully, they stabilize or rise today but things are not looking good for ICY.
38078

-
From what I saw on the forum here, most people have "mixed feelings" about the song. Could Korea have had the same reaction? Still, I was expecting an All-Kill or something xD.
Idol groups in general have had a very bad year (with the exception of BTS). Do you think we can attribute ICY's under performance to that as well or maybe it's solely because the song was just not liked?

Albeit, the song is not even a week old yet so it still has time to pull off a rise so I hope Itzy fans don't worry too much.

Thoughts?​
 
Joined
5 June 2019
Messages
539
Reactions Received
1,946
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't really know what to say ~I actually LOVE this song a lot just as much as Dalla Dalla, maybe people will like it more later? I expect this scenario at least but they are new, they are doing very good for a new group I suppose
even tho I think the song was great and it deserves a lot of success :pandanoreaction:
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
The problem with "teen crush" and promoting a positive, inspiring message is that it's very easy to go too far into "childish" zone
It seems like that's a big reason people aren't into it
It's too kiddish, it's too cringey
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Please stop tagging me just because I am online. Thank you.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I don't really know what to say ~I actually LOVE this song a lot just as much as Dalla Dalla, maybe people will like it more later? I expect this scenario at least but they are new, they are doing very good for a new group I suppose
even tho I think the song was great and it deserves a lot of success :pandanoreaction:
It's okay sis, it might rise :maheart:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
The problem with "teen crush" and promoting a positive, inspiring message is that it's very easy to go too far into "childish" zone
It seems like that's a big reason people aren't into it
It's too kiddish, it's too cringey
Yeah the English parts of the song really weren't it for me. That Papa part especially :nekosweat:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
its sort of bad ngl

not the wost i've ever heard but none of it, from song, to video comes off with the cool confidence and musical impact dalla dalla did

and even if it didnt have to proceed dalla dalla it's still, a sort of tacky mv and a lackluster song. i understand why its not selling aswell
I kinda liked the MV xD
But yeah agree, the song was lackluster.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
It’s because they’re a gg
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
The same thing happened with Gidle, they just need to build up their fandom and releasing ZZB noise machine quality songs isn't going to cut it.

People need to learn that a catchy song =/= permanent success.

I thought we all learned this after Momoland
There's no permanent success in Kpop. However, using the catchy song formula is not wrong. 90% of national hits by idol groups are because they're catchy.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Wait, did he produce this? I thought he just wrote the lyrics.
Yep, written, composed and arranged by Mr. AsianSoul :pepecross:
IMG_20190731_235956.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread