Just sat through an entire two hour lesson on cultural appropriation (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
if that is corned beef sign me up for this multilevel cultural appropriation.
That look absolutely delicious mail it to me
I'm amazed there are actual recipes for this. From respectable cooking sites at that.


 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I'm amazed there are actual recipes for this. From respectable cooking sites at that.


 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm amazed there are actual recipes for this. From respectable cooking sites at that.



My god us cultural appropriation so freaking tastey.
 
Joined
5 March 2019
Messages
2,571
Reactions Received
7,514
Location
beomgyu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
ATINY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
  • Angry
Reactions: Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Like
Reactions: ddeonghwaaa
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Why is cultural appropriation even part of the curriculum?

I'd also add [to what @DrowningFishy said] that some Afro-Caribbean Pagan traditions cast spells using Catholic Saints as proxy gods.. And the concept of cultural appropriation says that you shouldn't take cultural artifacts (i.e. Catholic Saints) out of their context... and the content of a Catholic saint would not involve witchcraft. 😅 🤣 ... So there's that. lol
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Why is cultural appropriation even part of the curriculum?

I'd also add [to what @DrowningFishy said] that some Afro-Caribbean Pagan traditions cast spells using Catholic Saints as proxy gods.. And the concept of cultural appropriation says that you shouldn't take cultural artifacts (i.e. Catholic Saints) out of their context... and the content of a Catholic saint would not involve witchcraft. 😅 🤣 ... So there's that. lol
the consequences of a mandatory sociology class :kijoongstare:
theres always a double standard on what white ppl can do vs everyone else
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Shimmer
Joined
16 February 2020
Messages
462
Reactions Received
1,176
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Some people just don't understand cultural diffusion exists and happens multiple times throughout history
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Some people just don't understand cultural diffusion exists and happens multiple times throughout history
they understand it perfectly, theyve just run out of real issues to whine about
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Shimmer
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Wtf is this entire thread...
Idk but I think it ranks in my top 5 most successful :icgyu: maybe I should complain about my socio class more often
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shimmer

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I didn't know what was a thing in classes.
I still don't get the whole deal with that cultural appropriation.

It's like like whatever to me.
I guess I'll never understand it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shimmer and Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I didn't know what was a thing in classes.
I still get the whole deal with that cultural appropriation.

It's like like whatever to me.
I guess I'll never understand it.
I think it’s aimed to white guilt teens and privileged black ppl
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I think it’s aimed to white guilt teens and privileged black ppl
Oh I see.
doesn't really fit me then, since I am mixed.
but I can see how that would go down with some people yeah.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shimmer and Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Black people are privileged? Are you kidding me??
Not as a whole group ofc, no one is
But there are privileged black ppl, just as there are privileged white ppl and asians and native Americans and so on
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shimmer

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Not as a whole group ofc, no one is
But there are privileged black ppl, just as there are privileged white ppl and asians and native Americans and so on
So you're saying white people aren't privileged?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
So you're saying white people aren't privileged?
let’s just stop right here, I know what you’re gonna say and you’re not going to change my mind and I know I’m not going to change your’s, so all we’ll end up with is wasted time. here’s a fav Jimin pic instead
1584060138554.jpeg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viewing thread