[Knetz]Yuqi, Lay, Jackson, Kyulkyung etc (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
“Support China!” Hong Kong protesters indignantly target Kyulkyung, Lai Kuanlin, Lay, Jackson

Hong Kong protesters indignantly target Kyulkyung, Lai Kuanlin, Lay, Jackson

Lay, Victoria, Kyulkyung, Lai Kuanlin, and Jackson supported China against Hong Kong’s protests.

Hong Kong protesters indignantly target Kyulkyung, Lai Kuanlin, Lay, Jackson

original post: naver

1. [+4059, -30] I support Hong Kong people!

2. [+1973, -374] Now, protesters are risking their lives, and celebrities seem awkward. You know, there are kids from Taiwan, Hong Kong and they support China, are they crazy? They have no choice but to live.

3. [+1199, -54] Isn’t this the Chinese government putting pressure on them?

4. [+572, -13] You know, Lay is of Chinese descent, so what is Jackson and Lai Kuanlin? Especially Jackson from Hong Kong. Why did he do that? I know Lai Kuanlin is from Taiwan, but he’s sold his country to China.

5. [+287, -6] I don’t know anyone else, but is GOT7 Jackson from Hong Kong? He is also a representative of fencing in Hong Kong.

6. [+214, -4] Since when did idols have such clear political beliefs?… I can see the scary atmosphere of China indirectly… Cheering Hong Kong people who are fighting for their lives.

7. [+191, -1] Instead, be quiet

8. [+193, -6] Jackson, you’re a Hong Kong person…


Article
: Lai Kuanlin, Jackson, Joo Kyulkyung, Victoria "We support one China"... shows support for Hong Kong police

Source: MK Sports via Nate

1. [+1,586, -42] Their fans are defending them saying they have no choice but to do this in order to live ㅋ but I'm sure that same logic applied to the pro-Japanese traitors in our own country. Pathetic that you're willing to defend anything your celebrities do just because you like them.

2. [+908, -428] They'll probably end up like Fan Bing Bing if they don't say this. There are kids from Taiwan and Hong Kong in that list itself, they'd be insane to actually support China in this. They just have to do it if they want to live.

3. [+162, -4] How can Jackson say that when he's from Hong Kong?

4. [+127, -6] They're crazy... how can you support the side that's stomping on democracy? I understand this coming from celebrities who are from China but what about the ones from Taiwan and Hong Kong? That's exactly what the pro-Japanese traitors did in our country. They stuck to Japan for their own benefits.

5. [+117, -3] Jackson bragged so much about being a Hong Kong national athlete, shouldn't he be staying quiet in this? People really are scary in the face of money.

6. [+103, -3] Can't believe it's even coming from kids from Hong Kong and Taiwan... that's quite surprising

7. [+93, -2] It's funny to me to see Hong Kong and Taiwanese kids support China because they get all the benefits of their democracies but are choosing China's side for their own survival. That's calculating. People in Hong Kong are putting their lives on the line to fight for their democracy while these guys are trying to save their own lives by supporting China.

8. [+84, -1] Hul, that's just wrong, isn't it?;;; Especially if you're Taiwanese or from Hong Kong..

9. [+77, -3] Isn't Jackson from Hong Kong?

10. [+76, -2] Jackson is from Hong Kong. He clearly knows how important this protest is, how people are putting their lives on the line... and he's only out for his own life now ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-


Source: Naver

1. [+5,272, -58] I'm embarrassed of you guys...

2. [+3,713, -32] Can we please stop training Chinese kids just so they can run off to China and act like they're celebs... They're nothing but people riding on K-Pop coattails so they can go back to China to act like top stars. Please stop making them stars. They're just foreigners here to make a quick buck...

3. [+2,717, -39] I'm proud of our society for having achieved democracy

4. [+1,148, -26] Are they all children of traitors? ㅋㅋ They have the mindset of Communists. Please retire your careers from Korea immediately.

5. [+1,115, -15] Shows how scary brainwashing can be

6. [+602, -4] Jackson you crazy ba$... you really like that China money, huh? To sell your own country for it? At least don't brag about being a national athlete for Hong Kong.

7. [+433, -4] How can someone so proud of being from Hong Kong support China in this... After all that bragging he did, I'd be too embarrassed to even support China publicly. Jackson, I'm so disappointed in you. Don't come back on TV.

8. [+428, -5] It's understandable for the stars from China but Jackson's from Hong Kong and Lai Kuanlin's from Taiwan, I don't get it...

9. [+281, -5] I get the Chinese kids doing this since they don't want to end up like Fan Bing Bing but what about the ones from Taiwan and Hong Kong, tsk tsk

10. [+241, -0] Isn't Jackson from Hong Kong???? Well I support Hong Kong.

-
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Instead of focusing on these idols, I feel like we should all use our own resources to spread what's happening in Hong Kong all over the internet, as much as we can. Chinese bots have over taken YouTube, Twitter and now, Reddit. They're trying to bury what's happening in HK and take it off trending hashtags and top news categories.

For anyone who wants to know more about the situation in HK, here;

This is the best way for us to support their movement. People have been shot and injured because of these protests. We will let democracy win!
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I wish Knetz could actually stop harrasing foreign idols, esp. Chinese ones. They always feel the need to make them feel like "The others", the strange people who happens to just be following their dreams. I don't see the same effort onto kpop companies milking the Japanese and Chinese market.
I'm not to trying defend anyone here but most of this idols are not proactive in politics and even if that's the case, their opinions most be respected, whether we like it or not.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,640
Reactions Received
93,452
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,894
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
At the end of the day Hong Kong is screwed.
You know it, I know it, they know it.
Taiwan has had China's lack of sea lift and ability to project force going for it, but for some time now the prc has been working on that.
Attempting to do business with the PRC has been a loosing proposition.
In a world of instant gratification they have played the long game and are winning.

For all the benefits the real weakness of democracy is in the long game. Election cycles and now news cycles drive short term thinking to an astounding degree.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
When people are posting the same script you know something is up. I just don't understand these people who preach about how dangerous and manipulative China is in one breath and in the next go after the celebrities.

Some of them might actually be pro-china but most likely they are being used to cultivate appearance and public opinion. They literally have concentration camps schools there created to make people conform. Thinking celebrities there have 100% control or the same right to freedom of speech is inaccurate
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It really is a complicated situation. Here we see racist comments that have plagued kpop, but to actual protesters these idols may represent what is wrong with China right now. And it does feel like they’re taking away from the bigger issue which is the protests and tbh we should do what @Darkyoda47 recommended: support the protesters and and stop the censorship that is occurring.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I have been thinking this a bit now, and first I was having more understanding towards Chinese idols, but then I looked more into what they were posting things like how they think Hong Kong protestors are shameful and that they support the police who has had aggressions towards people. I started to think that.. why am I giving pass to these people to say these things when these protestors are risking their lives for better tomorrow? I think at some point you have to decide what your values are and if you condone actions of regime like this. If you condone them you are part of it to me, not biggest one in fault, but some of the blood- if the situation goes there- is also in your hands. So for me, I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed at the moment. Although it might be them trying to protect their livelihood.. even their lives, to say some of stuff they have been saying is disturbing and just goes too much against my own values. Ofc I'm not one to sent hate or sth like that, but I dont' think I can respect them either.


EDIT: Edited mine cause there was already topic.
 
Last edited:

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
As soon as I get back to Canada, I'm gonna protest with our Hong Kong nationals.

It was on the first page :lazypotato:
.... fail :nekosweat:

I still hope there is non violent solution, but it does look bad.

To me even if faced with possible backlash the idols should shut up about this, unless they really think what they are posting and then they are free ofc to say but.. yikes.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
.... fail :nekosweat:

I still hope there is non violent solution, but it does look bad.

To me even if faced with possible backlash the idols should shut up about this, unless they really think what they are posting and then they are free ofc to say but.. yikes.
The whole thing is really yikes tbh. Seeing as how Jackson, a HK national, is promoting this "One China" policy, I would like to believe that these social media posts were forced upon them. However, I'm pretty sure a chunk of these celebs actually believe the propaganda Mainland China is selling.
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I have been thinking this a bit now, and first I was having more understanding towards Chinese idols, but then I looked more into what they were posting things like how they think Hong Kong protestors are shameful and that they support the police who has had aggressions towards people. I started to think that.. why am I giving pass to these people to say these things when these protestors are risking their lives for better tomorrow? I think at some point you have to decide what your values are and if you condone actions of regime like this. If you condone them you are part of it to me, not biggest one in fault, but some of the blood- if the situation goes there- is also in your hands. So for me, I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed at the moment. Although it might be them trying to protect their livelihood.. even their lives, to say some of stuff they have been saying is disturbing and just goes too much against my own values. Ofc I'm not one to sent hate or sth like that, but I dont' think I can respect them either.


EDIT: Edited mine cause there was already topic.
You see... I typed a whole response in your thread and then it was deleted lmao.

But here it is:

Part of me thinks that celebrities should not have the responsibility to partake in risking their lives for a protest that they themselves would not want to take part of, just like civilians don’t have to either. Those people who are willing to fight for their rights and beliefs are admirable and I have deep respect for them, but I also don’t expect that out of everyone. While bravery is one too, fear is a powerful mechanism. After all, we are talking about life and death here. These are the same reasons why I hate the idea of mandatory military service, not everyone wants to put their life on the line for their country, and not everyone should have to though this comparison can be a stretch.

The other part of me thinks that they could have just said that they supported China and been done or even not said anything at all. But, all of them seem to basically say the same thing. Then in this case, might there not be a possibility that they were told to say all of this? “Protesters are dangerous and criminals” really sounds like the Chinese govt to me who basically labeled their civilians terrorists. And then, not saying anything at all would have the same effect, no? The Chinese govt is watching. And it does take action when anyone opposes them. This is basically a fact and has happened many times before. It doesn’t matter if someone as big as Jackson would have done it. This dude would have been eradicated off the earth if the Chinese govt does not deem his response good enough.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The whole thing is really yikes tbh. Seeing as how Jackson, a HK national, is promoting this "One China" policy, I would like to believe that these social media posts were forced upon them. However, I'm pretty sure a chunk of these celebs actually believe the propaganda Mainland China is selling.
It is pretty messed up especially with those that are from HK and Taiwan. And it's sad that kpop companies are on it as well, they are so afraid to lose that chinese money that they force idols like Tzuyu to make apology video crying and apologising for waving the flag of her own country. I want to believe it was company decision, but yea idk. I probably won't look these idols same way after this.
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
At the end of the day Hong Kong is screwed.
You know it, I know it, they know it.
Taiwan has had China's lack of sea lift and ability to project force going for it, but for some time now the prc has been working on that.
Attempting to do business with the PRC has been a loosing proposition.
In a world of instant gratification they have played the long game and are winning.

For all the benefits the real weakness of democracy is in the long game. Election cycles and now news cycles drive short term thinking to an astounding degree.
Hong Kong is screwed because there is no one who would be willing to go to war with China for Hong Kong. No one is willing to risk war for Taiwan to be considered their own. Yeah, a lot of people in Hong Kong are probably going to die eventually if protests continue. It's what communists countries do to keep people in line. Do you think communist China cares about a Democratic Hong Kong? No, because a Democratic Hong Kong would be shown as a threat/weakness of China.

I honestly, and it sucks, can't think of a way that this will end well for HK.

Yeah Jackson pretty much sold out HOng Kong, but if he didn't as soon as he stepped foot in China or HK he'd probably vanish.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
You see... I typed a whole response in your thread and then it was deleted lmao.

But here it is:

Part of me thinks that celebrities should not have the responsibility to partake in risking their lives for a protest that they themselves would not want to take part of, just like civilians don’t have to either. Those people who are willing to fight for their rights and beliefs are admirable and I have deep respect for them, but I also don’t expect that out of everyone. While bravery is one too, fear is a powerful mechanism. After all, we are talking about life and death here. These are the same reasons why I hate the idea of mandatory military service, not everyone wants to put their life on the line for their country, and not everyone should have to though this comparison can be a stretch.

The other part of me thinks that they could have just said that they supported China and been done or even not said anything at all. But, all of them seem to basically say the same thing. Then in this case, might there not be a possibility that they were told to say all of this? “Protesters are dangerous and criminals” really sounds like the Chinese govt to me who basically labeled their civilians terrorists. And then, not saying anything at all would have the same effect, no? The Chinese govt is watching. And it does take action when anyone opposes them. This is basically a fact and has happened many times before. It doesn’t matter if someone as big as Jackson would have done it. This dude would have been eradicated off the earth if the Chinese govt does not deem his response good enough.
I don't think they have more responsibility than common citizen in this case. But I think they do have responsibility as citizens to not support oppressive regimes, I'm not expecting them to voice if they are against I get that the situation is very difficult. But seeing post calling these people risking their lives shameful just rubbed me really wrong way. I can't help to think that it is cowardice and compromising your values for gain. And I'm not completely sure if them not saying anything about situation would have really gotten them killed, blacklash maybe, but personally I think they just went way too far against the protestors. And in other hand idols kinda are supposed to be people you look up to..
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
It is pretty messed up especially with those that are from HK and Taiwan. And it's sad that kpop companies are on it as well, they are so afraid to lose that chinese money that they force idols like Tzuyu to make apology video crying and apologising for waving the flag of her own country. I want to believe it was company decision, but yea idk. I probably won't look these idols same way after this.
I've met a lot of Chinese nationals who came on transfer programs, when I was in college. I use to work for my University and help these students with their English and me being me with no filter, I asked them about what they feel about communism in their country and also about the Taiwan and HK issue. The response I got was not surprising but disappointing. Almost all of them were in support of their government and non of them recognized Taiwan and HK as independent countries. Actually, I further requested my University to separate the Taiwanese and Chinese students in my English classes because I was shitting myself thinking the fights that would breakout if the Taiwanese students heard what the Chinese students were saying.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,640
Reactions Received
93,452
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,894
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Hong Kong is screwed because there is no one who would be willing to go to war with China for Hong Kong. No one is willing to risk war for Taiwan to be considered their own. Yeah, a lot of people in Hong Kong are probably going to die eventually if protests continue. It's what communists countries do to keep people in line. Do you think communist China cares about a Democratic Hong Kong? No, because a Democratic Hong Kong would be shown as a threat/weakness of China.

I honestly, and it sucks, can't think of a way that this will end well for HK.

Yeah Jackson pretty much sold out HOng Kong, but if he didn't as soon as he stepped foot in China or HK he'd probably vanish.
I am not happy about it either.

There was a time when the US would have stood up for Taiwan no question and that is a much easier conflict to sell( I think they still would but politicians are fickle) . And I think some governments would love to stand up for Hong Kong.
But selling that war is next to impossible.

Exit strategies ect.

Bottom line MacArthur was right and Truman was wrong. He just did not want that legacy too.
 
Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I've met a lot of Chinese nationals who came on transfer programs, when I was in college. I use to work for my University and help these students with their English and me being me with no filter, I asked them about what they feel about communism in their country and also about the Taiwan and HK issue. The response I got was not surprising but disappointing. Almost all of them were in support of their government and non of them recognized Taiwan and HK as independent countries. Actually, I further requested my University to separate the Taiwanese and Chinese students in my English classes because I was shitting myself thinking the fights that would breakout if the Taiwanese students heard what the Chinese students were saying.
I actually know some exchange students are chinese, from hong kong and from taiwan as well. But in my experience they mostly get along well and tend to flock together, one of popular topics seem to be differences in mandarin and cantonese :dubuthink: Though i'd guess they mostly prefer to avoid the harder political topics. One of students from Hong Kong was asked couple days back what they thought of situation in HK, but he seemed to want to avoid the topic. But he was absent today, I wonder if it's because of the situation maybe sitting in class room feels bit weird right now? I don't know actually.

And there was one time I accidentantly called Taiwanese girl chinese and she got bit offended, but was alright when I apologized :lazypotato:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I actually know some exchange students are chinese, from hong kong and from taiwan as well. But in my experience they mostly get along well and tend to flock together, one of popular topics seem to be differences in mandarin and cantonese :dubuthink: Though i'd guess they mostly prefer to avoid the harder political topics. One of students from Hong Kong was asked couple days back what they thought of situation in HK, but he seemed to want to avoid the topic. But he was absent today, I wonder if it's because of the situation maybe sitting in class room feels bit weird right now? I don't know actually.

And there was one time I accidentantly called Taiwanese girl chinese and she got bit offended, but was alright when I apologized :lazypotato:
Well the thing is, I was speaking about this political shit in the classrooms as a means of getting them to converse in English with me. Otherwise, they'd just show me their work so I can mark it and then they proceed to speaking in Mandarin with their peers. But well, you're right. Most exchange students tend to flock together. Oh and yeah that's happened to me as well! I thought this Taiwanese person was Chinese and she literally went
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread