COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now
Reactions Received
KS Coins
in my opinion, i feel like the only good/valid/ones that i liked kpop bridges so far this year (in title tracks only) have been loona's so what, everglow's dun dun, weki meki's dazzle dazzle and apink's dumhdurum, or high-note-wise, nako's highnote in fiesta and jungkook's in on. (at least, these are the ones that come to my mind as a gg stan lol, there might be others)

a lot of kpop songs recently have just been singing the song louder, saying the last part of a line with rap tone or putting in a dance break, which doesn't really make a bridge, you know?
or there's no bridge at all :(
this kinda makes me sad bc i love a good kpop bridge and i just haven't really been fed with many so far this year - again, a lot of kpop songs haven't been having (in my opinion) great bridges lately which is sad bc then it always makes the song feel short - like with iu's eight (prod&feat suga) which is a whole entire BOP but we can probably agree ended a little abruptly and feels a little short. i feel like this happened with (g)i-dle oh my god too, shuhua's verse was great but not really a full valid bridge (??), and oh my god already felt a little short because of its chorus being short, but if shuhua got to do a bridge...

some people disagree with me on bridges being so important lol, but (again, all imo) bridges really add something to the song, break up the pattern, make the song more fulfilling/less short, and (good kpop bridges especially) are just really nice to listen to. taking the time to slow down the song, change up the music, add something different to it, or build up to the last chorus, can really so do much. so what, dun dun and dazzle dazzle are my favourite bridges so far this year, no cap, they're already such bops but the bridges are just *chef's kiss* maybe my favourite part of the song and i really think about them a lot :sj_weary:

anyway, what do y'all think? do you agree? <3

Ahsoka

โšก๏ธLightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
For me I actually don't like Dun Duns bridge much, or Dazzle Dazzle. One of my favorite would probably be from kick it just for Taeils high note, which is masterpiece all on its own. Im super picky with bridges in general though, so I would agree that I cant think of many great bridges off the top of my head from this year (not that I can think of many from other years but still).

daesuki

์ด ๋น„๊ฐ€ ๊ทธ์น  ๋• ๊ฐ์ž ์žˆ๋˜ ๊ณณ์—์„œ
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I don't think I've been hearing that many bad bridges in kpop? I also don't think they're that boring? Maybe it's because this year I'm sticking to my faves and not really branching out.

I quite liked BTS's ON's bridge, which is one of the few reasons why I love that song. GOT7's Not By The Moon bridge was a bit short and kind of morphed into a dance break, but it wasn't that bad. Kick It's bridge wasn't bad, and I love the note placement (is that what you call it?) in it. I really loved Dr. BeBe's bridge. It's a rap, but it's pretty catchy and even my roommate likes it, and she hates anything to do with kpop. Scream's bridge was really good. It added a kind of a still eerieness to the song.

TRAUMATHON

summer breeze
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
deobi <3
Pronouns
they/he
i'm not too picky when it comes to bridges, but i agree with you on (g)i-dle's oh my god. shuhua's verse just sounded like any other verse, not necessarily like a bridge. i was expecting something that would blow my mind, yet we just got a verse that could've been placed in any other part of the song.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Scream's bridge was really good. It added a kind of a still eerieness to the song.
i agree, idk how i forgot to mention it but scream's bridge is also really good, it really fits the song while really adding something to it (and siyeon's VOCALS kjhdfjhkds, dami's voice too)

yeji

โง@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden แƒฆ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I do think there has been a trend with bridges these days. I do miss the powehouse ones which just made the song even more full and intresting.
Still hopeful that the next red velvet title will serve us.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I do think there has been a trend with bridges these days. I do miss the powehouse ones which just made the song even more full and intresting.
Still hopeful that the next red velvet title will serve us.
fr!! red velvet always deliver on bridges - zimzalabim antis can say all they want but its bridge? god tier :sj_weary:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
I got tired of nearly every song that came out this year after barely a week. For most songs I only liked 1 verse or the bridge. 2020 so far was a disappointment

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
honestly i agree to some extent, but anyway the bridge to so what is simply amazing :sj_weary: it's probably my favourite bridge part in k-pop next to red light by f(x) and closer by oh my girl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread