COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Most ppl are lying to themselves about not caring about visuals (1 Viewer)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
SO MANY kpop fans claim to not care about visuals... and I just call total BS on that.

While I do think there are SOME fans out there for who visuals are of no importance....
I with my whole heart think they are of the minority.

Do you stan ANY idols who you do not find attractive?
If you don't... Boom, visuals play a part for you!

If you think all idols are attractive then... How do you know if visuals play a part for you?? You literally only stan idols whose visuals you LIKE!

Overall I think people fear admitting that they like idols for their visuals and some overall hate on visual stans which I find.... kinda disrespectful towards the idols who ARE in the groups for their visuals. That is just how it is. Some idols aren't in the groups for their vocal or rap or dance skills. They are in the group, because they are pretty and saying that you shouldn't stan idols for their visuals..... Is just straight up putting down them and their importance.

Looks are just as big of a part of kpop as talent and personality. "Useless" visuals are just as important and valuable in groups as the main vocals and dancers.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
THATS WHAT I KEEP TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE

it really just comes from the superiority they want to feel. oh look at me, im above petty things. im not superficial like a disgusting visual stan, i care about ~important~ and ~deep~ things like whether that one idol gave to charity five years ago or not. oh wont someone just pay attention to me already? look at how high and mighty i am!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
well i norm hate the idols i find ugly xD
and get annoyoed if i pull there cards
so yeh visuals are important

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Sometimes visuals are not strictly human beings, they are also MV's, settings, story, etc.
I think that Visuals are what it says on the title, 'visuals', so it is humans, the set, the MV, etc, so yes, Visuals are just as important.

Also, visuals can combine into the choreographies, I mean who doesn't like a good looking choreo? Kpop Idols are entertainers, so even if they are just a visual, they are still entertaining.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Its entertainment.
The Number of folks in that business who start fat, unattractive or old is tiny; you add female to that list and its even worse.. Tiny enough that many people know most of them. Take out people in bands or in some other way covered in groups you see the pattern. Even many who do see success early who are say chubby change that in most markets in the world

Yachii

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Hackers
To me personally, visuals play a role; but a very small one. I used to be a casual fan of imo one of the groups with the prettiest girls in kpop; Blackpink. I lost interest on them for the reason I most care about; music, they were deficient on releasing new material, I found their KTL song a little cringy imo, and overall, their genres and style weren't enough to keep my interest. With them was the time when I realized I care very little about visuals.

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Ngl, I do pay attention to more visual idols, like Sana has my heart sometimes. But like, I never found Ravi that attractive (literally almost everyone in VIXX looks better than him ^^') but he ended up my ult lmao so idk how much visual plays a role for me, it's definitely there tho

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I am someone who think everyone is beautiful and think that visuals don't matter. Obviously I will think think some are freaking sexy or cute but that doesn't have to do with their visuals but rather with how they show themselves as.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
I am someone who think everyone is beautiful and think that visuals don't matter. Obviously I will think think some are freaking sexy or cute but that doesn't have to do with their visuals but rather with how they show themselves as.
This is true and if you think about it, every person is a visual and bring something unique to their group.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Visuals only really play an intiial role for me like Hani was my bias initially based on visuals but when I got to know their personalities I ended up with Jeonghwa as my ultimate although some people are definitely lying with how important visuals are to them considering whenever an idol gets plastic surgery it becomes the talk of the town

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
None of my biases are classed as the 'visual' of their group. Though they are all very beautiful, and that doesn't go unnoticed.
But for me, the most important thing, and the biggest attraction is their talent.
I'm very drawn towards vocally talented idols (Taeyeon, IU, Wendy, Seulgi, Eyedi etc), and can easily listen to their vocals without focusing on their visuals.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I don't think there are any ugly idols at all though :dubuthink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread