- Joined
- 19 February 2019
- Messages
- 74,348
- Reactions Received
- 76,683
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 189,130
- Ship
- Wreck
Final 2 nominees revealed and still 30 minutes left... what?
Mamamoo vs Oh My Girl
I want YooA to hug me lolThat should be coming on Mnet channel any minute now
RIP Ozymandias too
I liked the performance but they didn't spend much on the final stage, compared to Destiny and Twilight, while other groups are going all out for their last performances, which is kinda puzzling to me. The girls still did good but Idk, maybe I expected it would look much grander in terms of set design and props and stuff![]()
Final 2 nominees revealed and still 30 minutes left... what?
Mamamoo vs Oh My Girl
How much time we have to wait until having the results ?
True but with live voting you need the spectacle to make a stronger impression. I loved the ropes they brought out initially but for long stretches of time, it was just them on an empty stage like a music show, in comparison, the AOA and IDLE stages look expensive af.Might have been because of Guerilla being about their journey so a heavy stage wouldn't have made as much sense
Yup no surprises lmao.MMM just won as expected
True but with live voting you need the spectacle to make a stronger impression. I loved the ropes they brought out initially but for long stretches of time, it was just them on an empty stage like a music show, in comparison, the AOA and IDLE stages look expensive af.
I'd have liked something more along the lines of Destiny/Twilight but well, seeing the spoiler, it doesn't matter lol.
Maybe before ? Japanese releases doesn’t need that much promotionI was expecting it since from the spoilers I saw there seemed to be a real emphasis on them in the episode to a point you could tell and as I predicted way back, they announced their comeback near the end of Queendom meanwhile Oh My Girls earliest possible would have been like February since Eternally is January
They're pretty heavily booked with concerts and stuff before so there really just isn't the time until things cooled offMaybe before ? Japanese releases doesn’t need that much promotion
Maybe March thenThey're pretty heavily booked with concerts and stuff before so there really just isn't the time until things cooled off
I was expecting it since from the spoilers I saw there seemed to be a real emphasis on them in the episode to a point you could tell and as I predicted way back, they announced their comeback near the end of Queendom meanwhile Oh My Girls earliest possible would have been like February since Eternally is January
They also had the most to lose and nothing much to gain coming into this compared to the other groups, so anything less than a win would be bad. I honestly don't believe they deserved to be 2nd in all preliminary rounds and have such a narrow gap with the first, they did fine but the other groups were giving their 200% and being creative, trying new things. Honestly, I'd rank OMG, IDLE and AOA the top 3 overall but once votes comprise such a huge percentage of the final results, it was obvious who would win.
They also had the most to lose and nothing much to gain coming into this compared to the other groups, so anything less than a win would be bad. I honestly don't believe they deserved to be 2nd in all preliminary rounds and have such a narrow gap with the first, they did fine but the other groups were giving their 200% and being creative, trying new things. Honestly, I'd rank OMG, IDLE and AOA the top 3 overall but once votes comprise such a huge percentage of the final results, it was obvious who would win.
@Hayabusa , watched them all finally, also what's up with the name changeComments on performances:
AOA- Sorry: At first I thought this was Mamamoo's performance since they have that western song, but no AOA went with western conceptAt first I was thinking that the performance might be too simple, but then there was great scene of Chanmi blackwidowing those guys and dance break after it, those were definitely my favorite parts. Overall good performance and styling was on point, but it sounded bit lipsynched to me and the song itself was bit simple- maybe lacked impact.
Lovelyz- Moonlight: I felt like there was disconnect between the stage and song. The song has this quite upbeat party feeling even bit tropical sounding to me when the concept was fantasy priestess with sad masks. Maybe it fits to lyrics, but i was bit lost. Choreo was good though.
Park Bom- I wanna go back: This stage just made me both emotional and in awe. The stage was made pretty epically and loved the storyline the performance had. And the styling of Bom was just mindblowing, red hair and that silver glitter dress damn. I did hope that we would see 2NE1 members too, but that was just small hope so I'm not too disappointed on them being just referenced. There seemed to be some issues with performance, like she tried to get in-ear to.. well in her ear couple times, but it didn't bother too much.
OMG- Guerilla: This was one that I was looking forward to most and it didn't disappoint me. It seems like they were some kind of fantasy sea creatures, probably sirens. At the beginning one of them was captured by sailors but others broke her free and then they started seducing and slaying. OMG can be rly badass while staying with their concept, that's pretty cool. And the vocal though! And i didn't even mention the ropes and styling, but both were on point. Like I said can't fault this.
G-IDLE- Lion: Damn they had whole narration fairytale in the beginningThe outfits on this concept were bit interesting, you got mix of tribal stuff, european mediaval stuff and ancient greek gladiators
They were really badass through-out and the performance was very intriguing to me. In other hand I watched them right after Guerilla and I still think Guerilla was in another level for me. So amazing stuff from G-IDLE, but not winner stuff in this competition.
Mamamoo- Destiny: I liked how they had scaled this down a bit and made rly compact performance. There wasn't lot of change, but one coherent performance. I also liked how they weren't literal with wild west costumes, especially when AOA went with more literal route so although they somehow managed to do two western concept in one episode (which is amazing coincidence when western concept isn't that popular in kpop) it wasn't too similar. I wasn't fan of Ra-ta-ta-ta parts other than the one where they involved audience, but i think the choreo was best one.
Overall this was lot better than what we usually see at MAMA's. Girls, no Queens have absolutely slayed this whole show. My mood through the whole show has just been
I'm not sure how to rank these final performances yet other than that OMG's Guerilla is obviously #1.