COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Reality [Official] Queendom Thread (1 Viewer)

Who do you want to win?

• AOA

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • (G)I-dle

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Lovelyz

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Mamamoo

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Oh My Girl

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Park Bom

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
@Hayabusa , watched them all finally, also what's up with the name change :jisoosmh::jisoosmh:
Lol I didn't expect you to have OMG as your favorite performance seeing as their stage was pretty bare bones compared to others :yolk:
Although now that I think about it, I guess it did good to showcase the girls themselves as performers without too much smoke and mirrors.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Lol I didn't expect you to have OMG as your favorite performance seeing as their stage was pretty bare bones compared to others :yolk:
Although now that I think about it, I guess it did good to showcase the girls themselves as performers without too much smoke and mirrors.
Did we watch same stage? :jisoosmh: Barebones?

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Did we watch same stage? :jisoosmh: Barebones?
I mean compared to their Destiny and Twilight stages, or stuff like IDLE and AOA performances from the finale, OMG didn't use the dancers or props all that much except for a few times here and there lol. It was mostly just the girls by themselves.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I mean compared to their Destiny and Twilight stages, or stuff like IDLE and AOA performances from the finale, OMG didn't use the dancers or props all that much except for a few times here and there lol. It was mostly just the girls by themselves.
Ah i guess you are right. I was just thinking that you had ocean start, then whole rope performance, flickering lights part, and bringing dancers in with flags for bigger finish. So although it was just them most of the time I felt like they did lot during the performance ^^

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Ah i guess you are right. I was just thinking that you had ocean start, then whole rope performance, flickering lights part, and bringing dancers in with flags for bigger finish. So although it was just them most of the time I felt like they did lot during the performance ^^
I liked their performance obviously but yeah that was my point. They started off with that and they had dancers/flags towards the end, but other than that it was just them, albeit with that styling lol.
The fact that they still impressed so many people :sj_weary:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I wish these shows would stop with the fan votes.
Just chose a panel of judges and let these professionals decide who deserves to win.
The moment "normal" people can vote it becomes a popularity contest again and these are always unfair.
But they won't stop of course.
It's better for the ratings and buzz and makes it easier to rig the results.

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Okay, so I have decided to give an analysis, but I will be putting it in spoilers, so if people don't want to know what happens, then they don't have to look, but here is my analysis and I hope whoever reads it will enjoy it ^-^

So, first of all, I loved this whole show! The performances were great, the groups and Bom were great and in the end, I was happy with the result even though my favourites didn't win.
If Queendom was just 1 episode without getting to know the groups, then I would have said it was unfair and wasn't something that I would both with, especially since we all knew Mamamoo would win, but imo, since we got to see Mamamoo go through the same process as everyone else, I honestly didn't mind them winning and I'm happy for them, so congratulations to Mamamoo for winning!

The biggest shock to me is that (G)I-dle didn't come second and if you would have said at the beginning of the show, who would be the top 2 groups, I would have said Mamamoo in first and (G)I-dle in Second but that didn't happen and it was Oh My Girl who took second place and this made me happy.

I think that (G)I-dle are going to become a massive group, so I think they didn't really need to be in the top 2 and actually, their performance 'Lion' was my favourite performance of the night and Oh My Girl's 'Guerilla' was my second favourite performance of the night.

AOA's 'Sorry' performance was probably my 3rd favourite performance as I loved Chanmi's solo battle scene she had (That was amazing!) and Mamamoo's 'Destiny' was my 4th favourite, then it was Park Bom's and then Lovelyz, although I loved all of the performances.

I knew that Oh My Girl wouldn't win, even when they got called as the second 1st place contestant, but I am so proud of them for doing so well in the competition and I think that there are a lot more Miracles now than before Queendom happened.

All in all, I'm happy that I watched this series as it got me into groups that I have been avoiding lol I have a lot of respect for every group that took part and I'm so ready for a Queendom part 2 if there ever is one.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
At the very start of the show I was rooting for AOA because of reasons, but towards the end my heart was on Oh My Girl. I'm not bashing on MAMAMOO because they are very talented and really good, but Oh My Girl was like the underdogs, the maknaes of the show and they really proved that they are talented and their stage presence is no joke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread