Theme A (Youth)- Super Junior, Make You Smile 😄
Not gonna lie, this was pretty difficult to pick because Super Junior does normally have what I'd associate to be a youthful style, but I did eventually end up picking a song. There were two songs I was debating between choosing for this category (the other being Happiness) but I ultimately went with "Make You Smile" because it really gives me that youthful feeling of experiencing your first love or crush. As we grow older, love becomes more complicated and increasingly more difficult. When you are younger, however, the feeling of love is still pure and innocent, when the most satisfying feeling is to see the person you love smile. And this was the feeling that the song gives to me; of youthful, innocent love.
Theme B (Dreams) - SNSD, Into The New World 🌏
This song is the literal definition of "Dreams" to me and I feel as though it fits the theme perfectly. The MV depicts the girls pursuing and following their dreams, whatever they may be. Taeyeon and Sooyoung are pilots, Tiffany is building a motorcycle, Yoona is sewing, Yuri works at a coffee shop, Jessica and Sunny created graffiti (an artwork they are proud of), Seohyun is dancing ballet on a rooftop, and Hyoyeon is dancing popping in a stairwell. These are their dreams and aspirations, and during the duration of the video, we see their efforts and process of what they do to achieve these dreams. Only in the end of the video do we see these dreams "take off" as represented by the plane that finally flies. This shows that dreams are not simply intangible unachievable fantasies, but that in order to achieve them we must work for them to come true. This song has showed girls around the world that no matter who they are and what their dream is (as shown by the varied interests of the girls) that they can achieve them. It has become an anthem for girl groups and shows how powerful a person can be when they set their mind to something and follow their dreams.
Anyway that was long, sorry for that. lol this took so long to write, but I am pretty satisfied with it.