COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Game Playlist Game (1 Viewer)

perhapz

ab imo pectore
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
:pandalove:
YOUTH: Stray Kids - Miroh
-

"[...] There’s no way because it’s my first time
I was daring because it’s my first time
That it was my first time became a weapon
It’s my first time, my first time, all of them

Poison, trap, toadstool you can set them up
I’ll survive in the end, whatever it takes
I know yours traps, you set them up and I stomp on them tougher
There’s only one answer, you just have to open it

STRAY KIDS, WOO!
[...]"

The lyrics, as exposed above, reflect that our youth life is a path full of knowledge and learning (poison, trap, toadstool ou can set them up, I'll survive in the end, whatever irt takes), that we need to face it and learn from our mistakes and experiences (I was daring because it's my first time).
So, in the end, it's up to us overcome these obstacles and grow up to become strongminded people (there's only one answer, you just have to open it) e with our own personalities, forged by those obstacles!

-----------------------------------------------------------

DREAMS: fromis_9 - 22CENTURY GIRL

-

"[...]
Under the moonlight
That shines on me halfway
Want you tell me yeah
Rather than any other words
I’ll tell you that I like you

If you’re wandering somewhere in the future
I want to transcend time
Like those twinkling stars
I wanna cross the scattered dimensions
With you at the end of this road

Following the secret road
I see us in the shining mirror
I’m crossing this bridge like a dream
I’ll open the small door and run to you

I’ll give you love I’ll give you love [...]
"

It tells a story of a young girl that dreams to confess her feelings to her loved one (under the moonlight that shines on me halfway, want you tell me yeah, rather than any other words, I'll tell you that I like you).
She is daring to transcend time and space and face any adversities to accomplish this, only to be closer to this person (If you're wandering somewhere in the future, I want to transcend time like those twinkling stars, I wanna cross the scattered dimensions with you at the end of this road).
She's willing to give up on everything from her current reality to cross this bridge/obstacle between them and give love while being loved, forever (I'm crossing this bridge like a dream, I'll open the small door and run to you, I'll give you love).

Yolks

✦ Hwang Hyunjin ✦
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I'm so sorry, I think I missed the notification :yolk:

Youth and Dream both fit so well for NCT DREAM, and it was difficult choosing which one to do for them :maheart:
THEME YOUTH: "WE YOUNG" - NCT DREAM

We just wanna have fun
Cause' we hot and we young

Be with me today, it'll be alright
The sky is bright and blue

My mood is up and excited
Doesn't it feel like something good will happen?

We'll dance, with my excited feet, I'll go closer to you
I'll always be your eternal friend

Underneath the sunlight
So what We hot
We young
Don't worry
So what We hot
We young

Just for today, we're free (Here we go)
Hands up in the air
Rainbow lights in the sky
Even the popcorn clouds
We Young

The song is very carefree and youthful, and NCT Dream themselves consist of members who are teenagers, adding even more to the light & playful concept. The lyrics draw a picture of the boys having fun in a tropical setting with "rainbow lights in the sky" and "popcorn clouds." This song just screams YOUTH, and this theme was made for them :queen:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THEME DREAM: "HEART" - IU

When I saw the theme, the first thing that came into my mind was that a cute & light song would be perfect for this. Although the lyrics for this song has nothing to do with dreaming, I think that the instrumentals and IU's soft voice really goes well with the theme^^

Last edited:

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
VOTING PHASE
Group 1: @lalaloveloona @wayvoutsold @NogaNono @taemkitten @lexusuwu
please vote here:
LINK

Group 2: @Crackhead @AnotherKpopTrash @perhapz @Yolks
please vote here:
LINK

How voting will work:
- Number the songs 1 to (number depending on how many people are in the group) with the highest number pointing to which song you like the most
- Ignore your own song by numbering it with a 0

- At the end of the voting round, the user with the least amount of points in each group will be eliminated
- The user with the highest average amount of points will be granted immunity

- Please judge based on a mixture of how much you like the song and how well the song fits the theme
- You may vote for the group you aren't in if you want to, but it is not required
- The specific numbers will be in the voting form, but if there are any questions, please lmk :pepecheer:

For ease, user entries will be in the spoilers below
Theme A - iKON & My Type

You’re my type
You’re my type
Even if you don’t say anything, I have a feeling
From your head to your toes, everything
You’re my type
When I look at you
I want you so bad I go crazy
I think about you even right before I go to sleep pow
Your sneakers under your thin ankles
A perfect harmony with your denim skinny jeans
Under your slightly big cardigan
Your falling, long, straight hair is so pretty
Your shy eye smile, the look on your face
When you space out
It all looks so pretty to me, it makes my heart tremble
Why did you come now? You’re my type

This is the first part of the song. My Type is more or less about first love, having a crush. It really is a nice, positive song that shows iKON youthful charms. Not only are the lyrics potraying this, the instrumental is light, the mv shows iKON being in the glory of their youth

Theme B - Red Velvet & I Just

1. The song is one of theirs that sounds quite dreamy. The instrumental is like making you go into a trance
This story isn’t over yet
It remains here, empty like this

Ah-y-ah Y-ah Y-ah Y-ah-y
I just leave I I just leave I
Ah-y-ah Y-ah Y-ah Y-ah-y
I just leave I I just

The chorus and end just sounds from vocals to the instrumental like a dream.

3. Seulgi's Vocals will bring you the most beautiful dream

Theme A: Day6-Dance Dance

I chose this song because it gives off a young, carefree vibe. This was also made during their second year. It talks about just being free and having fun.

Theme B: Loona/Odd Eye Circle-Loonatic

This song is in the genre dream pop, which includes dreamlike synths and beats. The lyrics are about reminiscing about someone you once loved, written as if they were dreaming about them.

Theme A (Youth)- Super Junior, Make You Smile 😄

Not gonna lie, this was pretty difficult to pick because Super Junior does normally have what I'd associate to be a youthful style, but I did eventually end up picking a song. There were two songs I was debating between choosing for this category (the other being Happiness) but I ultimately went with "Make You Smile" because it really gives me that youthful feeling of experiencing your first love or crush. As we grow older, love becomes more complicated and increasingly more difficult. When you are younger, however, the feeling of love is still pure and innocent, when the most satisfying feeling is to see the person you love smile. And this was the feeling that the song gives to me; of youthful, innocent love.

Theme B (Dreams) - SNSD, Into The New World 🌏

This song is the literal definition of "Dreams" to me and I feel as though it fits the theme perfectly. The MV depicts the girls pursuing and following their dreams, whatever they may be. Taeyeon and Sooyoung are pilots, Tiffany is building a motorcycle, Yoona is sewing, Yuri works at a coffee shop, Jessica and Sunny created graffiti (an artwork they are proud of), Seohyun is dancing ballet on a rooftop, and Hyoyeon is dancing popping in a stairwell. These are their dreams and aspirations, and during the duration of the video, we see their efforts and process of what they do to achieve these dreams. Only in the end of the video do we see these dreams "take off" as represented by the plane that finally flies. This shows that dreams are not simply intangible unachievable fantasies, but that in order to achieve them we must work for them to come true. This song has showed girls around the world that no matter who they are and what their dream is (as shown by the varied interests of the girls) that they can achieve them. It has become an anthem for girl groups and shows how powerful a person can be when they set their mind to something and follow their dreams.

THEME A: f(x) - "Gangsta Boy"

While every mother and father want their daughter to have great grades and (if they allow her to date) date a respectable young man, the girls sing of their "gangsta boy" and the poor grades their parents are looking down on. They don't care, however, because youth is a time for letting loose, being free, and enjoying life - even if it means your prince is a gangsta boy. The song's beat is lively and allows the story to be told on top of it, followed by expression in the lyrics that elludes to carefree youth just doing what they want to do (even at the price of their friends' disapproval and brother's warning to punch out the boy).

THEME B: SHINee - "Dream Girl"

Although it should go without saying (and was quite the obvious choice to fit the theme), SHINee's "Dream Girl" signifies everyone's greatest happiness in finding their special someone, that perfect person, only to awake from a night's dream-filled sleep to the dream lover gone. The lyrics capture the feeling of chasing after that perfect person, everything about them so beautiful and so realistic - but just as you go to kiss them, they've disappeared and you've awoken yet again from your dream world in which they exist.
"Your face is still so clear
The heat of your hand that I held is still warm
You come to me at night but disappear in the morning
I can't just let you go like this every day

Baby I know this is all a dream but
Baby, oh please, don't leave me"

While the lyrics continue to speak of this "dream girl" existing only in a headspace during night time sleep, the song continues on in a manner that transfers the "dream" to the girl herself, and not just the world.

"Hold on for a moment, this isn't a dream
That dazzling smile, that's definitely you
My heart makes me go after you in secret
The moment you turn the corner
You disappear like a dream

From your head to your toes, you're the one and only girl
From one to a hundred, I treat you gently
The day you chose me is when the world stops
You're my world "

She becomes his dream girl - the only girl for him, the perfect girl - but one he can't reach in his reality, so he waits for her to come to him every night in his dreams so that he can be with her again.

Theme A: EXID - I feel good

"Never stop the music,
let’s go till the end today
Please don’t stop the music,
up high to the sky
Put your hands up and
grab onto the end of the night Oh let me go

Now I feel good, I feel good
Today won’t come again baby
Feel good with me right now
You can’t if it isn’t right now
I feel good good good tonight"

I feel like this song fits the the youth theme a bit. In the MV you can see a few of the girls at some sort of job. When they're done doing their work for the day, they end up heading out to party. Hence, driving like a maniac down the road (👀) and sneaking into a club to dance and have some fun. Then they end up passing out at the end. Basically, they go from having their normal adult life to feeling young again while partying in a random club they break into.

Theme B: Winner - Go Up

"We walked endlessly
Following the faraway
and smiling light Wanting to
Get out of the darkness and smile brightly as well"

"I dream but I don’t sleep
I sell my youth for success
Pieces of glass in my shoes
Everytime I walk, I make stamps with red ink, right
Even if friendship is ripped in half
Fond attachment will remain
I step on top of them but support them at the same time
We’ll link all 110 fingers and go up, go up
We came up without fear
Chasing after the shining stars above
Because I wanted to shine like the
stars of the dark night sky
I go up on the narrow staircase"

For the dream concept, I went with this song. This song was performed by Winner (Team A) during Mix and Match. This song is a good depiction of how not only Winner, but how a lot of idols are fighting for their dreams. They're showing that they don't want to be afraid and that they'll do anything they can to obtain the dreams they've always wanted. It also expresses that idols have to give up their own youth and dedicate it to training and/or the idol life.
The lyrics "chasing after the shining stars above because I wanted to shine like the stars of the dark night sky" can be interpreted as wanting to become a star, wanting to get your name known, and even another way of finally obtaining the dream you've always wanted to achieve.

THEME A: YOUTH Twice - Young & Wild

The reason I went with this song because they're speaking about youth today.
So many people worry about stuff and school in general sucks and gives a lot of stress, work etc.
We all have so many things to worry about in life
But you know, we are young & wild
Enjoy, and feel special
Because there’s nothing stopping us

They also worry about what should they wear hence the lyrics:
What fashion is it today again
Regardless of what is wore, new collection
This is my satisfaction
All the stress from yesterday fly away

The song is speaking while at the same time about being young and to not stress about your life right now and live freely also is speaking about self confidence.
Passion with self-confidence
Actions that have no boundaries

We are young & wild
I want to live life my way, I don’t care
Following the path where my legs take me
Leave it freely to your body

We are young & wild
Like fire that is hot and bright
We are burning up
You know it, all of it

All in all, it's a really good song saying, relax and have fun, you still have time for the stuff that will come.
Also to live your life YOUR way not anyone's else. Wherever your "legs" take you to what path you want you will succeed. With patience comes success.
Also I would say that the wild part means to be more free spirited rather than kinda locked up with stress, boundaries etc.

THEME B: DREAMS EXO - She's dreaming

Chen's quote to this song he wrote~
"I am the moon, the moon that can help to dream. Even though we always dream, the possibility of us remembering about those dreams are very low. I used that to show the love between a man and woman. I am the moon, and I have a woman I love; therefore, this moon approaches the woman through her dreams. Even though she sees the moon through her dreams, she always forgets about the moon because it was all a dream. She knows she dreamed, but she would never remember what it was about. It’s sad to say, but because the moon loves the woman, he would keep approaching the woman through her dreams, hoping that one day, she would remember him."

It's lyrics are made by Chen.
Basically about a girl who he couldn't get close to, like the distance from the Moon.
I'm sure everyone felt like this once or twice in their life with anyone they crushed on~.
It's a really nice song and I suggest y'all listen to it~

THEME A: YOUTH - Rough

I’m wandering unable to approach you
Although I like you I’m looking elsewhere
The more we try to get close
The more our hearts grow further
We are revolving because we can’t meet
We are like parallel lines
No way, we will meet
I will always wait

I wasn’t able to tell you but I liked you
Like a dream from the younger days, like a miracle
If I could run through time and become an adult
I will hold your hand in this cruel world

I try to approach you but we keep missing each other
I’m still unable to say that I like you
When I see you hesitate
I guess we are still too young

Promise me this I hope you don’t change
Smile at me then like you do now
If time goes by and I become an adult
Amidst the divergence, I will hold your hand

From what I can see, this song talks about young lost love that never was. And the yearning you feel for what you lost, but perhaps without the power at that age to find it again. And the hope that things will be different and maybe even pursued again when you become an adult.

The setting and sound of the song also gives the impression of a youthful drama.

THEME B: DREAMS - We Are Bulletproof Pt. 2

The name is Jung Kook, my scale is nationwide
I pulled all-nighters at practice rooms
instead of school, dancing and singing
When you guys partied,
I gave up sleep for my dreams
I spent all night holding a pen,
closing my eyes only after the morning sun rises
My limit was broken in the
double standards and many oppositions
But I got lucky and was contacted by an agency
All you who are called rappers because you can’t sing,
the rapper title is an extravagance for you
Look at my profile, there’s nothing there yet
Still a trainee and rapper man,
yeah I do know that’s nothing
I contemplated a lot but now I don’t need anything
You’re still an amateur,
I’m in the majors, hope you’ll rot like that
Rap Monster, like my name,
I can eat up any kind of beat like a monster
I’m loyal to my name, guys come here, take a preview,
I put a twist to being an idol
Haha, hyungs who only had hip-hop pride
told me it’d be impossible but
Look carefully, I place a period after impossible
I’m possible, now are we all set, boy?

In this song, they reference the times when they were unknown youths with a dream. They mention the difficulties they faced before becoming an idol, telling us that following your dreams isn't all glitz and glam, it's a lot of hardwork and sacrifice and there may even be doubts from others. But things are all worth it after you've made it because the hard times made you better and stronger.

Theme A: Stray Kids - Miroh

"[...] There’s no way because it’s my first time
I was daring because it’s my first time
That it was my first time became a weapon
It’s my first time, my first time, all of them

Poison, trap, toadstool you can set them up
I’ll survive in the end, whatever it takes
I know yours traps, you set them up and I stomp on them tougher
There’s only one answer, you just have to open it

STRAY KIDS, WOO!
[...]"

The lyrics, as exposed above, reflect that our youth life is a path full of knowledge and learning (poison, trap, toadstool ou can set them up, I'll survive in the end, whatever irt takes), that we need to face it and learn from our mistakes and experiences (I was daring because it's my first time).
So, in the end, it's up to us overcome these obstacles and grow up to become strongminded people (there's only one answer, you just have to open it) e with our own personalities, forged by those obstacles!

Theme B: Fromis_9 - 22Century Girl

"[...] Under the moonlight
That shines on me halfway
Want you tell me yeah
Rather than any other words
I’ll tell you that I like you

If you’re wandering somewhere in the future
I want to transcend time
Like those twinkling stars
I wanna cross the scattered dimensions
With you at the end of this road

Following the secret road
I see us in the shining mirror
I’m crossing this bridge like a dream
I’ll open the small door and run to you

I’ll give you love I’ll give you love [...]
"

It tells a story of a young girl that dreams to confess her feelings to her loved one (under the moonlight that shines on me halfway, want you tell me yeah, rather than any other words, I'll tell you that I like you).
She is daring to transcend time and space and face any adversities to accomplish this, only to be closer to this person (If you're wandering somewhere in the future, I want to transcend time like those twinkling stars, I wanna cross the scattered dimensions with you at the end of this road).
She's willing to give up on everything from her current reality to cross this bridge/obstacle between them and give love while being loved, forever (I'm crossing this bridge like a dream, I'll open the small door and run to you, I'll give you love).

THEME YOUTH: "WE YOUNG" - NCT DREAM

We just wanna have fun
Cause' we hot and we young

Be with me today, it'll be alright
The sky is bright and blue

My mood is up and excited
Doesn't it feel like something good will happen?

We'll dance, with my excited feet, I'll go closer to you
I'll always be your eternal friend

Underneath the sunlight
So what We hot
We young
Don't worry
So what We hot
We young

Just for today, we're free (Here we go)
Hands up in the air
Rainbow lights in the sky
Even the popcorn clouds
We Young

The song is very carefree and youthful, and NCT Dream themselves consist of members who are teenagers, adding even more to the light & playful concept. The lyrics draw a picture of the boys having fun in a tropical setting with "rainbow lights in the sky" and "popcorn clouds." This song just screams YOUTH, and this theme was made for them :queen:

THEME DREAM: "HEART" - IU

When I saw the theme, the first thing that came into my mind was that a cute & light song would be perfect for this. Although the lyrics for this song has nothing to do with dreaming, I think that the instrumentals and IU's soft voice really goes well with the theme^^

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Cool! I’m gonna listen to all the song entries and see which one fits the theme most, and then I will vote!~ btw if I get eliminated can I still vote for other people or is it only for those still competing?

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
voted

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
Cool! I’m gonna listen to all the song entries and see which one fits the theme most, and then I will vote!~ btw if I get eliminated can I still vote for other people or is it only for those still competing?
yup you can still vote once youre eliminated!

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
SCORES

Group 1:
Theme A: 20
Theme B: 16
Total Score: 20 + 16 = 36
Theme A: 16
Theme B: 12
Total Score: 16 + 12 = 28
Theme A: 13
Theme B: 21
Total Score: 21 + 13 = 34
Theme A: 16
Theme B: 17
Total Score: 17 + 16 = 33
Theme A: 15
Theme B: 14
Total Score: 29

Group 2:
Theme A: 12
Theme B: 13
Total Score: 25
Theme A: 11
Theme B: 9
Total Score: 20
Theme A: 9
Theme B: 12
Total Score: 21
Theme A: 12
Theme B: 10
Total Score: 22

Unfortunately, these scores mean that @wayvoutsold for group 1 and @AnotherKpopTrash for group 2 have been eliminated
Thank you guys for playing, despite being eliminated, the songs you submitted were really good and I enjoyed listening to them!
If the two of you would still like to receive tags for future voting rounds, please let me know!

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
ROUND 2
THEME A: HOE ANTHEMS
THEME B: SLOW DANCES

Once again, please enter your songs through this format:
Theme A - Artist & Song Name
[MV]
*Explanation of why the song fits the theme*

Theme B - Artist & Song Name
[MV]
*Explanation of why the song fits the theme*

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I'd like to be tagged still. I'm kinda relieved actually. I should've picked groups I knew better, cause finding songs was too much effort. :pepeslippy:

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
I'd like to be tagged still. I'm kinda relieved actually. I should've picked groups I knew better, cause finding songs was too much effort. :pepeslippy:
i knew you weren't a buddy :maheart:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well, that was a fun first round!~ I feel like these themes are slightly more suited to my groups though. Super Junior is all about the sexy songs, so plenty of hoe anthems to choose from. I don’t know which one to go with. XD Slow Dances might be trickier but I’m sure SNSD has one that is good. Good luck to everyone. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread