Ranking NCT's rappers (OT21 edition) (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
NCT is my favorite current boy group so much so that I've started referring to Kpop as NCTPop, @Yolks and @yoda_tato would agree :taesip:

But I'll preface this by saying I haven't listened to every rap verse by every NCT member ever, so don't take this as an objective ranking. Personal tastes and all that.

Not ranked: Jaehyun- Part time rapper, so obviously his strengths lie elsewhere.

9. Jisung- Similar to Jaehyun, his skills lie elsewhere. Dancing is where he excels, and I feel he's a rapper coz he needs to have some lines. Most of these are just fast talking/singing.

8. Winwin- Just hasn't had a lot of chances to show off his skills, and similar to Jisung, he's not really a rapper. Just someone who occasionally raps. That being said, I do enjoy hearing more of him in WayV songs but it's not enough.

7. Jeno- He's decent enough I guess, ever since Mark left Dream, he's gotten more lines to show off his rap, and for an idol rapper, I find him strictly okay. He's not a vocalist so has to rap, and does okay with it but nothing outstanding. Idk if we'll ever see him have a standout verse but it doesn't take away from the song.

6. Hendery- His visuals are a bigger appeal than his rap imo, and that's not a bad thing. I saw somewhere he was referred to as Winwin with slightly more lines and I'd agree. That being said I do prefer his voice/flow to Jeno.

5. Jaemin- The most confusing member to rank lmao. I've never been blown away by his rapping but something about his voice is really unique and I always remember his lines after every Dream song. And compared to the ones ranked below him, I do prefer him so there's that.

4. Lucas- Never thought he'd rank so high when I started making the list LOL but it's more to do with him and the ones below him not being proper rappers. Still, his deep voice suits rapping pretty well and he gets the catchy lines so that helps.

3. Mark- Might come as a surprise since he'd be #1 for most people lmao. Anyway, lemme just say that the gap between #3 and #4 is a LOT bigger than between #4 and #9 lmao. Mark is an actual rapper, amazing diction, always has standout verses. I just think he needs a little more variety in his style and he'd move up.

2. Taeyong- Extremely unique and divisive voice, but he can pull off a wide range of raps which puts him slightly above Mark in my book. Also his voice just complements NCT music style so well, they go hand in hand. And his Mad City verse is my fav NCT rap ever so.

1. Yangyang- Compared to Mark and TY, he hasn't had that many chances, but ever since I first heard him, I've been really impressed. I love hearing his Chinese raps :sj_weary: After checking out the latest WayV album, I have to say I prefer his style and flow the most. Hoping we hear more from him like we do from TY.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Woah I had no idea you liked NCT... especially not that they were your current fave bg!
And I don't know anything about rap technique so as long as they sound good to my ears, I'm happy. So that said, I think your list is pretty accurate to how I would rate them also. You forgot Ten and Johnny who also rap lol
I think I would include Ten since even though his singing is better than his rapping, I actually love hearing him rap in their songs. I would actually rank him above Jaemin and maybe just below or same level as Lucas. Also, I also agree with Taeyong being above Mark but everyone says Mark is the most talented rapper in NCT... But yeh, your list is similar to mine.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Woah I had no idea you liked NCT... especially not that they were your current fave bg!
And I don't know anything about rap technique so as long as they sound good to my ears, I'm happy. So that said, I think your list is pretty accurate to how I would rate them also. You forgot Ten and Johnny who also rap lol
I think I would include Ten since even though his singing is better than his rapping, I actually love hearing him rap in their songs. I would actually rank him above Jaemin and maybe just below or same level as Lucas. Also, I also agree with Taeyong being above Mark but everyone says Mark is the most talented rapper in NCT... But yeh, your list is similar to mine.
Intellectual leader :nakypog::sj_weary:
Yeah technique and all is great, but how I eventually decide is who sounds better to my ears lol. I didn't include Ten coz he's basically main/lead vocal in WayV lmao but yeah he can still rap better than some. Forgot about Johnny :jisoosmh::yolk:

And yes, I just don't show off my NCT love coz I'm always repping girl groups lol. I've been a fan since Boss, after which I went back and watched their earlier stuff too :sanapray:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Suzy

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
My sleep deprived brain thought you were @RandAlThor and I was confused as hell :haylul:
But I kind of agree with your list. For me I would put Mark above Taeyong since he has better and clearer pronunciation but I understand why you put them that way. Also happy to see Yangyang getting more credit
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
My sleep deprived brain thought you were @RandAlThor and I was confused as hell :haylul:
But I kind of agree with your list. For me I would put Mark above Taeyong since he has better and clearer pronunciation but I understand why you put them that way. Also happy to see Yangyang getting more credit
Yeah I think Mark has better flow while TY has better range but can't go wrong with either one really :sanapray:
Yangyang is such an ace, great dancer too and can sing as well like in his recent Station song, multilingual king :sj_weary:
Stan Yangyang der kaiser :queen:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah I think Mark has better flow while TY has better range but can't go wrong with either one really :sanapray:
Yangyang is such an ace, great dancer too and can sing as well like in his recent Station song, multilingual king :sj_weary:
Stan Yangyang der kaiser :queen:
Yangyang is one of my favs :maheart:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yangyang is one of my favs :maheart:
In Turn Back Time, I was watching color coded lyrics and singing along lol. No problem.
Then Yangyang's part comes and :wimwim::jisoosmh::umjicry:

Finally Kun slows it down and I can follow along again :yolk:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,676
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,863
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
My sleep deprived brain thought you were @RandAlThor and I was confused as hell :haylul:
But I kind of agree with your list. For me I would put Mark above Taeyong since he has better and clearer pronunciation but I understand why you put them that way. Also happy to see Yangyang getting more credit
lol
most of the nct stuff i like title wise is super old.
chewing gum
7th
without u
maybe boss.
ill go back and listen too.
now this ill watch these 2 more than the most of the songs ;)



 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka and Darkseid

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
lol
most of the nct stuff i like title wise is super old.
chewing gum
7th
without u
maybe boss.
ill go back and listen too.
now this ill watch these 2 more than the most of the songs ;)

Yeah NCT stuff seems so much not your type that I was highly confused what was going on :haylul:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
lol
most of the nct stuff i like title wise is super old.
chewing gum
7th
without u
maybe boss.
ill go back and listen too.
now this ill watch these 2 more than the most of the songs ;)



You might like some WayV titles, in a way they give me old school TVXQ 2nd gen vibes :susPepe:
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,676
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,863
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
You might like some WayV titles, in a way they give me old school TVXQ 2nd gen vibes :susPepe:
pretty much soured on China after hong kong.... i am kinda done not sure what i want to do going forward.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
pretty much soured on China after hong kong.... i am kinda done not sure what i want to do going forward.
Well I understand that :yolk:
But if you do get curious, these 2 songs do give off that 2nd gen classic SM feel:


 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread