COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Tourney SHINee B-Side Tournament Group Stage - Group K (1 Viewer)

What songs are your favorite? (3 choices allowed)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
シャイニーワールド
Pronouns
he/him/twin
group stage.png

Welcome to SHINee b-side tournament! This thread is for Group K of the group stage.
┌──────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────────────────┐

└──────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────────────────┘

RULES AND GUIDELINES:

- Voting is multiple choice up to 3 tracks. You don't have to pick all 3 but that is strongly advised.
- It will last 48 hours from the time this thread is posted. The poll will be closed 19th of June (Sunday) at 3:25 PM KST.
- If you wish you can of course share what songs you voted for and why - discussions are encouraged!
- Song reviews, ratings and/or rankings are also allowed as long as they are kept respectful.
- Embed videos to every song are provided below, in case it's a Japanese song a lyric video will also be linked even if there's an official audio format because they are blocked in some countries.
- If a Korean song is blocked for you, let us know in the comments, or please look up a different fan upload by yourself.
-
Even if you know the songs listening to all of them again before casting your final vote is essential in getting the most accurate results.

group k.png

Boys Will Be Boys
JUMP
Gentleman
Every Time
Area
Honesty
Y_O_U (Year Of Us)
WOWOWOW
An Ode To You
Wishful Thinking
You & I
Punch Drunk Love
An Encore
Clue

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Boys Will Be Boys- I hate that they made a song about this ngl, but I’ll just talk about the song itself. It’s quite catchy. I love the instrumental, and the vocals are pleasing. This album has some bops for sure. 8/10
JUMP-I love this song (okay, I love the whole album). It’s got a nice vibe, I’m not sure why but it just does. I love the vocals and effects, and the instrumental is good. 8.5/10
Gentleman- it’s too repetitive for me tbh, but it’s still somewhat catchy. 6/10
Every Time- It’s fun, and catchy, but not outstanding. Still a solid bop though. 7/10
Area- Eh, it’s okay. Not amazing, though I like the chorus. 6/10
Honesty- For a ballad it’s not bad, 6.5/10
Y_O_U (Year Of Us)- It’s decent, I don’t think it’s playlist worthy, but it’s very close. 6.5/10
WOWOWOW- It’s a weird song but one I love. The effects are fun, and it’s so catchy. 8.5/10
An Ode To You- It’s slow but pretty slow (like it sounds pretty not is relatively slow). I listen to it often enough and am not bored of it yet. I especially love when it picks up. 8/10
Wishful Thinking- it feels all over the place tbh. Sometimes I like that but not in this case. 3/10
You & I- another slow song I actually like. A good solid 8/10
Punch Drunk Love- It’s kind of boring tbh, after a good start. But it isn’t terrible by any means, it has some redeeming qualities, just not enough 5/10
An Encore- another ballad, it’s not bad just not great. It’s quite boring to me. 5.5/10
Clue- It’s the same as note to me, it just feels weird when listening to Sherlock so much. I do like it more than Note I think. 7/10

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
シャイニーワールド
Pronouns
he/him/twin
Amazing/great tierlist:

An Encore - one of their best ballads ever in my honest opinion, the melodies both the instrumental and their voices create are so pretty, plus this song is literally the perfect encore song together with Selene and both are special :kittylove:10/10

You & I
- probably one of my favorite songs from 2018 onwards, it's magical, it sounds as beautiful as its meaning is :sadcat: the reverb here works really well with their vocals and enhances them 9/10

Honesty - I love how stripped back this is, it's basically an acoustic guitar with their vocals and it sounds beautiful, their voices often makes the song for me so to have this is great, no need for fancy instrumental or effects, on top of that it's written for us by Jonghyun, he always writes the best songs :')) 9/10

Good tierlist:

Area - I didn't really like it at first when it came out and it's still one of my least favorite songs of the DCM/Atlantis album but it has grown and given the fact Minho wrote the lyrics for it with other SHINee and Jonghyun song titles/references is sweet 7/10

Ok tierlist:

Every Time
- again not my favorite but it's pretty catchy with a retro musical/jazz vibe and it's one of the last OT5 songs so I'll give it a 6.5/10

Clue
- I never listen to Clue nor Note separately so it does sound a bit weird knowing Sherlock which is imo better combined, and I think I like Note a tiny bit better 6/10

Gentleman -
I actually quite like it :tencreep: but maybe because I listened to the Five album nonstop all year in 2017 when it came out and it's my favorite Japanese album by them. Although this one doesn't stand on the same level as many of the other songs on it. G E N T L E M A N 6/10

Punch Drunk Love
- it's funky, quite fun and has some catchy bits but still one of my least favorite songs from the Misconception series which is a shame since that album is among my all time favorites overall 5.5/10

An Ode To You - it's pretty but a bit too slow for me, the part when it picks up is great though I wish it picked up earlier or had something more going on until then, now it feels somewhat too dragged out but it's still not bad 5.5/10

JUMP -
I used to almost skip it, it grew on me somewhat since then, not among my favorite songs but it's not bad, chill and laidback vibe is quite relaxing 5.5/10

Y_O_U (Year Of Us) - this one also somewhat grew on me throughout the years, it's definitely got an interesting feel and atmosphere to it, I think I like it until the chorus starts and the instrumental changes + the vocal melodies and the reverb just doesn't cut it for me to be more overall 5/10

Meh/skip tierlist:

Wishful Thinking - I didn't like it before either, still don't quite feel the chorus but verses are pretty cool, overall a bit better than Boys Will Be Boys so 4/10

Boys Will Be Boys
- it's one of those rare SHINee songs that I don't care for, it's not horrible but nothing stands out besides maybe the intro instrumental that was promising, it's then sprinkled in some other parts of the song but as a whole it doesn't work for me still 3.5/10

WOWOWOW
- ok I'm not gonna talk much about this, it's in the tier with Shout Out, Bounce and some other of the most questionable SHINee songs :pepecross: it would probably be a lot better without the overwhelming amount of autotune that just ruins the song for me 2/10

overall, this round has got quite a few songs that are either skips or just meh and not on my playlist, probably among 2 or 3 weakest groups but unlike many other rounds the choice here was easy so I'm not complaining that much. Quite clearly I voted An Encore, You & I and Honesty.

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
Voted.
My taste has def not been the same. XD

and idc how basic it makes me but I will always love CLUUUUUE :queen:

Kamistar

I'm gonna be a star
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo-L
Pronouns
She/her
Poll closed Yesterday at 3:25 AM

Nooooo :pepecry1:

Kamistar

I'm gonna be a star
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo-L
Pronouns
She/her
I'm sorry Clue :maheart:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
シャイニーワールド
Pronouns
he/him/twin
I'm sorry Clue :maheart:
twin the polls are closed but you can still vote for every group that you missed until the 24th 12am KST, just write all of your picks on the main thread or group threads I'll count the votes in :pepeheart:

Kamistar

I'm gonna be a star
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo-L
Pronouns
She/her
llama_twerk
Clue, Area, Every time @Lawol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread