A lot of them yes. Some legit are trying to make a change for the better for people who are big and have been big though no fault of their own. I just want to say I am all for plus size models that promote an active healthy life style. Most of the population is not at model size.
However there are some who, while being plus size models, shove the ideals forth of accepting an unhealthy life style. They've become to toxic with the idea eat what I want, exercise however - if I want. Claiming anything aimed at them is fatphobic in some way. Amusingly enough these woman that claim they are fat shamed and then go on shame skinny woman. They flaunt a really horrible life style while pretending nothing is wrong with it. Literally there is a model who claims it's fat shaming if you ask for a smaller slice of cake at a party. If you ask me morbidly obese woman are lucky, unlike under weight woman they will not forceably get tossed in a hospital till they loose weight.
It's bad to be underweight, and it's just as bad to be obese. It's bad to have under weight models, and it's bad to have morbidly obese models.
Now I am fat, I am let myself go, not eating right fat. My aunt was huge but she ate right worked recycling steel, and could take a flight of stairs fast unwinded. Only time she lost 20lbs is when she had breast cancer and they had to remove one of her boulders. So I understand both sides of the coin.