COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

So what do you guys think the Produce lineups would've looked like without the rigging? (1 Viewer)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
honestly does it really matter? screentime playes some part too so the ones shown alot would be voted on more anyway

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Honestly for IZ*ONE i think given the 20 finalist that is a pretty perfect 12.
I was not on board with Hyewon but she is this physical, clingy, quirky kid who just resonates with people.
would they have more vocal talent if ya swapped in Chowon ... certainly, but this team has remarkable chemistry.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Honestly for IZ*ONE i think given the 20 finalist that is a pretty perfect 12.
I was not on board with Hyewon but she is this physical, clingy, quirky kid who just resonates with people.
would they have more vocal talent if ya swapped in Chowon ... certainly, but this team has remarkable chemistry.
I think Mnet definitely took Miyu and Miho out of the top 12...

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think Wanna One line-up was perfect the way it was. They had such great chemistry as a group, anyone who has watched their variety, how they acted during concerts (I mean these boys played mafia backstage lmao) would know it well. I'll be honest though, there were members who I wasn't as fond of at first (mostly maknae line) but I grew to love them a lot.

And.. uh. I mean if there was indeed rigging, there'd be just one different member (if it's really true that Jonghyun got got rigged) but I'm 100% convinced that Pledis pulled him out on purpose and if they actually did, we'll never know which member was supposed to not make it, anyways. I really can't speak for X1 much although I find Minhee making it most suspicious.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
honestly does it really matter? screentime playes some part too so the ones shown alot would be voted on more anyway
Not really but I think it's fun to speculate plus if screen time was the only deciding factor then Mnet wouldn't of had to rig the votes in the first place...

Last edited:

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think Wanna One line-up was perfect the way it was. They had such great chemistry as a group, anyone who has watched their variety, how they acted during concerts (I mean these boys played mafia backstage lmao) would know it well. I'll be honest though, there were members who I wasn't as fond of (mostly maknae line) but I grew to love them a lot.

And.. uh. I mean if there was indeed rigging, there'd be just one different member (if it's really true that Jonghyun got got rigged) but I'm 100% convinced that Pledis pulled him out on purpose and if they actually did, we'll never know which member was supposed to not make it, anyways. I really can't speak for X1 much although I find Minhee making it most suspicious.
I've thought that Jonghyun was intentionally taken out since the season 2 finale and now that we have it confirmed that Mnet has definitely rigged the lineup of X1, I'm even more certain of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they took Baekho out too so that Pledis could have a NU'EST W...

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I've thought that Jonghyun was intentionally taken out since the season 2 finale and now that we have it confirmed that Mnet has definitely rigged the lineup of X1, I'm even more certain of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they took Baekho out too so that Pledis could have a NU'EST W...
Well, I'm freaking thankful if they did, Baekho is my NU'EST bias and I wouldn't want him to be stuck in a dungeon either. Without this NU'EST would have disbanded for sure. 100%, there's no denying to this. I mean the majority of people bitching about Jonghyun not making it don't even care about NU'EST or follow the group at all, they didn't care about NU'EST W either.... they just wanted Jonghyun to be in Wanna One for fame. But what happened to him is honestly the best outcome and even if Pledis indeed rigged it like that, it was good rigging at least.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think Mnet definitely took Miyu and Miho out of the top 12...
i do not think they ever had a shot. I would be more convinced they manipulated week 11 than week 12.

By making sure that 2/5th's of the finalist and 7 of the 12 in week 11 were j trainees they appeared 'fair' and stoked any nationalist sentiment at the same time. Also that group was old and looked it. They were not going to play well to a prime time show audience, which was necessary because Wonyoung was still 13. Having the entire vocal line to the Korean song all sung by j trainees also did not do them any favors. 5 AKB girls split the AKB vote.

Folks forget that the show aired more than 3 hours earlier than normal this also set up more casual Korean voters to support young pretty Koreans.
With how close it was basically a 500-1200 real time votes per rank above 14th.

also the mid show reveal has proved to be impactful in every season i watched.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Its extremly impossible to know
say the first round of votes were rigged the members who left could all been the true finale line up

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Its extremly impossible to know
say the first round of votes were rigged the members who left could all been the true finale line up
True. The fact that the rigging on PDX101 started on episode 2 really makes you lose hope in the whole process.

Do you guys think it's been like this since season 1 or did Mnet just get too cocky with the amount of rigging they thought they could get away with?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
S1 Yeonjung is the contender for the mnet fix (which is sad because she was so good throughout the show.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
honestly knowing the possible trainees that could have been in the group I feel like X1 turned out for the better. I think it'll even be better for Jinhyuk if he was supposed to make it because he's getting a bunch of solo stuff and that'll help increase his name value

Also, the like 4 members i think got switched are ones I really like so I'm glad they got in 😂

Reactions Received
KS Coins
True. The fact that the rigging on PDX101 started on episode 2 really makes you lose hope in the whole process.

Do you guys think it's been like this since season 1 or did Mnet just get too cocky with the amount of rigging they thought they could get away with?
I think the first season they prob didnt rig as much maybe one member and then they were getting loads member didnt want then downhill from then
kim samuel i bet was meant for the finale line up

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think the first season they prob didnt rig as much maybe one member and then they were getting loads member didnt want then downhill from then
kim samuel i bet was meant for the finale line up
If he was meant to be rigged in, why MNET didn’t? Koreans didn’t want him in the final line-up and that’s the fact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread