- Joined
- 4 November 2018
- Messages
- 33,247
- Reactions Received
- 81,309
- Location
- Beat Interactive
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 13,036
- Fandom
- Choice
- Gender
- Male
- Pronouns
- He/Him
- Ship
One can hopeDon't hold your breath on that sis
One can hopeDon't hold your breath on that sis
Tbh I doubt he'll be charged, even if he is guilty. They'll somehow keep out of a cell.At this point i'm expecting this scandal to go all the way cause just when you think it might be calming down it speeds to the next part.
I was thinking more him getting taken to court for it since serving jail time would just be the outcome of that verdict and that'll be where they stop it.Tbh I doubt he'll be charged, even if he is guilty. They'll somehow keep out of a cell.
Don't jinx itI really hope with how bad this has gotten that it fills the quota of the year already
Tea.Can this end already so we can have a blackpink comeback :(
I have bad feeling that this will keep dragging on months and new stuff will come out both Seungri and YG wise still.. Usually court cases can take even years, so.. this can all be extremely exchausting. I'd hope that people are able to seperate these court cases of rest of artist though, it's not like other companies bullshit is being hold against their artists and it shouldn't be either. It'd be better if the media circling would calm around this a bit, since it's not doing any favors here.Can this end already so we can have a blackpink comeback :(
If that’s true, may those vips burn in hellits not prostitution... there are talks unconscious girls would be given to vips...
I'm pretty sure that Seungris scandal is being used to cover up other scandals going on in Korea so the media are probably being like it on purpose to make sure people only hear about Seungri and not about the other stuff.I have bad feeling that this will keep dragging on months and new stuff will come out both Seungri and YG wise still.. Usually court cases can take even years, so.. this can all be extremely exchausting. I'd hope that people are able to seperate these court cases of rest of artist though, it's not like other companies bullshit is being hold against their artists and it shouldn't be either. It'd be better if the media circling would calm around this a bit, since it's not doing any favors here.
From what I have seen, it's actually the other way around. They're reporting on nonsense news to cover up this Seungri scandal but netizens aren't falling for it this time. Not to mention, esteemed and trusted journalists and investigators are on this case so even with the new stations trying to hide it (Naver for instance), it's going to come out one way or another.I'm pretty sure that Seungris scandal is being used to cover up other scandals going on in Korea so the media are probably being like it on purpose to make sure people only hear about Seungri and not about the other stuff.
Mm, there has been talks forever how media uses idol scandals to cover up govermental stuff, but it's more of conspiracy theory i think and I'm not really believer in those.I'm pretty sure that Seungris scandal is being used to cover up other scandals going on in Korea so the media are probably being like it on purpose to make sure people only hear about Seungri and not about the other stuff.
While this whole scandal has been going on though there has been like 6 other scandals going on apparently that are also related to corruption or sexual abuse and YG has stocks in Naver so that isn't the most surprising thing.From what I have seen, it's actually the other way around. They're reporting on nonsense news to cover up this Seungri scandal but netizens aren't falling for it this time. Not to mention, esteemed and trusted journalists and investigators are on this case so even with the new stations trying to hide it (Naver for instance), it's going to come out one way or another.
Also right now, this is the biggest scandal in Korea. It's more than just some celebrity pimping girls. It involves corrupt police, prosectors etc. and it's a huge example of how money can buy anything. So Seungri's not even the main point of interest in this case. People are more upset about the police than anything and they want the truth. And rightfully so.
I think it's the other way around, actually. Naver has shares in YG. From what I can remember they invested like a 100 billion won in purchasing shares, which explains why they're trying so hard to cover up this scandal and protect YG's stocks from falling to an all time low. They're losing millions of dollars right now.While this whole scandal has been going on though there has been like 6 other scandals going on apparently that are also related to corruption or sexual abuse and YG has stocks in Naver so that isn't the most surprising thing.
Either way they're linked so what damages one will affect the other, so it's in both of their interests to try and cover it up.I think it's the other way around, actually. Naver has shares in YG. From what I can remember they invested like a 100 billion won in purchasing shares, which explains why they're trying so hard to cover up this scandal and protect YG's stocks from falling to an all time low. They're losing millions of dollars right now.
True. But I think Naver would give less of a shit since if it was YG holding shares in their company, they wouldn't be losing any money.Either way they're linked so what damages one will affect the other, so it's in both of their interests to try and cover it up.
Most articles (international) about Seungri's case do have Naver as source though so I'm not sure if they are really even deleting articles? In terms of english sources, I'm mostly trusting Soompi with this from news outlets, they seem to have quite neutral approach, most of other sites are too sensational for me and have even posted some misinformation or painted speculation as facts. In general I see just lot of sensationalist clickbait behavior and fearmongering in both korean and international media sites which has lead to some misinformation being spread. It doesn't help i have seen some of most trusted media in west making witchhunt of Pewdiepie using the most stupid misinformation as facts (New York Times and Wallstreet Journal), that I have lost recently lot of trust towards journalism in general.I think it's the other way around, actually. Naver has shares in YG. From what I can remember they invested like a 100 billion won in purchasing shares, which explains why they're trying so hard to cover up this scandal and protect YG's stocks from falling to an all time low. They're losing millions of dollars right now.
If you’re talking about the SOPA scandal, then that is being investigated as far as I know. And although it’s definitely a serious issue (especially considering it’s sexual assault of minors), it’s not being covered up and a lot of people are aware of it. Especially amongst those that follow entertainment news since it became a huge issue online because so many celebrities went to that school. It’s not something huge that needs to be covered up.While this whole scandal has been going on though there has been like 6 other scandals going on apparently that are also related to corruption or sexual abuse and YG has stocks in Naver so that isn't the most surprising thing.
There would still be how the public views them since they could be viewed as bad through association which is what happened to WWE with the Saudi stuff.True. But I think Naver would give less of a shit since if it was YG holding shares in their company, they wouldn't be losing any money.