News [Soompi] Seungri Booked On Charges Of Allegedly Violating Anti-Prostitution Law (3 Viewers)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Most articles (international) about Seungri's case do have Naver as source though so I'm not sure if they are really even deleting articles? In terms of english sources, I'm mostly trusting Soompi with this from news outlets, they seem to have quite neutral approach, most of other sites are too sensational for me and have even posted some misinformation or painted speculation as facts. In general I see just lot of sensationalist clickbait behavior and fearmongering in both korean and international media sites which has lead to some misinformation being spread. It doesn't help i have seen some of most trusted media in west making witchhunt of Pewdiepie using the most stupid misinformation as facts (New York Times and Wallstreet Journal), that I have lost recently lot of trust towards journalism in general.
I see what you mean and I share your sentiments on the international news outlet. Tbh I only posted this and my other threads on the matter once a Soompi article is up on it. I wouldn't trust other sources, especially sites like Koreaboo or AKP since they have been known to post rumors rather than facts.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
it’s a HUGE scandal no matter how much fans try to deny it. This isn’t just some random celebrity dating scandal used to cover up a political issue. This involves powerful figures as well as the law so it is a political issue in itself.
Tea. There's minority of VIPs going around that are kinda scaring me with the blind defending. At this rate, I don't know if that group of people would even admit to Seungri's fault if he does get charged and jailed.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,271
Reactions Received
76,674
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,950
Ship
Wreck
If you’re talking about the SOPA scandal, then that is being investigated as far as I know. And although it’s definitely a serious issue (especially considering it’s sexual assault of minors), it’s not being covered up and a lot of people are aware of it. Especially amongst those that follow entertainment news since it became a huge issue online because so many celebrities went to that school. It’s not something huge that needs to be covered up.

Fans keep trying to dismiss this scandal and keep trying to say its a cover up story for whatever, but it’s literally the biggest non-political scandal to hit the country in years. It doesn’t only involve sexual abuse, rape and assault. It also involves drugs, prostitution and corruption. And now there’s even tax evasion suspicions arising. So it’s a HUGE scandal no matter how much fans try to deny it. This isn’t just some random celebrity dating scandal used to cover up a political issue. This involves powerful figures as well as the law so it is a political issue in itself.

Also, it’s not only Naver that’s trying to cover it up or mediaplaying in favour of YG. Many news sites are doing it.
The SOPA scandal was 1 of them that went along with it but that one was dealt with i've heard but the other 5 i'm not sure about and instead of focusing on this scandal or other scandals how about focusing on every scandal equally? A scandal is still a scandal at the end of the day and deserves coverage just as much and I think more people are focusing on Seungris aspect of this one which is small in comparison of the much larger picture going on.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I see what you mean and I share your sentiments on the international news outlet. Tbh I only posted this and my other threads once a Soompi article is up on it. I wouldn't trust other sources, especially sites like Koreaboo or AKP since they have been known to post rumors rather than facts.
On AKP it seems especially bad cause users can post articles and people are using those as journalist facts even if they are pretty much speculation that anyone could have made in thread form. Not saying AKP writers are automatically more professional or better than users, but I saw recently people referencing as article user posted that included users own analysis like it's facts and prove of Mr.Kim's innocence, even AKP shared that article on twitter like it was their own. I'd hope people stopped believing everything that was written down straight away and would have bit of critical mind of their own when reading stuff, at least to extent to realize sth is speculation and that article wasn't even written by journalist.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Tea. There's minority of VIPs going around that are kinda scaring me with the blind defending. At this rate, I don't know if that group of people would even admit to Seungri's fault if he does get charged and jailed.
I think most just want truth to come out while wanting to stay positive about it and thinking it will turn out fine in the end, this includes not really going with more negative speculation of the case and wanting to point out with it how things aren't set in stone yet (which some in turn can be seen as delulu defending even if it's not). Not saying kpop fandoms don't have any delulu's, but in general what aggressiviness there might be to me comes most out of frustration and annoyance of misinformation being spread, the sentiment of some of just wanting tea and someone's fall and vips being infantilized (especially when majority of vips are adults and not teenagers). I mean I'm pretty annoyed myself over those, it makes whole thing more exhausting and tiring. Vips have most to lose here- from commentors I mean not compared to possible victims- so I don't think it should be too surprising most aren't really jump to conclusions and abandon Seungri and BB just yet even if some seem to hold that against vips (saying in general not towards you).
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I think most just want truth to come out while wanting to stay positive about it and thinking it will turn out fine in the end, this includes not really going with more negative speculation of the case and wanting to point out with it how things aren't set in stone yet (which some in turn can be seen as delulu defending even if it's not). Not saying kpop fandoms don't have any delulu's, but in general what aggressiviness there might be to me comes most out of frustration and annoyance of misinformation being spread, the sentiment of some of just wanting tea and someone's fall and vips being infantilized (especially when majority of vips are adults and not teenagers). I mean I'm pretty annoyed myself over those, it makes whole thing more exhausting and tiring. Vips have most to lose here- from commentors I mean not compared to possible victims- so I don't think it should be too surprising most aren't really jump to conclusions and abandon Seungri and BB just yet even if some seem to hold that against vips (saying in general not towards you).
Nah I know the majority of VIPs are adults and tbh I've seen most behave quite admirably throughout this mess. They're remaining neutral and the most they do is ask people not to jump to conclusions as there is a lot of misinformation going around and even holes and contradictions in statements. But, I was talking about this minority of fans that are legit delusional into believing that there's a mass conspiracy against Seungri and people are just out to get YG and Big Bang. Although there is some truth to that as well, I do think there's a limit to defending and claiming FULL innocence especially with this much smoke. There's bound to be a fire somewhere. I really don't think the narrative that Seungri's being framed and that he's fully innocent should be pushed. He's involved and he's guilty in some aspect, even if it's not the things he's been accused of.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Nah I know the majority of VIPs are adults and tbh I've seen most behave quite admirably throughout this mess. They're remaining neutral and the most they do is ask people not to jump to conclusions as there is a lot of misinformation going around and even holes and contradictions in statements. But, I was talking about this minority of fans that are legit delusional into believing that there's a mass conspiracy against Seungri and people are just out to get YG and Big Bang. Although there is some truth to that as well, I do think there's a limit to defending and claiming FULL innocence especially with this much smoke. There's bound to be a fire somewhere. I really don't think the narrative that Seungri's being framed and that he's fully innocent should be pushed. He's involved and he's guilty in some aspect, even if it's not the things he's been accused of.
Yes there is not only two outcomes of this aka 1) Seungri is guilty in everything and 2) Seungri's innocent about everything. It's more likely the truth is somewhere in the middle than either of those two. I'd prefer it being more on the innocent side of course ^^;

It's different thing how people will morally judge the things that come out though, not everyone is going to have problems even with him being involved in some of the things (or even with all of the things though that's bit extreme view for me) and some might see him morally horrible person even being involved in some more minor stuff that most don't see such big of issue (like tax evasion i guess).
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Does this mean that he's no longer allowed to run away to the army whilst the investigations are ongoing?

A source from the police stated, “We booked Seungri and changed his status to that of a suspect in order to issue a search and seizure warrant and clear [Seungri] of the suspicions [surrounding him].”
I hope that this is just a bad translation and that they didn't actually say this... Doesn't give me much hope that justice will prevail.....
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Does this mean that he's no longer allowed to run away to the army whilst the investigations are ongoing?


I hope that this is just a bad translation and that they didn't actually say this... Doesn't give me much hope that justice will prevail.....
Yeah I don't think suspects are allowed to enlist.
For my information he needs to be arrested in order to prevent him going to military. If he's being investigated and suspect I think they will have to continue that without him and if there is case against him then bring it in military court, that's what i have read up on it though. I think this so far is best source of it since it includes statement from military organization: Military Manpower Administration Explains Seungri’s Enlistment Status

"Regarding questions about his enlistment amidst ongoing investigations, the source explained, “Unless an arrest warrant is issued and he is imprisoned before his enlistment, he is required to enlist. However, the investigation will not conclude, and the investigative authorities will continue the investigation in partnership with the military.”
Another source of the Military Manpower Administration said, “Recently, celebrities and children of influential figures who enlist after causing societal disturbances have separately been under special management,” and added, “If Seungri is found guilty of any charges prior to his enlistment, the military can delay his enlistment.”"

I don't think the suspect changes much rather than just giving police more tools (search warrant etc.) to investigate him with before he goes which is of course positive thing. So far they don't really have evidence against him to really arrest him unless they are hiding sth.

And I don't personally think he's running away since he was supposed to enlist beginning of 2019 since forever and got drafted. Rather than that if he is innocent (meaning here in front of law not necessary morally and in public eye), the military enlistment is bad timing for him and makes it him being unable to defend himself. For fans it's bad timing too since everyone would rather be done with this thing as soon as possible.
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena


Article: Seungri booked for facilitating prostitution... now a suspect

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

1. [+3,965, -26] Investigate everything in YG, disband Big Bang, and send Seungri to jail. This is the worst scandal ever.

2. [+3,453, -16] Looks like he won't be able to enlist anymore~ ㅋ

3. [+3,268, -19] Jail him no matter what!

4. [+231, -1] He showed his own dongsaeng to the public on TV... while setting up prostitutes behind cameras ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+206, -8] He's so young, where in the world did he learn to do such evil things in business? If he's got nothing in his brains, the least he could do was be humble. I always knew there was something wrong about him with the way he acted up.

6. [+182, -0] He put his whole family on TV and exposed their faces, now what does he expect them to do? tsk tsk, he really needed to have controlled himself with all these scandals.

7. [+171, -3] He totally got screwed out of trying to run away to the army ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ this is good

8. [+149, -0] And he acted like he was innocent this whole time... proves that you need thick skin to get by in our country

9. [+123, -1] I wonder if YG will throw Seungri out or keep him? Obviously there will be a reason why they're keeping him ^^ He'll only be in jail for what? 6 months? He's rich enough to get a few good lawyers to make it short ^^ Let's be real, he's just the face of this whole scandal. The real bad guys are the ones behind him doing all this dirty stuff.

10. [+92, -0] There must've been something on him then

-



Source: Naver

1. [+3,251, -17] The initial report made by the first victim Kim Sang Kyo... has now led to the downfall of the police, Burning Sun, Seungri, Big Bang, YG, Yang Hyun Suk, and even Arena... This feels great. What's most important is that we figure out who the figure behind Seungri and YG is. There's a reason Yang Hyun Suk is still acting so shameless right now.

2. [+1,537, -7] It's obvious that they have something on Seungri but it seems like they're trying to end this scandal with Seungri the best they can. Are they not going to investigate Yang Hyun Suk? Feels like he's dumping the whole thing on Seungri.

3. [+461, -13] Hope he gets some anal testing done in jail

4. [+245, -2] It's so obvious that the police is only "acting" like they're investigating anything ㅡㅡ I just want to know what big figure is behind all this that everyone is playing dumb, sigh

5. [+171, -2] Don't investigate just Seungri, get into YG and whoever is above them too. And Naver, stop changing out the articles.

-



Source: Naver

1. [+2,626, -47] He himself has a little sister... How could he be such a horrible person to ask for women, the daughters of other families, who put out easy?

2. [+1,264, -58] A round of applause to the bravery showed by the victim Kim Sang Kyo..

3. [+570, -15] Pimp

4. [+357, -8] Investigate this right

5. [+184, -5] You really don't know what life will throw at you... Kim Saeng Min back then, or Seungri now... just because you're doing well now doesn't mean that you'll be doing well forever. You should always be careful and cautious to maintain that position. Don't be jealous of others who are doing better than you because it can just as easily be you sooner or later. All you need to worry about is living right no matter what position you're at.

6. [+157, -11] In this whole scandal, Seungri is just the tail, not the body. The police is just using him to cut the tail to the scandal, to the real guys behind it all.

7. [+140, -2] I read in another article that they can't block his enlistment unless they have an arrest warrant for him. I really think this whole scandal will end with Seungri enlisting and the police and army pretending to investigate into it but just wasting time and letting it be forgotten from the public's memory. This is how frustrating Korean law is.

8. [+140, -4] Tsk tsk, I always knew there was something wrong with him when there were reports of him sleeping with any woman in Japan and being really raunchy in bed.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship


Article: Seungri booked for facilitating prostitution... now a suspect

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

1. [+3,965, -26] Investigate everything in YG, disband Big Bang, and send Seungri to jail. This is the worst scandal ever.

2. [+3,453, -16] Looks like he won't be able to enlist anymore~ ㅋ

3. [+3,268, -19] Jail him no matter what!

4. [+231, -1] He showed his own dongsaeng to the public on TV... while setting up prostitutes behind cameras ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+206, -8] He's so young, where in the world did he learn to do such evil things in business? If he's got nothing in his brains, the least he could do was be humble. I always knew there was something wrong about him with the way he acted up.

6. [+182, -0] He put his whole family on TV and exposed their faces, now what does he expect them to do? tsk tsk, he really needed to have controlled himself with all these scandals.

7. [+171, -3] He totally got screwed out of trying to run away to the army ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ this is good

8. [+149, -0] And he acted like he was innocent this whole time... proves that you need thick skin to get by in our country

9. [+123, -1] I wonder if YG will throw Seungri out or keep him? Obviously there will be a reason why they're keeping him ^^ He'll only be in jail for what? 6 months? He's rich enough to get a few good lawyers to make it short ^^ Let's be real, he's just the face of this whole scandal. The real bad guys are the ones behind him doing all this dirty stuff.

10. [+92, -0] There must've been something on him then

-



Source: Naver

1. [+3,251, -17] The initial report made by the first victim Kim Sang Kyo... has now led to the downfall of the police, Burning Sun, Seungri, Big Bang, YG, Yang Hyun Suk, and even Arena... This feels great. What's most important is that we figure out who the figure behind Seungri and YG is. There's a reason Yang Hyun Suk is still acting so shameless right now.

2. [+1,537, -7] It's obvious that they have something on Seungri but it seems like they're trying to end this scandal with Seungri the best they can. Are they not going to investigate Yang Hyun Suk? Feels like he's dumping the whole thing on Seungri.

3. [+461, -13] Hope he gets some anal testing done in jail

4. [+245, -2] It's so obvious that the police is only "acting" like they're investigating anything ㅡㅡ I just want to know what big figure is behind all this that everyone is playing dumb, sigh

5. [+171, -2] Don't investigate just Seungri, get into YG and whoever is above them too. And Naver, stop changing out the articles.

-



Source: Naver

1. [+2,626, -47] He himself has a little sister... How could he be such a horrible person to ask for women, the daughters of other families, who put out easy?

2. [+1,264, -58] A round of applause to the bravery showed by the victim Kim Sang Kyo..

3. [+570, -15] Pimp

4. [+357, -8] Investigate this right

5. [+184, -5] You really don't know what life will throw at you... Kim Saeng Min back then, or Seungri now... just because you're doing well now doesn't mean that you'll be doing well forever. You should always be careful and cautious to maintain that position. Don't be jealous of others who are doing better than you because it can just as easily be you sooner or later. All you need to worry about is living right no matter what position you're at.

6. [+157, -11] In this whole scandal, Seungri is just the tail, not the body. The police is just using him to cut the tail to the scandal, to the real guys behind it all.

7. [+140, -2] I read in another article that they can't block his enlistment unless they have an arrest warrant for him. I really think this whole scandal will end with Seungri enlisting and the police and army pretending to investigate into it but just wasting time and letting it be forgotten from the public's memory. This is how frustrating Korean law is.

8. [+140, -4] Tsk tsk, I always knew there was something wrong with him when there were reports of him sleeping with any woman in Japan and being really raunchy in bed.
"7. [+140, -2] I read in another article that they can't block his enlistment unless they have an arrest warrant for him. I really think this whole scandal will end with Seungri enlisting and the police and army pretending to investigate into it but just wasting time and letting it be forgotten from the public's memory. This is how frustrating Korean law is."
I'm almost 80% sure this will happen. Big Bang will then make their comeback with another huge hit and everyone will forget this ever happened. If it indeed does play out like that, I can't say I'd be the least bit surprised.
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
"7. [+140, -2] I read in another article that they can't block his enlistment unless they have an arrest warrant for him. I really think this whole scandal will end with Seungri enlisting and the police and army pretending to investigate into it but just wasting time and letting it be forgotten from the public's memory. This is how frustrating Korean law is."
I'm almost 80% sure this will happen. Big Bang will then make their comeback with another huge hit and everyone will forget this ever happened. If it indeed does play out like that, I can't say I'd be the least bit surprised.
And that's the most frustrating part about this. The fact that he could escape this almost untouched...

I thought that the British justice system was fucked up. But the Korean justice system is a whole other level of shitness...
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,695
Reactions Received
93,497
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,392
Fandom
WizSoneLuv

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
.
Joined
14 November 2018
Messages
2,778
Reactions Received
11,243
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It doesn't help i have seen some of most trusted media in west making witchhunt of Pewdiepie using the most stupid misinformation as facts (New York Times and Wallstreet Journal), that I have lost recently lot of trust towards journalism in general.
Media in the west might be more under control then we think ( news / tv / sns like twitter.. )
People take everything for true, like a dogma, when its on the news, " it must be true " so easy to manipulate opinions and shut down everything else.
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
AN UPDATE:
the police does not investigate anymore (since they're still biased).
Now, it gets attention from a federal-like institution (kinda like the FBI).
It got mentioned today as well in the parliament/government.
It is believed that this is only the tip of something way bigger.
 

Lighterxx

See my DP? Kiss it.
.
Joined
2 November 2018
Messages
1,111
Reactions Received
5,054
Location
MEOW STAN SVT
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I think that was still on Burning suns alleged messages between staff? I read couple translations of prostituion Katalks and to me it was just about sex workers?

Here: KakaoTalk Conversation Suggests BIGBANG SeungRi Offered Prostitutes To Business Connections • Kpopmap . I still think u r mixing The two.
I was talking about this moment they were searching for ones looking out of it, then decided to get someone with payment instead bcs they werent drugged enough

Employee Kim: I wonder if there are any girls we can hit up at the moment. I’ve taken care of the seats. I’m guessing B is the only female.

C: And make sure B doesn’t get mixed up with the other people there.

Employee Kim: I’ll stick close to her.

SeungRi: Get it done right and don’t mess up.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread