News Taeyeon Confirms She's Taking Medication For Depression (1 Viewer)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Taeyeon opened up her “Ask Me Anything” on her Instagram, and posted her reply to a Korean who asked her“Is it (Do you have) bipolar disorder? tsk tsk”. To which Taeyeon replied "No, I am suffering from depression. Right now I am taking medicine and working hard to get better. Whether it is bipolar disorder or depression, don’t just “tsk tsk” people and look at them negatively. They are all patients who are sick and in pain."

-
Fans got extremely concerned and started sending in waves of hearts and virtual hugs her way!

Taeyeon: Thank you very much for listening to my songs and looking out for me. Because of you all, I get strength every single day.


Fan: I’m sending you a virtual hug!
Taeyeon: I started talking to everyone because I think I needed to get some strength. Thanks to everyone, I’m getting a good influence from you all. I’ll be fine. I’m sorry for making everyone worry and I think this is a process for us to get to know each other better. I’ll try to take even better care and try harder for our fans.​
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I'm glad that more and more idols are being open to their mental health issues. Tiffany just admitted to going to therapy and encouraged her fans to get help if they need it

I'm happy Taeyeon has opened up about her struggles, I worry about her sometimes
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I've always worried a bit about Taeyeon since I knew she had depression. I'm glad she's taking the right steps to get better though. She's a very strong person and I wish her good health and happiness. 💙
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It's sad how many idols and artists are suffering from deppression and other mental illnesses. The job really isn't easy, and i hope shes' doing fine. Her reply is really mature though.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Her reply was amazing, I hope this helps people who are struggling to feel less alienated and looked down upon. They need support and love, not judgement.
 
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
She handled the question so well!

I really hope she has proper time just for herself and/or go to therapy. Just taking the meds might be fine in a short run, but later it might be too hard to drop them. Wouldn't be surprised if SM didn't let her rest enough.

Hope she feels better someday. 💛
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
she is such a wonderful person. I always worried about her and knowing now that she is getting help like that is reassuring
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I'm glad she shut that fan down for "tsk tsk" mental health. It's nothing people should be ashamed of and the stigma needs to be torn down because it just hurts people more when we should be helping and supporting
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,424
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I'm glad she shut that fan down for "tsk tsk" mental health. It's nothing people should be ashamed of and the stigma needs to be torn down because it just hurts people more when we should be helping and supporting
Bi polar especially is not to be taken lightly.
I can see how some can just not understand clinical depression, but bi polar has really been moved into the 'known illnesses' category.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
So much respect for her for opening up about this and answering that question really well. I hope she gets better soon and know that everyone loves her. I hope she stays strong.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,014
Reactions Received
52,920
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,196
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Just hearing this abt Tae gives me so many conflicting thots; glad she's getting treatment/being pro-active abt her depression, relief smh tat there's a reason why she's been quieter on ig recently and sad she's having ongoing struggles w/depression.

I love Taeng and wish her to know we want all the best for her.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
72
Reactions Received
231
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Taeyeon opened up her “Ask Me Anything” on her Instagram, and posted her reply to a Korean who asked her“Is it (Do you have) bipolar disorder? tsk tsk”. To which Taeyeon replied "No, I am suffering from depression. Right now I am taking medicine and working hard to get better. Whether it is bipolar disorder or depression, don’t just “tsk tsk” people and look at them negatively. They are all patients who are sick and in pain."

-
Fans got extremely concerned and started sending in waves of hearts and virtual hugs her way!

Taeyeon: Thank you very much for listening to my songs and looking out for me. Because of you all, I get strength every single day.


Fan: I’m sending you a virtual hug!
Taeyeon: I started talking to everyone because I think I needed to get some strength. Thanks to everyone, I’m getting a good influence from you all. I’ll be fine. I’m sorry for making everyone worry and I think this is a process for us to get to know each other better. I’ll try to take even better care and try harder for our fans.​
I hope she gets better and beats that depression.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread