Top 5 Girl Group Vocals (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,178
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,427
Ship
Wreck
Which 5 active girl groups do you think have the strongest vocals overall currently?

My list only has 4 since I am uncertain on the 5th spot but I have in no particular order

Mamamoo
Oh My Girl
Gfriend
Red Velvet
???

Who would you put as 5th or would you change someone else in the list?​
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not a vocal expert so I can't name groups that have "good" vocals, but I think there are a lot of nugu's who would be in the list as well.
It's understandable tho that we lean towards the more known groups.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,178
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,427
Ship
Wreck
I'm not a vocal expert so I can't name groups that have "good" vocals, but I think there are a lot of nugu's who would be in the list as well.
It's understandable tho that we lean towards the more known groups.
Depends what you count as nugu, I find that groups with that kind of talent be it dancing or singing tend to get some following which is enough to meet my criteria for a low success group like Dreamnote as an example but there are ofc groups which even the most devoted ifan will never learn about.
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Depends what you count as nugu, I find that groups with that kind of talent be it dancing or singing tend to get some following which is enough to meet my criteria for a low success group like Dreamnote as an example but there are ofc groups which even the most devoted ifan will never learn about.
I mean groups like purfles and Kiss&Cry weren't too known. Only after disbandment they gained some intl fans
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I am not speaking as an expert here but I took vocal lessons during five years.

My top 5 would be :
1. Mamamoo
2. Brown Eyed Girls ( they are still active, their last single was in January 2020 and their last true comeback in 2019) they are basically Mamamoo ancestors. A good rapper and 3 outstanding vocalists.
3. 4. 5. As a group I feel like WSJN, Gugudan and Lovelyz are better than Oh my girl and Gfriend too. There isn’t a big difference though between Lovelyz and Oh my girl for example.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,178
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,427
Ship
Wreck
I mean groups like purfles and Kiss&Cry weren't too known. Only after disbandment they gained some intl fans
Usually doesn't mean all, I stan NC.A myself who even people on forums didn't know but for those 2 examples I can raise you The Ark and Matilda.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I am not speaking as an expert here but I took vocal lessons during five years.

My top 5 would be :
1. Mamamoo
2. Brown Eyed Girls ( they are still active, their last single was in January 2020 and their last true comeback in 2019) they are basically Mamamoo ancestors. A good rapper and 3 outstanding vocalists.
3. 4. 5. As a group I feel like WSJN, Gugudan and Lovelyz are better than Oh my girl and Gfriend too. There isn’t a big difference though between Lovelyz and Oh my girl for example.
I forgot about Red Velvet. They would be third I guess.
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
It’s the same for Spica. Vocal oriented groups have it hard except for a few examples like Mamamoo.
I think that a lot of vocally strong groups tend to wanting to showcase it which usually happens with ballads or other songs that isn't that publicly friendly. Mamamoo seems to have found a way to showcase their vocals with a song that appeals to the audience (like Decalcomanie)
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I think that a lot of vocally strong groups tend to wanting to showcase it which usually happens with ballads or other songs that isn't that publicly friendly. Mamamoo seems to have found a way to showcase their vocals with a song that appeals to the audience (like Decalcomanie)
Their musical style is public friendly but unique at the same time especially during theirs first years with the retro jazz vibe that theirs songs had.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,178
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,427
Ship
Wreck
You're not putting in Dreamcatcher?
They are an option i'd consider alongside Cosmic Girls and Lovelyz since I know they are all pretty vocally solid
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
from the active ones?
  • BEG
  • Mamamoo
  • Gfriend
  • Oh My Girl
  • WJSN
Nothing can top Brown Eyed Girls. The girls are just on a different level
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread